Notices

F.I.S.T. (The First Insanity Survivors Thread)

Old 03-30-2017, 12:56 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Kinda crappy work day...

Off to the gym soon....and, well, barring unforeseen circumstance, Moussaka and a babreham lincoln are to follow....

How is everyone else doing?
Old 03-30-2017, 01:08 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Mmm, Love Moussaka.

Got a good cream recipe recipe?
Old 03-30-2017, 03:36 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Hi all,

I'm so tired today. The combination of stress and excitement for my pending move are making me restless, for sure. I'll keep plugging along, sober. No need to hide from my feelings. A friend posted a great quote from Marianne Williamson on FB yesterday that summed this time up for me: "Ego says, 'once everything falls into place, I'll feel peace.' Spirit says, 'Find your peace and then everything will fall into place.'" I've been trying to abide by that throughout this process.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:51 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

How are you today, PJ?
Old 03-30-2017, 06:13 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

hELLO g. I AM OKAY- A WAVE IN CRAP FEELINGS JUST NOW- FOR THE USUAL SUSPECTS INN EOMTIONAL TURMOIL. lAUNCHING INTO A BIGGIE ARTY THIS AFTER A LUNCHTIME MEETING.

damn caps lock
Old 03-30-2017, 06:17 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

I hope you have a good time and get your mind off things.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:21 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope the crap feelings pass quickly PJ.

D
Old 03-30-2017, 07:04 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  
p***enger

Seems like a lot of us had a rough day. When I finish with my good one, I'll send it to you via the astral plane, and you can enjoy it, too!

Two people have lately told me they want to get together because I "seem like the kind of person it'd be fun to drink with."

Where's that eye-roll???
Old 03-31-2017, 01:33 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

iwlsast, PJ- I will send some good mojo your way! on my last graveyard shift. Yeah! I am now joining the ranks of the daytime dwellers, this puts me more in contact with the bosses and the public, but hey,,, sacrifices.

Courage- was your reply along the lines of, Thank you! and being the designated driver is the added bonus to the party!

Happy Friday all!

Badge
Old 03-31-2017, 01:42 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Well went to me meeting. There was a lady there with her grand-k. All good. The kid (toddler) threw food everywhere, pulled all the literature off the table, threw his lunch box at a lady's head- who moved chairs and eventually left. Then upturned chairs and shouted lots. Sill all good. A person- not gran took the kid outside to divert. Gran shared she has come to realise she cannot control stuff in her life- like (she says to the chairperson)_ moving her car from a reserved space when asked- because it was just meant to be. That such things just happen and do not matter. The toddler- did what toddler's do. I was not at peace with gran. What annoyed me even more was me- 'cos it did not effect me. Mind- when the kid started sucking on the end of a pressurised fire extinguisher with gran watching- and going into the kitchen (where the huge urn of boiling water was) while another person went and got the kid and closed the kitchen door- that is the kid's life in peril and gran has responsibility for that life. NOT all good. So came away feeling annoyed. Did gardeny and arty things for hours- still feeling unsettled. Ugh and bleah.
OK though- it will pass.
Old 03-31-2017, 03:30 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

I rarely have a bad day, but when I do, I just thank my lucky stars that I'm sober.
Old 03-31-2017, 03:55 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

I might have applied corporal punishment--at least to Grandma!

Not going to muddy things up with the mirage of drunken paradise today!
Old 03-31-2017, 04:23 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

How are you doing today, Tom?
Old 03-31-2017, 04:47 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerBeerLover View Post
I rarely have a bad day, but when I do, I just thank my lucky stars that I'm sober.
My mantra for today. Thanks, FBL.
Old 03-31-2017, 04:51 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Just sending love your way, PJ.

Went to homegroup meeting last night too, and saw my old sponsor back in the game after a mental relapse, no drinking involved. She had a newbie and said little more than hi to me.

Disruptive children are not allowed in meetings. He got away with more than some of us alcoholics could have.
Old 03-31-2017, 04:56 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

I'm not real happy with gran either Phoenix. I have seen this sort of behaviour from kids even when the parent/gran is being diligent. I can understand when people get annoyed when they are trying to concentrate on the meeting. But can also make Mum feel really bad too.

I've thought for a long time that many, (particularly single) women do not attend meetings because of this very reason. Kids get bored, and they can go berko. It is no good for the Mum either. I'd rather stay at home. Very stressful.

I don't know whether it happens now, but have thought it would be a good idea to have a rostered, dedicated person to 'mind' the kids while the meeting was in progress. I think it would be of real service. All part of the Programme

Hope you are feeling better Phoenix. I have now lodged all of the documentation in application for my housing, including my cover letter. It was weighing on me more than I thought as feel a great weight lifted since posting it away. Can't say the landlord's attitude has changed much. That's land law for you

It's pretty insane.
Old 03-31-2017, 04:57 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Our posts collided Kris. Hi, Kris.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:05 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Hi Steely.

Wishing you the best on your documentation.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:21 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Hi, Steely. I hope all goes well

In our church community group meetings, there are four young couples with little kids. One of the moms has a high school sister whom we pay to babysit the little monsters so that the parents (especially the beleaguered moms) can relax for a brief two hours.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:36 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Phoenix, that stressed me out just reading about it! I'm doing ok Gilmer how are you?