Notices

Class of February 2017 Support Thread Part 3

Old 03-01-2017, 02:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Meow

Originally Posted by nexttime View Post
Any particular fruit seem to work better than others for you PC? I haven't eaten fruit to speak of in decades. Seems like a good thing to get back to though thanks for sharing.
Red grapes, strawberries and watermelon have been my go-to fruits. Sweet and higher in water content.

I've never been a big fruit eater either, but my diet plan (I'm working with a nutritionist) requires 3-4 servings a day. A serving is 1 c grapes, 3/4 c whole strawberries or 1 1/4 c watermelon. I've been eating a serving of fruit before I leave work and I'm not getting home hungry and thirsty - bonus!
Old 03-01-2017, 03:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Day 9

Still sober, feeling good. Doing inventory at work and the warehouse is a disaster area, climbing up and down ladders all night. My tired legs make me want to drink a beer, but I feel good and I want to keep it that way.

Talk to you guys tomorrow.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Fruit at the end of the day is a great idea! I don't know why I didn't think of it. I'm going to try it tomorrow.
Tomorrow is 20 days for me! It's amazing. I am so hoping that the desire to drink lifts completely very soon. It's mostly only on my way home from work. Once I get home, I'm okay and so grateful I didn't stop for alcohol. But that trip, wow, it's rough. My mind gets taken over by the alcohol beast. That's really how it seems. I often go to the 5:30 meeting after work, and sometimes go to Subway and get a Sobee drink and make phone calls. I'm fortunate not to have children at home, and I have an adult at home who can walk my dog.
I wish I didn't have this problem, but here it is, and I'm glad I'm working toward overcoming it.
One of the ladies in my department at work has had to take off the next two weeks to deal with anxiety. Her doctor gave her a couple of prescriptions. She's a mess. The odd thing is, she has seemed like such a level headed, peaceful person up until this past Friday, when it all went to *ell. I've worked with her for a year. Now, suddenly, this. It really made me stop and think, and still is.
Sweet dreams everyone!
Old 03-01-2017, 06:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

1 week

Hi all,

Day 7 today for me: yeah! Went to two meetings (face to face) and attended one phone meeting (mindfulness 12 steps and refuge recovery). Planning three more meetings this week with goal to select 1-2 weekly regular face to face meetings. In a sense I don't feel I "need" going to meetings, but they have been very powerful, so I am fairly sure I will keep going.

Have a great day!
Old 03-01-2017, 06:19 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. Just checking in. Great to see everybody doing so well and making so many changes in life. I'll be able to catch up on everyone tomorrow. Welcome to all of our new classmates. Looking forward to getting to know all of you. If you are struggling OR doing well, keep posting! In the words of my kids favorite movie : "Ohana! Means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten" lilo and stitch.

Keep it up.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:36 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. Just checking in. I had a nice evening hanging out with my son. My wife went out with friends...no drinking. Ordinarily I use it as an excuse to drink as she is not watching over me and when she gets home she goes straight to bed. However, I ate dinner with my son, did homework with him, played cards with him, an put him to bed. I'm now relaxing and reading SR. It was nice to be totally present with my son instead of worrying about drinking and having to put him to bed with a hazzy fog. Now I won't be hungover tomorrow and can continue to build on my numbers. I have been eating fruits and making smoothies in AM. It is a nice way to get healthy. So good. Have a good night.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:29 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I had a few classic triggers line up today. Another 11 hour day, dogs running out of food, rough work week, no early meetings tomorrow. But I chose my health, my wife, my family, and you guys tonight. Tomorrow is day 5.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:44 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Tired this evening. Drinking lots of water and lime (again) ...
I am thinking about the act of drinking and how it consumes me sometimes. How I want to escape so badly.
I'm frightened to drink though. It's not good for me. I know it's madness.
I want to be sober not drunk. There's nothing left for me as a drunk. Nothing there. I won't drink tonight.
Thoughts for all.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:46 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

stay with us guys

D
Old 03-01-2017, 11:04 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Why is Day 3 so much harder than Day 2???? I thought it was supposed to get better every day 😩. Hit the 48-hour mark at 730p. It's now 2am, can't sleep, lightheaded, arms feel all floppy and legs tingling - anxiety maybe? I just need this to pass ASAP!! 😭
Old 03-01-2017, 11:11 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you're like me you drank for years - it takes a little time for mind and body to recuperate.

It can be a little bit difficult for the first couple of weeks BabyBlues - but you're not alone in this -

use the support here and you'll get through - and things will inevitably get better. I promise
Old 03-01-2017, 11:28 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hay BB2 - your doing great, I found the 1st week he hardest
Stick with it it gets better
I'm knackered today's and ache all over- think it's from the gym Tuesday and I'm back there again tonight
Oh well it's better than a hangover
Take care every one
Old 03-02-2017, 04:10 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! I hope you all have a great sober day. Day 20! This Friday will be my third sober Friday in a row. Not meaning to boast, I'm just so amazed. I wasn't able to put more than a couple of days together for such a long time.
Today will be a good day. I hope it is for everyone else, too. I have to stop at the store on the way to work to get garden supplies for my garden group that starts today, so I'd best run along.
Going to my 5:30 meeting after work, even if I'm super tired. I say that here so that this evening when I tell myself I'm too tired, I'll have a reason to go anyway. Because I said I would. It helps!
Old 03-02-2017, 04:17 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I've woken in the middle of the night and just feed the cats.
I'm tremendously grateful to be sober and complete this small act well.

4th weekend coming up. Awesome. I'm not drinking - it's awful.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:21 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Meow

Originally Posted by Trees39 View Post
I've woken in the middle of the night and just feed the cats.
I'm tremendously grateful to be sober and complete this small act well.

4th weekend coming up. Awesome. I'm not drinking - it's awful.
Cats love to eat, Trees! I know from experience.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:38 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Anyone have any problems with itching? I have a little night sweat action and definitely toss and turn, but night 3 & 4 saw me itching.

Could be the OTC sleep aid I am taking. Just thought I would ask.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:58 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi no experience of that sorry can't help
Old 03-02-2017, 10:03 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Going the gym again in half an hour
Knackered doing month end at work
Feel like getting in to bed with a hot chocolate - which is so much better than how i felt earlier in the week
Just shows you - but I can't be fooled now / each day is different / have to take each day as it comes- I never really really knew the true meaning of that saying until now
Take care my lovely February group
Old 03-02-2017, 12:08 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

You folk hang in there and stay with us. Its hard I know. Believe me. I know! But you will see the light at the end of the tunnel at some point. Just stick with it. Its a whole lot better than the alternative.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:28 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Meow

Originally Posted by axeman5971 View Post
Anyone have any problems with itching? I have a little night sweat action and definitely toss and turn, but night 3 & 4 saw me itching.

Could be the OTC sleep aid I am taking. Just thought I would ask.
No itching problems, beyond my usual allergies. Could you be having an jnrelated allergic reaction to something?