Notices

On My Way # 5

Old 02-11-2017, 03:00 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Not much to update. I walked a few miles with my wife and dog this afternoon. Tonight will be as expected; rib eye steaks grilled on my kamodo grill with a little mesquite thrown in for good measure and the side is going to be roasted Brussels sprouts. Then a fire and music.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:51 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

My wife and I attended our usual Sunday morning strength and stamina class. This class is supposed to be easier than the one we take on Saturdays, and it was, but it was far from easy and I was pretty gassed at the end.

No cooking tonight since we're meeting a couple of my cousins and my sister for dinner.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:25 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I didn't feel as if I much in my tank, but wound up having an excellent workout. Just shows you.

2 warm up rounds of:

30 jumping jacks
20 squats
10 push ups

3 rounds of:

Kb squats
Kb reverse lunges
Db bench presses
Bb skull crushers
Narrow grip lat pulldowns
Push ups
Seated bench rows
Ab wheel rollouts

Dinner tonight is going to be meatloaf with a to be determined vegetable on the side.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:45 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

, GC
Old 02-13-2017, 01:46 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Oh, and dinner sounds delicious, too!
Old 02-13-2017, 01:58 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
, GC
Thanks SL. I wouldn't go as far as to write that there's no correlation between how one feels pre-workout and the subsequent performance, but experience has shown me that it's a lot looser than 100% and this morning it worked in my favor. Lots of trepidation before I started yet once I got going things just fell into place.

Today/Tonight

I just found out that a person who was instrumental in my son attaining his Eagle Scout passed away. The funeral is Wednesday morning and I'm planning on going.

A very good friend of mine is having major surgery that day and when I'm finished here I'm going to call him and his wife because I'm sure tomorrow is going to be crazy for them. He's projected to be in the hospital for 5-6 days and we plan on visiting him, if he's up for it, on Saturday.

On a MUCH lighter note I've finalized my red (ish) dinner menu for tomorrow.

Baked lobster tails
Roasted beets
Egg noodles with Old Bay seasoning mixed into the dough.

Strawberries
Old 02-13-2017, 01:59 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Oh, and dinner sounds delicious, too!
Thanks. I was typing when you posted. Tasty and not too difficult. In my previous post I wrote what the menu for tomorrow's Valentine's Day dinner will be.
Old 02-13-2017, 02:03 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gonnachange View Post
Thanks SL. I wouldn't go as far as to write that there's no correlation between how one feels pre-workout and the subsequent performance, but experience has shown me that it's a lot looser than 100% and this morning it worked in my favor. Lots of trepidation before I started yet once I got going things just fell into place.

Today/Tonight

I just found out that a person who was instrumental in my son attaining his Eagle Scout passed away. The funeral is Wednesday morning and I'm planning on going.

A very good friend of mine is having major surgery that day and when I'm finished here I'm going to call him and his wife because I'm sure tomorrow is going to be crazy for them. He's projected to be in the hospital for 5-6 days and we plan on visiting him, if he's up for it, on Saturday.

Baked lobster tails
Roasted beets

Strawberries
A very fine 'red' dinner in store, GC.
Old 02-13-2017, 02:05 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Today/Tonight

Baked lobster tails
Roasted beets

Strawberries
Very sorry to hear about the death of your son's mentor, GC.

Offering prayers that your friend's surgery goes well and that he has a full recovery!
Old 02-13-2017, 02:09 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

A very fine 'red' dinner in store, GC.
Very sorry to hear about the death of your son's mentor, GC.

Offering prayers that your friend's surgery goes well and that he has a full recovery!
Quite the odd week with ups and downs. A fine evening with my wife, cousins, and sister last night. Tomorrow a nice dinner at home with my wife and daughter, and then Wednesday.

Thank you for you thoughts.
Old 02-13-2017, 02:16 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

An odd week, indeed, GC.
Old 02-13-2017, 02:36 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

An odd week, indeed, GC.
Indeed! Beyond what I already wrote we have a high note ahead of us on Sunday. My FIL turned 85 last week, my MIL will turn 80 next month, and my youngest BIL turns 50 next Monday so on Sunday we've arranged for a private room in a restaurant that my inlaws like and with the exception of two college kids who can't make the party the whole family will be together for a fun afternoon.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:39 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I'm purposely making today an active rest day; I'm going to limit myself to walking and maybe some pushups.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:42 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Indeed! Beyond what I already wrote we have a high note ahead of us on Sunday. My FIL turned 85 last week, my MIL will turn 80 next month, and my youngest BIL turns 50 next Monday so on Sunday we've arranged for a private room in a restaurant that my inlaws like and with the exception of two college kids who can't make the party the whole family will be together for a fun afternoon.
Sounds like a wonderful celebration all 'round. Enjoy, GC!
Old 02-14-2017, 08:42 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I'm purposely making today an active rest day; I'm going to limit myself to walking and maybe some pushups.
Good plan, GC!
Old 02-14-2017, 09:52 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Sounds like a wonderful celebration all 'round. Enjoy, GC!
Yeah, it's nice to get together for celebrations.

Good plan, GC!
Thanks; it's not my favorite thing to do, but I know that sometimes it's necessary.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:33 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Exercise for the day is going to be a strength and stamina class at 6:30 tonight.

Before I leave for the gym I'm going to prepare breaded chicken leg quarters and instruct my wife to turn on the oven so the dish will be ready when I come home. I'm also going to cut up a salad.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:19 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

It's going to be a very low key exercise day. I've walked about 3 miles so far with another couple to go and that may be the extent of what I do today.

Dinner tonight is going to be pork stir fry served over rice.

Just like a few months ago we are watching our neighbor's 13 year old daughter until Sunday because our neighbor's father fell again, whacked his head, and wound up in the hospital. Our neighbor's brother spent the past week there and while the father has been released from the hospital he essentially needs 24 hour care in his house, so until suitable arrangements can be made his kids are taking turns being with him. Obviously not a sustainable situation yet the good news is that the father finally agreed that he has to move from the house he's been in for almost 60 years. Doing everything that needs to be done to make the house saleable and physically move the contents of the dwelling is going to take many months and I'm not sure if the family has nailed down a plan for that.

Guess who will be making breakfast and a brown bag lunch tomorrow AM.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:55 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I did 5 sets of 5 reps of LIGHT squats and deads this morning.

I'm not sure what's going on for dinner tonight. My son is coming home today so that he can attend a party we're throwing on Sunday for my inlaws and he wants to go out with my daughter. My daughter invited me and my wife which also means bringing along our neighbor. My wWife is going to want to go to the gym which means we won't be at the restaurant until after 8. I'm thinking if my kids want to go out they should and I'll cook dinner for me, my wife, and our neighbor. I'm also factoring in that tomorrow afternoon we're likely going to be visiting a friend who had major surgery and is still in the hospital so it may be more expedient to go out to dinner tomorrow night. Lots of moving parts, but not exactly heavy weight decisions.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:51 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

My wife and I were at the gym at 9 this morning for a tough class that was harder for me than it should have been due to a low energy level. I'm not sure why; I was properly fueled and had a good night's sleep. Whatever, I'll be back at it tomorrow.

Dinner last night was a rump roast that I cooked in my Kamodo grill with some mesquite wood thrown into the mix and twice baked potatoes. Nothing's been decided about tonight's dinner.