Notices

Class of March 2016 part 44

Old 03-25-2017, 11:49 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Hey! Late check in. Went to mtg this morning, saw a friend who had a baby, visited my parents and now I'm back home. Going to run, visit with Kamry and then play cards.

Could use your prayers and good vibes. My son has been kicked out of his dad's. He is living in his car. I need strength to not enable him.

Love you guys.

Have a good day!
Old 03-25-2017, 12:03 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

Bobbie, saying prayers for your son and you. Stay strong. I'm sure it's very hard. Hugs.

Warm day here, but it's overcast and drizzly. Took kiddos out earlier for a bike ride and now getting ready to head to my brother and SIL's for dinner.

Day 23. Love you all!
Old 03-25-2017, 01:26 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Hey all. Late check in on day 90 - three months...that's crazy!

Woke up during the night with a stomach bug. Feeling a little more human now but still not able to keep anything down...also my Fitbit died...not sure which is worse.

Bobbie - you feel like a sister to me and when your heart breaks so does mine. I can say all the right things right now but what I'd really like to do is wrap you up in a great big hug and just let you cry. Your son is lucky to have you on his side and one day he will tell you how much you mean to him. Love you and with you from across the miles (I mean kilometres) ❤❤

Well off to find some crackers. I haven't even had a tea today...that should tell you how dire the situation is here.
Old 03-25-2017, 02:07 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

OMG Hugs & Prayers Bobbie

Just stopping by - will need to catch up with everyone a little later....project for the day - Mom is helping me put together a shadowbox from Sunday's festivities....I'll see if I can share a picture of it when complete.....laundry will have to wait till tomorrow!
Old 03-25-2017, 04:27 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Hugs Bobbie, I hope it all works out in the end. I hope you have peace and manage to enjoy your week without too much worry, you deserve that. Thinking of you today.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:30 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Purplrks - love the shadow box idea...can't wait to see the finished product!

Immri - glad to see you here!!
Old 03-25-2017, 04:39 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

B- that's crap about your son. You said all the 'right' words. Stay strong, not enable, need support. It is still a crap situation and you hurt. My prayers to you , your son and your family.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:45 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

PJ - is that a new MP? I love it
Old 03-25-2017, 04:51 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Sam- from last year. A fairly accurate visual of my right arm, complete with the '1 glove' look. Working on next mp now. Looking at stuff.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:56 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Nitey night friends. Thanks for another sober day!
Old 03-25-2017, 06:01 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Night BBG!!
Old 03-25-2017, 07:33 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Sam I hope you feel better! Sometimes I have ginger ale to help an upset tummy (?)

More hugs & Prayers Bobbie
Old 03-25-2017, 07:38 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Ok let's see if this works....

The picture doesn't do much justice....it's much more beautiful in person (and so is he!)

I need to get some sleep! Thanks everyone for putting up with me!
Old 03-25-2017, 08:18 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Goodnight Marchers! Hope everyone's weekend goes well. I had an exhausting day. I'll post about it later maybe. Anyways nighters!
Old 03-25-2017, 08:52 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Sleep well upst.
Well did most of my 'promise' list for today (thread started by Ann). I did mah shopping and now am cooking 2 weeks worth of meals. First time I have cooked like this- ever, for one. Problem is - the best prices for meat are in bulk- and chicken is okay. I just cannot get myself to buy a 4 kg lump of pork or lamb, just for me. Perhaps next time. Even bought a baking dish (woop-woop). Better than booze. Also (my excuse was I did this for Ann)- got mahself a double shot latte- my temptative (yes- I invented a word)- I am cleverer) evil once every few months. Very tempted to go the cookie route, alas no. Also finished washing
Heard from ex. Heart pumping when saw e-m. Last contact was her in tears in mediation session. The one that was scheduled for 2 hours. I agreed to everything so took 17 minutes. I on parting ways said all I want is for us all to heal so we can move on. She physically shied away from me when I went to offer a concilliatory shoulder touch. I wonder if it to an extent was because said touch was offered with my right, burnt arm- complete with glove. Oh well. Had sent her an e-m weeks ago asking her to remove her details from a joint account I use and she does not. Today was happy to do so- no animosity. Mind racing of course- what is going on with divorce? Do I have any possessions left or did she sell them? Catastrophic thinking. I told her I trust her. Oh well- arty mindful time. (sigh).
Old 03-25-2017, 10:25 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Hugs, PHX.

Thanks for the support, everyone.

Love you all.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:48 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Finished me cooking- 14 meals in all. Ingredients - take lots of ginger, lots and lots of garlic and 1 onion, plus chilli, soy, sesame oil- Gently fry with oil. Then add stuff and eat.
Calmed a little re the ex. Sigh.
Did me arty thing.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:24 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Good mornin' Marchers. Startin' fluid and day planning goin' on here.

I copied this from another thread (March 2017?) and it struck me as true so I'm passing it along:

"Just because you close the door on alcohol, doesn't mean it's gone away, it's still there and because the illness is progressive, it will be bigger and stronger should you ever open that door again."

So true, so true!
Old 03-26-2017, 05:01 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Morning! Not back to 100% but feeling better today. Going to attempt the gym and will do what I can. Last day of holidays and I want to make the most of it....other than the gym, on the agenda is cleaning the house, laundry, get my nails done (maybe), some food prep and a trip to the tea store....funny thing is I probably have all the same teas here at home that I can make for myself but it feels more special to go in and buy one...lol....crazy? Yep....probably

PJ - hugs to you my friend....that could not have been easy and yet you faced it with grace. Always learning from you. Also your food prep sounds awesome...so much work but worth it in the end (true of so many things)

Purplrks - love the shadow box!!

Upstairs - hi!!

BBG - thanks for sharing that...a good reminder that we are not resetting the clocks if we pick up again but just continuing on the same path. Hope you have a great day!!

Well I am off to try some breakfast. Love you guys and honestly do not know where I would be without you.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:25 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

SAM- the garlic, oh god- DO NOT FORGET THE GARLIC....and thank you. This thread- and you, B and others have been an anchor for me since last year. (sniff)