Notices

On My Way # 5

Old 05-15-2017, 12:45 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
I remember visiting our kids in college; they, their roomates and buddies were so grateful for a meal on the town!!

It was so much fun!!!!
All that excitement was compounded, for them, too, by the fact that the meal was free
Old 05-15-2017, 12:50 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Aaaah, all good
It is SL. Both kids are travelling fine paths.
Old 05-15-2017, 12:51 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gonnachange View Post
It is SL. Both kids are travelling fine paths.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:34 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

The day started with a 1.5 mile round trip walk to meet a friend for breakfast. After that I went on a 2 mile run; no Garmin so no pace data.

Dinner tonight is going to be poached cod fillets with a lemon butter sauce that will be accompanied by corn with basil pesto.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:47 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

My plan was to wake up early and run before it got too hot, but life got in the way and by the time I was ready it was 85F/30C so I went to the gym to run inside.

I won't be cooking dinner tonight because it's my birthday and I'm going out with my wife, daughter, and her boyfriend who coincidentally is coming here today. I will be doing some cooking this afternoon because I'll be smoking a boneless turkey breast.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:01 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

My plan was to wake up early and run before it got too hot, but life got in the way and by the time I was ready it was 85F/30C so I went to the gym to run inside.

I won't be cooking dinner tonight because it's my birthday and I'm going out with my wife, daughter, and her boyfriend who coincidentally is coming here today. I will be doing some cooking this afternoon because I'll be smoking a boneless turkey breast.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:02 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Have a lovely time, GC.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:20 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Have a lovely time, GC.
Thank you for your good wishes.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:56 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Today is a planned rest day so nothing to write about on the exercise front.

In other news my son finished his last undergraduate final this morning.

No cooking for me tonight because a buddy of mine is taking me out.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:59 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Today is a planned rest day so nothing to write about on the exercise front.

In other news my son finished his last undergraduate final this morning.

No cooking for me tonight because a buddy of mine is taking me out.
A very good day there, GC.

Congrats to your son
Old 05-19-2017, 01:00 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

A very good day there, GC.

Congrats to your son
Yes, SL all is good. I normally am not a fan of rest days even though I know they're important, but I need this one and am confident it will put me in a good position to kick butt tomorrow AM at the gym.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:28 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Yes, SL all is good. I normally am not a fan of rest days even though I know they're important, but I need this one and am confident it will put me in a good position to kick butt tomorrow AM at the gym.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:43 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

GC, I noticed your thread and am glad I decided to drop in so that I can wish you a happy birthday! I hope you enjoy a fantastic meal this evening with your buddy.

It's wonderful that your son has that achievement under his belt and it would seem that he's preparing himself for a nice future. Absolutely something that would make any dad grateful. Congratulations.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:44 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
GC, I noticed your thread and am glad I decided to drop in so that I can wish you a happy birthday! I hope you enjoy a fantastic meal this evening with your buddy.

It's wonderful that your son has that achievement under his belt and it would seem that he's preparing himself for a nice future. Absolutely something that would make any dad grateful. Congratulations.
And Mom
Old 05-19-2017, 01:45 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Hi, Mark
Old 05-19-2017, 01:54 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Hi Leigh,

Nice to run into you here in GC's thread. He's quite the inspirational fellow in a fitness thread I follow.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:15 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Hi Leigh,

Nice to run into you here in GC's thread. He's quite the inspirational fellow in a fitness thread I follow.
He's inspirational here, too.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:43 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Mark and SL, thanks for stopping by and for your kind words. Regarding my son, I'm certainly proud of his accomplishment and know that this will be a stepping stone toward him achieving what he wants as he moves to the next phase of his life. Right now that means working and then going to graduate school.

Mark, I had a very nice dinner on my b'day and last night with my friend was also a very pleasant time. I live in a foodie town that is known as a regional arts and restaurant destination and we went to a place that opened about a month ago. Along with the friend I went out with last night, our wives were with us on the venue's opening night. The food was very good, but the service was horrible and the owner, a veteran restaurateur, gave us our entire meal for free. Based on last night, the establishment has worked out the wait staff, kitchen staff, and bar staff kinks and the service was excellent and the food was on par with our first visit. The downside is that we had to pay for our meals.

I had just a so so workout this morning, but it's done and I feel good about that. The afternoon will be filled with "house stuff" and tonight we're going to a fundraiser dance with dear daughter and her boyfriend so I'll get some "bonus" exercise shuffling around the dance floor.

Dinner tonight is going to be grilled chicken leg quarters, roasted beets, and baked sweet potatoes.
Old 05-21-2017, 08:30 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Last night's fund raiser dance was a lot of fun and given the amount of time spent on the floor shuffling around I was glad that this morning's gym session was not leg dominant. My plan is to rest for a little while and then go on a short run. The afternoon will likely include a few miles of walking the dog, but aside from that both my backyard deck rocking chair and my hammock are calling my name and I will appease them.

Dinner tonight is undecided.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:02 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Yesterday afternoon I got my run done as well as the walk with my wife and dog.

Dinner last night was shrimp and grits with a side salad consisting of romaine lettuce, grape tomatoes, seedless cucumbers, and a combo of black and green olives.

I had a tough upper body workout this morning; the last exercise in the circuit was pushups and on the third circuit I needed to bang out 10. No problem, right? Wrong. 5,3,2 is not exactly impressive, but at least I didn't fall flat on my face. After 3 gym days I'm glad I won't be lifting tomorrow.

Dinner tonight is going to be pork loin roast stuffed with sautéed spinach, onion, and garlic. I'm not sure what the side dish will be.