Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 22

Old 12-31-2016, 03:05 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

And no real agenda turned into picking up a lunch shift. I had energy, it was available and I thought what the heck. Good call. And I get to see my love tonight after all (teenager got squared away).

What a wonderful year. Real life. Just pleased and peaceful tonight.

Happy evening to all-
A
Old 12-31-2016, 05:06 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2016, 05:34 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Old 12-31-2016, 05:50 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Happy new year!
Old 12-31-2016, 09:37 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Happy New Year, all!!

Best to all of us in 2017.

A
Old 01-01-2017, 02:19 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Happy New Year to everyone! We have come so far--so proud of us! I think 2017 can only hold further growth, awareness, and new challenges and experiences that will see our efforts in 2016 well worth it!
Best!
Lee
Old 01-01-2017, 02:25 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Happy New Year to everyone. I know I don't post much, but I read lots.

Today marks 11 months of sobriety for me and I am so humbled and grateful for that.

I wish you all the best for 2017. ❤️
Old 01-01-2017, 05:07 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

YAY, Jeni!! I saw your other thread. Well done, friend.

Another happy new year morning greeting from me. What a wonderful night last night- just being in each other's company. The fact that he brought gifts of jewelry (that I love, from a designer I love) was, like, a tiny footnote. My gratitude for this man abounds. Second only to my gratitude for sobriety and God.

Anyway, long day ahead. Focusing just on that (because two more follow!!), and that I will work to contribute to a festiveness at work that we had yesterday. Knowing some will be hungover etc (coworkers and customers, all!), I will just be happy, joyous and free.

So much for us all to look forward to in 2017.

Happy New Year in both senses, all- even if not a sober anniversary of any kind, technically, it is one in just today.
A
Old 01-01-2017, 02:23 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Congrats on 11 months Jeni!
Old 01-03-2017, 03:56 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Happy New Year! Let us keep reaping the benefits while managing the struggle that naturally comes with life, not forgetting to come to SR and report all.

What we are doing here proves humans CAN change. In this New Year of 2017, may this positive thought inspire us to change in yet further ways, towards dreams that seemed not even possible to consider under the crushing weight of an alcohol handicap.

Thank you all!
Old 01-03-2017, 04:15 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Holy h*ll what a long two days. Profitable but sheesh, I was just DONE by the end last night. I am really grateful for the past two weeks money wise (note to self: remember this when fearful again)....and I am also kinda glad that people are going back to work and there will be calmer days. And that I have some savings habits now!

Santa also came again last night- my mom came here from the beach for a few days and left all my presents. Savoring to open them tonight when Cliff is here. Discipline, y'all

Happy Tues everyone-
A
Old 01-03-2017, 02:22 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Jeni
lets have a great year guys

D
Old 01-03-2017, 09:34 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Congrats on 11 months, Jeni!!!
Old 01-03-2017, 09:38 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Where is OT?
Old 01-03-2017, 09:56 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

She posted just above you OOTT.

Happy Sober early Wednesday (US-wise) to everyone. My last day of vacation. Kind of odd to go back to school on a Thursday, but we missed those hurricane days so we have to make them up. It will be a cool way to ease into 2017 though, with just a Thur-Fri then a weekend.

Things are going well here. I am much better, just still tired. Ready to get back to work though. Work is good for the soul. I wish we just hadn't gotten out so late before Christmas--made the holiday seem to go by much faster.

Not much else going on, everything is good!
Lee
Old 01-04-2017, 03:06 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Checking in! Hope the new year is going well for everyone! Started stretching twice a day. Hope it will then translate to working out again. For now, its a great start to help relieve stress and help recover from all the muscles I use daily cutting fabric, being on my feet most of the time, etc. Congrats Jeni!!!
Old 01-04-2017, 04:54 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

PHRD- aggghh. I need to get back into stretching daily. I am not a naturally limber person and was good about having that on my daily to do list for awhile....it takes minimal time....thanks for the reminder.

Lee- have a great day tomorrow! Cliff goes back to work tomorrow too. To me, seems like y'all have been on vacation a very long time

My mom is so funny sometimes- last night I get a text "Snow predicted for Fri and Sat. Maybe UBER to work?" In the past I might have laughed back or just dismissed it, but Cliff encouraged me to craft a more appreciative response. It was funny in several ways, not the least being that if we "get snow" it will likely be a minor dusting

DAY OFF. Home group lunch meeting and possibly mall for gift returns. Making myself pizza with fresh mozz and fresh basil for dinner.

Have a wonderful day all-
A
Old 01-04-2017, 02:09 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Where is OT?
Still here! I've been ghosting a little bit, going back to college after the holidays is always rough. So tired.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:42 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Morning all. Good meeting to start my day.

Less shifts this coming week but lots of other stuff planned. Like meeting the kids on Sat night.

Good stuff going on here- except maybe everyone freaking out about possible snow tomorrow and Sat. Atlantans are ridiculous about such!!

Happy day to all-
A
Old 01-06-2017, 12:19 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Happy sober Friday, all!

Starting back to school after the holidays on a Thursday was.....weird. But good, in that today is Friday, so we "really" start back on Monday.

I think 2017 is going to be a great year. Lots of decisions to make, namely whether or not I am going to go back to school. It is looking more and more like I will be accepted into at least 2 of my 3 schools, but the cost is amazing, and beyond school costs are the ones that are currently disturbing/dissuading me: The cost of living. Each program is 3 years long and even if I get full scholarships it is many thousands of dollars a year for car, health insurance, etc etc. I have worked 20 long years to build up my pension and it could evaporate very quickly and I could be starting all over at 48......maybe I love my job more than I thought. Anyway, I have a new mindset: it is, as Badger put it, about having options.

I think a big part of me after becoming sober has been the need to feel validated and getting into school and the thought of a new career has been exhilarating. But with no parents and nobody to fall back on, I have to live life very carefully, and I am just at the point in my teaching career where I'm making a decent living....never be rich, but pretty stress free. And I could retire at 54 which is almost unheard of in today's world.....but.....one step at a time...first step is to see if I get accepted, second is to see what they are able to offer, and then the third is to determine its tenable. This is my time to shine during these interviews and just see what is to be....I have to make no decisions until April 15th, and by that time I will have even more sobriety under my belt--a full three months, and we all know we can ALL change a lot in 3 months.

I like that I am being "cautious"..This is new for me....before I would just go for it and "worry about it later"...that's not who I am now.

Have a great Friday everyone. 312 days sober here. 53 more until the big ONE YEAR!!!

Best,
Lee