Notices

One Year & Over Part 45

Old 12-24-2016, 04:24 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas and Blessings in the New Year wished for all!

Wonderful to have your own place IP. Looks inviting!
Old 12-24-2016, 04:42 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Have a pleasant drive, FBL!
Old 12-24-2016, 04:42 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Have a lovely Christmas or whatever to all
Old 12-24-2016, 05:14 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

wow manz, weeman has grown!

tootsy, we have a big new years eve gig come'n up

i know not everyone here is an A.A.er, though for those that are

Twas the night before Christmas, we were all in the club,
Enjoying a meeting, instead of the pub.
The ashtrays were clean, and the coffee was made,
The Big Books were out and we all had prayed.
When out in the lot, there arose such a clatter,
We all jumped up to see what was the matter.
The Chair with his Big Book, and I with my smokes,
Headed outside to find these two blokes.
They came on inside and sat at the table;
And said that they'd chair, as soon as they're able.
To start with, they said, "It's more than not drinking;
It's doing your best to fix your sick thinking."
"Think, Think, Think!" and the slogans we used,
Help keep the newcomer from getting confused.
Step 1 is a start, they said we should know,
But after Step 2, we'll be all aglow.
We make a decision when we got to Step 3;
Step 4 was real tough, we all could agree.
Step 5 is the one where we let it all out,
And after Steps 6 and 7, we're left with no doubt.
When we got to Step 8, we made our list;
And then with Step 9, we have to persist.
After Step 9, the promises ring true;
We didn't just make that up, right out of the blue.
After that, it's on with the rest;
The things we must do, to be our best.
They put on their coats and got ready to leave;
A pretty good end, for this Christmas Eve.
As to their names, we only could guess;
Must have been Bill W. and Dr. Bob S.
The two men hopped into a '35 Ford,
And as they pulled out, one of them roared:
"We leave this message, for our sisters & brothers:
trust God, clean house, and be of service to others.
And for all of you people, I just want to say:
have a nice holiday, but don't drink today!"
Today I know that the light at the end of the tunnel is an old-timer
walking ahead of me with a lantern

Today I know that the light at the end of the tunnel is an old-timer
walking ahead of me with a lantern

So Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Sober Good Night
Old 12-24-2016, 06:26 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi Overs!

Singing my you-know-what off as usual this time of year. Dress rehearsal this AM for the big show and a smaller gig (a trio) earlier in evening. At least my least favorite singer is not around anymore (he got sideways with too many). Plus cooking for Christmas dinner in between. No time to drink!

Despite the temptation of spiked eggnog, still sober since 11/1

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah
Old 12-24-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Happy Christmas Eve! I have so much to do today!
Be safe and warm wherever you are.
Old 12-24-2016, 10:58 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Do your best

Youl do great Drake

Merry christmas to you both Drake & IP
Old 12-24-2016, 03:21 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening everyone I do hope everyone is ok & well were rewatching stranger things as I didn't watch it properly first time round

Merry Christmas to everyone x
Old 12-24-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a great Xmas everyone

D
Old 12-24-2016, 03:53 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Old 12-24-2016, 04:22 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

beautiful Overs. ♥
Old 12-24-2016, 06:26 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Nice place IP! I think you are getting it with relax.

Hope the drive went fine FBL and mom and siblings doing well.

Kris,
My near vision seems to be improving so maybe it will just take some time. My vision for computer reading and everything was perfect and for TV and driving I used my glasses and they were great. I was so used to looking under my glasses, or over, that I forgot a couple of times and was trying to look under my reading glasses when they were correcting the problem. I think the biggest PITA about this is the changing habits long developed on automatically reaching for glasses when before I took them off. I bought a pair of $1 cheap plastic 1.5X reading glasses at Dollar Tree, as they will be temporary one way or the other. Oh, the other thing is you can't lift over ten pounds or bend over, pretty much anything that would cause increased pressure on the old eye balls. The actual surgery is less stressful than a flu shot as far as worry on my part. And not rubbing my eyes has been a vigilance thing.

See nothing is hurting and it is easy to forget, Thus my combining the back and the eye surgeries in the same recovery periods with no bending, lifting or straining, and being extra careful in getting into and out of chairs, beds, and cars.

Suze! Hugs and back to ya!

Toots,
Good advice as usual.

RZ,
While not an active member of AA anymore, I still got a kick out of the night before Christmas parody.

Michael,
It's been months since I saw you last!

********{Petals**********,
We're always here for each other. Good to see you.

Star,
Great post and I agree for me too. Glad you are here to make the spirit a bit brighter year round.

Drake!
Glad you are chiming in here. Break a leg!

Wolf,
I can explain MITHC later as I am getting into it and am surprised at the turns. Lots of folks did not like OA and that surprised me. They ended the first season like KOThrones did their sixth and now "not last" season, and got a lot of the same kinds of responses. We'll get together on it later.

Manz,
I am surprised at how fast time has flown and wee man isn't anymore. You have grown in sober stature kiddo and few really know the extent of your achievements.

Andy if all come and go you are here every day to bring a welcome hello, and bright spirit too.

Gil!
I'm still as busy as a one armed paper hanger with a case of the crabs! Saving your email to give my full attention, thanks!

