Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 22

Old 01-14-2017, 12:58 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Taking a break from studying and going on an adventure today.
Old 01-14-2017, 03:59 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Do tell, OT! Have fun.

Went back to sleep for a few hours and now headed to the Early Bird meeting with Cliff- his idea, love it. Work at 10......need a busy Sat! Maybe since it is a holiday weekend here (MLK is Monday)....

It's a great day to have a great day, all-
xo
A
Old 01-14-2017, 02:05 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

I met a friendly squirrel, got covered in pigeons and ate vanilla fudge. I'm going to bed now!
Old 01-14-2017, 03:09 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Super quick check in. Can post in a bit.
Old 01-15-2017, 04:48 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Ugh. Sorry, sick with the flu. OOTT -The Naked Mind- I think the author is all sbout not drinking but does not suggest quitting right away when picking up the book. She wants people to really read the book and understand the preprogrammed conceptions and falsehoods about drinking first. The whole section about concious and subconcious thinking was fascinating (basically describing AV). Anyway, it was a good read for someone almost a year sober to reinforce just how insane our society is and brainwashed we all are. 20 billion on alcohol ads a year - starting to feel like we are all just way to easily manipulated. A bunch of real life minions. Well - not use Fort Febs of course! We're above the Minions. We're on to their schemes. On a side rant. I have to get exercising. We may get an elliptical for the house. The weight just doesn't want to go away and I try to eat very little. The minute I eat it just comes back.
Old 01-15-2017, 06:11 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Maybe I need to read this book. Getting a long list now
Old 01-15-2017, 08:52 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Ahhhh, I deleted my last post down to that one sentence because my beloved called. Plans for nice brunch with his parents off. Basic gist is that his parents are up in arms about his daughter spending ANY time alone, even a few hours while we are on a date. He is reworking his new-divorced-dad role and part of that includes his changed relationship with them, and them being more involved in his family's life than in the past, among other things. We talked; I left my time at Panera and went to a meeting! Step one and BB pp 85-88 in my front window today.

Hope you are all having pleasant days- 60s and mostly sunny here.....

Laters
A
Old 01-16-2017, 01:56 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

I was supposed to wake up early today but I didn't. Story of my life!
Old 01-16-2017, 12:28 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

afternoon all- everybody good? Slow goings today- hope all are busy and happy.

Good day- LOTS of emotions, info, processing......it has been a big past seven days or so. Knowing me, tomorrow is a much needed day off for the "aftermath" and digestion of all of it (well, a start to that). AND day three, no ice cream. Bam. 11 mo on Sun and ONE YEAR in 37 days. Unbelievable, but not!!!

Laters
A
Old 01-16-2017, 03:55 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

My daughter (16) can sleep for 18 hours. Ha! Wish I could sometimes.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:47 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

We're too busy for that Badger!
Old 01-17-2017, 10:39 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

PHRD,....that is sooo true about alcohol advertising. They brainwash the minions into thinking booze is necessary and required for life and to have fun. NOT TRUE. It's garbage. They're lying to everyone. Alcohol sucks.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:39 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

I played racketball on Saturday and Sunday. I wouldn't have done that a year ago! Great cardio, except my arm and my feet are sore.

My wife is a really good player. Surprising things I didn't know. She kicked my butt.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:45 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

349 days
Old 01-17-2017, 02:32 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

329! AND fourth day no ice cream. Boo ya. Or however you spell that.

Other than leaving the car for a very expensive service (nice car, and 14 years old, means....yikes), it has been a totally stress-free day. Much need pedi. Good walk with the dog on a gorgeous Atlanta day. TWO naps. Time for coffee and coffee cake (Panera's cinnamon is addictive, FYI) - heck no, I am not quitting sugar entirely. Cooking for dinner. I was expecting more of an emotional "Refractory period" like y'all have seen me go through before, after some big stuff, but I feel .... pretty calm. SO many good things are happening, and I find it interesting that I somehow intuitively knew to up my meetings last week (I went to seven, 2 were in one day)....I think it has been part of my whole dealing with things stuff, for sure. Life is good. And knowing that there's a ring in my future with the best partner I could imagine is pretty amazing.

Take care, all-
A
Old 01-17-2017, 02:44 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your milestones guys

D
Old 01-17-2017, 03:13 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Boo YA!!!!!!
or POW, or PA!! or whatever they're saying in this clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSjjZM1Ovs0

Anyhoo,
Thanks Dee.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:21 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
329! AND fourth day no ice cream. Boo ya. Or however you spell that.

Other than leaving the car for a very expensive service (nice car, and 14 years old, means....yikes), it has been a totally stress-free day. Much need pedi. Good walk with the dog on a gorgeous Atlanta day. TWO naps. Time for coffee and coffee cake (Panera's cinnamon is addictive, FYI) - heck no, I am not quitting sugar entirely. Cooking for dinner. I was expecting more of an emotional "Refractory period" like y'all have seen me go through before, after some big stuff, but I feel .... pretty calm. SO many good things are happening, and I find it interesting that I somehow intuitively knew to up my meetings last week (I went to seven, 2 were in one day)....I think it has been part of my whole dealing with things stuff, for sure. Life is good. And knowing that there's a ring in my future with the best partner I could imagine is pretty amazing.

Take care, all-
A
Holy cow, August, are you announcing an engagement? Could this be the second Fort February wedding?
Old 01-18-2017, 02:56 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Ha, this year for the engagement. The milestones of his one year (June) and my lease being up are two of the points we have discussed reaching. I've been given a rough budget to start looking for our first place; his house should do well on the market. We both agree that we want to be married before living together as the right example for his daughter. So, yeah, a lot has been put on the table in the past week! I have this feeling that next Feb would be perfect for a wedding. One day at a time, though....it's good to discuss, now we need to keep working as partners toward everything we want.

Oh, yeah, good morning all!

A
Old 01-18-2017, 11:18 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

I proposed on Feb. 14 (11 days sober. I talked about it a lot here at the Fort), and got married July 31, so Cliff better step it up. Feb. 14 is a great day for the proposal because it's easy to remember for anniversaries and because it's all romantical an' stuff. It seems corny to do it that day, but I'm glad I did.

It was weird proposing at 11 days sober. I definitely was still pretty wobbly, I felt fine as far as not drinking goes, but I distinctly remember some residual brain fog.

August, is that you in your avatar? Very good looking... Cliff better snap you up before someone else does!