Class of February 2016 Part 22

Old 12-29-2016, 05:07 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Administrator

geez! still 7 months to go Badgerden!

D
Old 12-29-2016, 05:09 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I find it really interesting now that everyone talks about how close Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher were- their relationship was INCREDIBLY complicated. I did have Wishful Drinking on my list of bios/autobios to read for awhile now - imagine book sales of that and her new book have already gone through the roof.

OOTT- thought of you tonight at the meeting I went to - it is not one I normally attend and I was struggling to get anything out of all the ramblers. I was going to cut out and thought I'd give it a little more time....and someone finally spoke and mentioned that his sponsor had told him early on that he could keep his pink cloud if he worked to live his best life and stuck to his program. Just what you and I both contributed to that thread today! I think it is so true. Pink has always been my fave color, my latest blog (that I started on 6 mo sober date, coincidentally) has it in the name (I think it is ok if I say it is titled something like *a life filled with pink* (dot) wordpress (dot) com - Dee will know if I am not supposed to even say that much....)......and I just believe that my sponsor was right when she told me that I can think of the pink cloud as the best part of my sober life, and have it as my goal for living in as much of the time as possible.

We are doing another 5K in Jan! It is the Hot Chocolate 15K/5K and I am pretty sure the chocolate part was the attraction for him. Can't believe that's in just a few weeks, and then it will be Feb and then....

Happy eves all - take care of yourselves-
A
Old 12-29-2016, 05:56 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
geez! still 7 months to go Badgerden!

D
My point exactly. That attitude will change. You will wish you got there sooner after having arrived. It's really not that bad Dee.
Old 12-29-2016, 06:29 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hey Dee, happy birthday , old man.
Old 12-29-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
I find it really interesting now that everyone talks about how close Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher were- their relationship was INCREDIBLY complicated. I did have Wishful Drinking on my list of bios/autobios to read for awhile now - imagine book sales of that and her new book have already gone through the roof.

OOTT- thought of you tonight at the meeting I went to - it is not one I normally attend and I was struggling to get anything out of all the ramblers. I was going to cut out and thought I'd give it a little more time....and someone finally spoke and mentioned that his sponsor had told him early on that he could keep his pink cloud if he worked to live his best life and stuck to his program. Just what you and I both contributed to that thread today! I think it is so true. Pink has always been my fave color, my latest blog (that I started on 6 mo sober date, coincidentally) has it in the name (I think it is ok if I say it is titled something like *a life filled with pink* (dot) wordpress (dot) com - Dee will know if I am not supposed to even say that much....)......and I just believe that my sponsor was right when she told me that I can think of the pink cloud as the best part of my sober life, and have it as my goal for living in as much of the time as possible.

We are doing another 5K in Jan! It is the Hot Chocolate 15K/5K and I am pretty sure the chocolate part was the attraction for him. Can't believe that's in just a few weeks, and then it will be Feb and then....

Happy eves all - take care of yourselves-
A
It's true August, about the pink cloud. I waited for the other shoe to drop, but it hasn't. I think that keeping busy, keeping positive, and not falling into old habits, and having a Recovery Plan, like Dee's always on about, are the keys to keeping in the pink. I mean, I have my moments. Right now my beloved cat is suffering, so I'm broken up about that, but I'm stronger than ever. Thank god I'm sober and able to care for him.
Old 12-29-2016, 06:36 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

What's this about Badgergeddon? Is this something we should be worried about?
Old 12-30-2016, 12:00 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I think if we really look at the term "pink cloud" in the therapeutic sense, it is a heightened feeling of happiness in early recovery that puts some at risk for relapse. I think we are all beyond that now. I think, almost a year in, that what we are feeling is very REAL and tangible. We've worked for it....we have all fought HARD. To me, this great feeling is the feeling of a great deal of personal work and growth......and it does tend to last, even with life's ups and downs. The danger is when one feels manically happy and begins to think alcoholically again.....I think we are DONE with that. With that, life is life. And for the most part, a sober life, though different, is SO much better than a life of wasted years and shoulda-coulda-wouldas.......Happy New Year everyone. 2017 is going to be everything we want it to be. As I say it, and it is a kind of oxymoron, "Sobriety is a GIFT that has to be EARNED" We've earned it, and now we're reaping the rewards......

Be good!
Lee
Old 12-30-2016, 02:25 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

^Well said, Lee (per usual!)!! And...we want to KEEP it. So we keep working - and it has begun to feel normal.