Dee,
You have a good Christmas and a wonderful dinner whenever you have it. You are in friendship a keeper. Thanks for being in my life.

That goes for the rest of you *****s here too.

If I missed ya sorry, getting to be time for a little dinner and TV with my wife and pup, and to appreciate how wonderful our life is.

I am reading about all the folks I think of as older than me like Carrie Fisher who just almost died from a heart attack, and find I am 4 years older than she! Sheesh! We four ( Me and my Significant Harassment, and her brother and his wife) are gathering at my FIL's empty house that we are cleaning up and getting ready to sell. We are doing a ham for this Christmas and are not inviting anyone else. Sis In Law is out of the hospital from a nervous breakdown, and I am quite frankly ready to move to colder climes. It was 76 degrees here today! It pretty much stays that way until Thursday.

I bought a Bose SoundLink Mini II From a young man that had no money for Christmas, he felt it was not a great deal because he thought the Kindle Paperwhite with case in the box was a tablet. I normally would have told him that he should not have made the deal then. But being Christmas I decided to take another tack and told him to bring the money and the kindle back. He told me he spent the money and I said OK come by and let me give you a gift. I am not rich but I did get a box of stocking stuffers for all the delivery folks, new pocket knives and filet knives with case, and made up a box for him and his kids and gave him 2 bucks boot money.

I like the kid (37 but looks 25) and since I had to fire the last person I tried to hire to get my leaves and yardwork done for me, I asked him if he had a job and he said yes, he owned his own business with his brother and did lawn maintenance and labor???? So I try to be kind and it comes back to whack me in the head with payback even better! He will be back Monday to get started. I also had my Cable company overcharge me again and called them up and got a woman named Jamie who ewes very polite.

I told her that I was angry with the company not her and asked her if she would accept my apology for not being as friendly as I usually am, and she sounded like she was going to cry for a moment. I asked her if all the customers calling billing were hard cases and she said yes and today her first call was to set the tone of rude customers. I asked her how she does it and she said it pays the bills, so she hangs in there.

What a nice person in search of a phone hug so I asked her to please have a wonderful time tonight and know that one customer was warmed by her kindness, me, today. I have been on the defensive with the family drama for so long I was losing my balance.

I need to get back out of my shell and get out of myself. There are people in the RW I can help with a random act of kindness, and a little generosity in spirit. I usually do that year round. This year it was beating off two combative addicts who we thought could use a fresh start and took advantage that skewed my perspective.

I think I would rather make a few mistakes in kindness than become a "Bah humbug!" type in life. I have a lot to offer the world yet, and intend to stop getting ready and start getting busy as I did today daily.

Merry CHristmas to the folks down under!

And to those up North too!

Old 12-24-2016, 07:34 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

IP - What a nice looking apartment. I am glad to see how much you're enjoying your new home, and that you're searching for enjoyable sober activities.

Manz - I think transitions expose people to a ton of stress - even good transitions.

Itch - I work in a call center. Being a customer service rep is demanding work, and people who would take the time to connect and say thank you make everyone's day a little bit nicer.

Petals - It's nice to see you. How are you? I hope we provide you the support you need.

Drake - Great job on keeping clean and sober. I'm glad that snooty singer who thinks he's the best isn't there to threaten the refuge you find in choir.

Fbl - Safe travels!

Mags - I'm glad your doctors appointment went well. Enjoy your time off from work.

Saskia - Clueless people are everywhere: work, school, families - and OFHes! I used to hold on to every detail that people did to tick me off so, so tightly. I feel fortunate to have learned some tools to be able just let it go.

Today Ive already hosted and cleaned up from a Christmas Eve gathering with my family. I'm getting ready to enjoy my sober ritual of putting the kids gifts under the tree and watching Midnight Mass on TV.

Happy Holidays Overs!
Old 12-24-2016, 07:49 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just a quiet one this yearItch - Roast lamb, veges, and hanging with Mrs Dee
Hope everyone has a great day
D
Old 12-24-2016, 10:56 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Magsie

Merry Christmas overs

And safe journeys for all who are travelling.

A quiet one for me and hubby today. A walk around Normanby Park then lunch and Doctor Who! Yay.

Old 12-25-2016, 01:47 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good Christmas morning Overs.

We've opened presents here and had breakfast, off to the in-laws soon.

Have a fun day everyone.
Old 12-25-2016, 02:39 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Do your best

Happy Christmas Everyone x

Were waiting on my niece & brother as my brother wants to drop off presents & my niece has to collect hers as she got them sent to our address then were heading to mrs sw family for dinner & then were coming back home
Old 12-25-2016, 04:33 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Good Christmas Morning!

Itchy, hope time heals all.

Scatter kindness always. Well, at least try.

We're off to church this morning.

Then a quiet day.

Love to everyone.
Old 12-25-2016, 05:01 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas!

Today's agenda is a lovely holiday brunch followed by a not too cold walk on a quiet beach with a good friend. Great way to spend the holiday :-)
Old 12-25-2016, 05:05 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Enjoying a cup of coffee before the festivities begin. Tired from a grueling work week but happily not hungover for my second consecutive Christmas.

Merry Christmas everyone!