Notices

Class of February 2017 Support Thread Part 3

Old 03-03-2017, 08:02 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Welcome to the new people!

I also like to take long salt bath. I tell hubby "I'm going for a swim in the ocean" and off I go to the tub. I do think it drys out my hair a bit . . . oh well. . .

I'm not feeling too vulnerable going into the weekend since I feel like crap (still!). Absolutely no interest in drinking right now. Hubby had a beer and I couldn't even sit at the table with him. The smell made me sick.

I'm hoping this miserable gut ach will eventually clear up. I swear it's got to be withdrawal related.

Once again, I'm not feeling like a good supportive Feb member since I feel too distracted by my own painful gut to be supportive to others. But I am reading the thread and remain inspired and in awe of everyone's progress.

Day 11 ( I think)
Old 03-03-2017, 11:58 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hi Milly / why don't you go the doctor and get that checked out - my tummy ache went after a week .
Hello new people
Just chilling this morning hope everyone is ok
Old 03-04-2017, 12:02 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Nearly a month for me.

This time I'm doing things differently, I'm starting to change my life a little.
I'm saying no to the invites to festivals, pubs, relationships etc but I am going to fun runs, lunches and hanging out with my kids.
Even meet a sober friend for a catch up. We had a great time.

I can't live sober in a drinkers stunted world.
I gotta live sober in a bright functioning world. That's were sober lives.
💝 To all.
Old 03-04-2017, 12:59 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by geoffaus View Post
I think the longest ive gone before was around a month and then i remember thinking and feeling boredom and loneliness.
10 years later i know i feel the same way regarding boredom and loneliness with alcohol still in my life.
I remember reading somewhere recently
"living to only work and drink is a sad existence".
That seemed to hit home for me.
Know what you mean Geoff.....it is a sad way to live. For what little it may be worth I've found that I was lonelier hungover, the boredom was worse hungover......drunk or hungover you isolate.....hungover you're too sick and listless to do anything.....boredom sets in. Its a vicious cycle.
If you can get through the first bit, then you're at least capable and maybe a little bit more motivated to get out of the routine and start something doing something else.

All the best....hang in here with us.
Old 03-04-2017, 04:40 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Woke up grateful to be hangover free. Now, just need to do that again today

Have a blessed, sober day!
Old 03-04-2017, 06:24 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Off on a six hour drive to take my daughter to check out a college. Should be fun. Still sober here and I will not allow that to change. Stay strong everyone
Old 03-04-2017, 06:55 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Meow

Originally Posted by nexttime View Post
Just checking in. Off on a six hour drive to take my daughter to check out a college. Should be fun. Still sober here and I will not allow that to change. Stay strong everyone
Good thing you quit drinking. After paying for college, you wouldn't be able to afford to anyway!
Old 03-04-2017, 08:18 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Day 7! That's all
Old 03-04-2017, 08:50 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Checking in at Day 12 hangover free. Going to gym and planning for a nice relaxing day without drinking. Stay strong everyone.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:10 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
HFA

Was supposed to be getting work done, but instead I went back and read a lot of my post over the years. I started in 2010 on here. I read the post from when I was 17mo sober and Im amazed at how i sound and how i talk about how i could never go back. Then i find the shame-post where i join a new group. 6 months later Im posting how good i feel and how im never going back. Then next post is another shame post joining a new group. Rinse and repeat for 6!!! years.
For #$%# sake man, get it together.

Another thing I noticed is that all my post for long stints had my days sober at the bottom. As I got closer to the relapse time I stopped putting those numbers down. Not sure what that means but just an observation.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

*Day 14*
Old 03-04-2017, 09:37 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi February friends...
My last drink was Friday February 24. A very very bad night. Very bad, and I'm lucky nothing irreversible happened.

First sober day of course would be 2/25. So today is my day 8. It is odd. No matter what I said on SR or to anyone else, before 2/24, I don't think I ever intended to stay sober, in my heart of hearts. I didn't say it, but I did believe I could moderate. I can't.

Starting 2/25 I don't drink, and I will never change my mind.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:52 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Day 12 for me. I'm doing stressful responsible things today . . . balancing the accounts, sending reminders to people who owe me money (oye - scary), making IRA contributions . . . all those details that get lost in the alcohol haze.

And it's stressful. There is never enough money.

Anyway . . . I also read and read the boards last night. And I'm a bit scared. Every post (from years back to present) to newbies sound like post directed to me. And so many newbie responses about how they are different, their situation leaves them no real options, blah, blah, blah . . . sounds like me . . . sounds like what my brain is telling me. I can see I might be setting myself up for a relapse.

But for today, I'm sober and I will stay that way.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:55 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

HFA,

Don't beat yourself up to bad. I have had as many attempts as you at sobriety over the past years. Let's both make it "stick" this time!
Old 03-04-2017, 09:58 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
HFA

Originally Posted by RetiredGuy View Post
HFA,

Don't beat yourself up to bad. I have had as many attempts as you at sobriety over the past years. Let's both make it "stick" this time!
Deal!

*day 14*
Old 03-04-2017, 10:30 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Saturday evening I'm on day 22 / I can hardly believe that myself
Anyway struggling a bit tonight
I will keep reading here for a while may get a bath
Not motivated to do anything really
Maybe I will try and sleep
I'm not going to drink tonight
Old 03-04-2017, 10:43 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

HFA maybe you stopped counting the days sober cos you thought you had it in the bag - AV waits for you to become complacent then pounces
Never stop counting the sober days, it could just be the lesson you needed to learn to stop forever
I've tried so many times and think I can be a controlled drinker - or a Saturday only drinker but I'm sick of my own lies now - hate the hangover- the shame the waterey eyes the shaking hands the red face - it's ugly and stupid expensive and takes too much of your time and those you love
It tells you that your smart clever beautiful funny - then laughs it's head off at you the next morning
Don't listen to that voice it's a liar
Old 03-04-2017, 10:47 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Meow

HFA, I joined before you. It's time now, right? Our time to shine.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:56 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Shine on and I will follow the light
Old 03-04-2017, 10:57 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Haha that was a bit of a joke but it looks a bit deep than what I meant it to
Old 03-04-2017, 02:09 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Meow

I like shiny things lol