Up stupid early. Only working lunch so aiming for no nappy today. I managed not to yesterday afternoon and just went to bed early. Fingers crossed it will be busy like Wed on this probable last day of people's vacays. Hoping NYD will be reasonable- imagining only a pop between 2-4 when people wake up and realize they better throw scrubs on and get to us before the bloody mary bar ends Not that I ever would have done such.

Just keeping that peaceful feeling this week- realized it has been with me since last Fri is pretty cool. I read yesterday- I think in Richard Rohr meditation- that concentrating on a good "something" (event, interaction, etc) for 15 sec cements that memory and feeling into your mind. That makes it sound totally do-able to retain things that really feed our hearts and minds, for later (and ongoing!) "use."

Haven't shared a QOTD in awhile so...
"Peace: it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart." - unknown (and on one of those square quotables cards I love so much)

Laters friends-
A
Old 12-30-2016, 03:24 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Well, have been wandering around. Joined SR in June. Part of COM-16, as it fitted with all the b-s that was in my head a year ago, Feb '17 will see me 12 months sober. So will pass by and (as have been doing) see how youse guys are doing. Yes I agree- a bloody hard year. I did not get a pink cloud- mine was more a force 5 hurricane.
Old 12-30-2016, 05:25 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

I never want a drink any more. This circumstance makes it easier to enjoy the holidays (not to mention easier to live life in general).

I wish everyone a very good start to 2017. I will continue to check into SR after the New Year. Thank you, thank you--thank you all!
Old 12-30-2016, 05:34 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Bump
Old 12-30-2016, 10:36 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Badgergeddon is real!!

Last edited by Dee74; 12-30-2016 at 11:35 PM.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:39 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Charlie my cat is doing much better tonight. He is able to move around a little bit more. I'm very happy. A great end to 2016, the Bestest. Year. Ever.
Old 12-30-2016, 11:36 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had to remove the video as it doesn't fit our worksafe and PG rules OOTT.
Anyone interested just Google Badgergeddon and You Tube.

D
Old 12-31-2016, 01:43 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

And so it is New Year's Eve....well isn't that special, lol.

What a GREAT year. One of the most growthful of my life. It has had its downs, for sure, but overall it was a great year for me, and a year in which I fully committed to claiming my life as MINE and doing something to change years' worth of a really bad problem that was leading me to nowhere good....As I reflect there are soooo many things to be grateful for that it is almost impossible to enumerate them all....but I am overall grateful for my sobriety and the inner strength I mustered to achieve it, and also for all of my Fort Feb Friends who have been there for me and the amazing Sir Dee.....

2017 will be a HUGE year for me....a lot of unknowns....will I go back to school and start a completely new life this year, after teaching for 21 years? Perhaps. The applications are in. This has consumed me, and for the next three months I need to just let it be...I will hear from all universities by March 15th and then have to make an in-writing decision by April 15th...many factors have to be evaluated, but for now I need rest from the tug-o-war in my brain.....As Badger has said to me numerous times, I'm only setting myself up with options, and, best as I see it, options are a GREAT thing.......

I also want to reclaim my health in 2017.....I never really got a hold of the eating after I quit, and I am 45 now and need to take my life seriously, health-wise. Too many cheeseburgers will kill you as easily as too many beers....but I have held off on my old college-try for that for 2017.

I'm all-in. Let's make 2017 even better than 2016
Love you guys and I'm never leavin',
Lee
Old 12-31-2016, 02:42 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hello! Congrats on10 Months Lee! Wow we are amazing! What a fantastic year 2016 has been! I'm so excited for 2017! Happy New Year all you healthy, happy, high on life Fort Febs! Where's OT? Nice to see you Mel! My resolution is to work out in 2017. I have to fit it in. Also to work less.
Old 12-31-2016, 03:04 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Morning, all!

Great news on Charlie- OOTT. Pets are so important to those of us who love them. As my ex who got me Luke, my now dog, said "you do better with a dog." Of course, I do BEST when not drinking, but a dog's good too

Looking forward to a pleasant day. No real agenda other than a meeting this morning (no nap yesterday after work but was asleep btw 8-9!) and maybe picking up something nice to cook for dinner. Just going to reflect on all the good and feel free.

Happy New Year's Eve to all-
A
Old 12-31-2016, 03:50 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I hour 40 minutes till '17.
Old 12-31-2016, 03:53 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

You're way ahead of us, PJ!
Old 12-31-2016, 11:47 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Happy New Year errrrerybody!