Class of February 2016 Part 22

Old 02-03-2017, 03:49 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations August

D
Old 02-04-2017, 08:50 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

August - That is really special. I am very happy for you. Say yes to the Dress! hehe
Old 02-04-2017, 09:17 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Thanks, y'all!!! Calm yet overwhelmed with excitement. I really need to nap today before work but not sure I can....and after all our happy discussion over bfast this morning where did I go?

Not looking at rings.

To a noon meeting. Something must have sunk in during 347 days- that's what I do in good and bad! Very cool.

Happy Sat all-
Xo to everyone!
A
Old 02-04-2017, 01:22 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Congrats August!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2017, 07:05 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Yes, big congrats to you August. Can you believe this is all happening?
Discussion question: do you think that you would you be in a stable relationship with marriage on the horizon if you had not gotten sober?
Question for the forum: what big change has taken place this year that wouldn't have happened if you were still drinking?
Old 02-05-2017, 04:17 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Congrats OOTT & BADGER! It's so surreal. It feels like a whole year of my life just flashed by. To your question OOTT, I don't think I would have handled a work crisis that happened very well and it probably would have gotten really ugly with lots of ongoing regrets from it if I had been drinking. And not just drinking the time I found out about the crisis or the day after dealing with it. My whole brain was wired differently . Whether the lack of confidence, the ongoing misery, the lack of memory, etc. I just wouldn't have been able to handle it and come out of it wise and more confident. That and the last work crisis. Anyone else getting their memory back? Badger? Mine is just now becoming sharp again. Congrats Aug!!! I have to say that drinking used to cause stupid arguements and misunderstandings and arguements with my husband. We're about as in love and solid as it gets now. He tells me he is proud of me and he strives to drink less and less. To think one of my main concerns about quitting years ago was how it might affect our marriage. I was convinced I wouldnt be able to go out to our favorite hangouts and he'd miss the drinking me. Nope. Okay last thought - I would not be planning to live on a boat in 4 years. There wouldn't have been a boat big enough to store enough alcohol so I was sure I wouldn't run out in the middle of the Atlantic. Ahhh the sweet smell of freedom of vices. It could be me, the boat and the ocean.... day after day... okay and my husband. ha ha
Old 02-05-2017, 06:32 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Outonthetiles;6320260]Yes, big congrats to you August. Can you believe this is all happening?
Discussion question: do you think that you would you be in a stable relationship with marriage on the horizon if you had not gotten sober?
Question for the forum: what big change has taken place this year that wouldn't have happened if you were still drinking?[
/QUOTE]

NO WAY!!!! Many times in general but especially in the last few days, this has been the exact thought and out loud comment I have made to my closest circle. It is .... astounding. Cliff and I sometimes look at each other in simple amazement, at "all" of it.

Also...a benefit of sobriety is discernment- one way this applies is in planning. There is SO much involved in our next steps- the next three years, even- that yesterday we backed it down to the first two priorities: engagement, then putting his house on the market. As we started discussing wedding, one of the key things that emerged is that we want it to be "ours"- while respecting and including things that will be showing gratitude and love to our parents given our past marriages and such- and things like timing and money factor in. Taking the actual wedding down a rung on the plan - we've got moving and lease and new lease and Keeg's sophomore year and....- can let us enjoy and relax in this "first phase" of execution of Our New Life.

I would not have the life I have now if I had not stopped drinking, period, end of story. In fact- this just occurred to me- given what my dr said (the yr, 18 mo thing)....I could be about at my funeral. *huge shudder* not....making iCloud albums with rings, knowing that I have my absolute partner....not to mention all the other stuff.

Different note....So. Tired. Today. God, last night was rough. I hadn't worked a Sat night in awhile and boy.....I started off all la la la, romantic thinking and the night pounded away....thankfully my close friend was the manager closing last night- it made getting through and not getting home til almost 2! better.

Super Bowl party my future stepdaughter (!) is hosting with her friends so the doggus and I will be up in the 'burbs....spending the night- in the guest room- so I am not driving home with any drinkers on the road, post-game. It is sweet and cool to have someone who thinks of those things because my well being is a priority for him

Fun, sober, restful, whatever good things you need today to all-
A
Old 02-05-2017, 01:35 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Wowza! A lot of good stuff going on here August, soo happy for you! Badge, OOTT, PHRD, a year! Frigging awesome..I think Lee is there too? Maybe others will check in. OT, our class brainiac stomping all over exams! I had that terrible relapse in July so have a bit to go for the year celebration but I am finally seeing noticeable improvements. Sleeping better, more energy, less anxiety. Need the memory to kick in tho. I know what I did NOT do in the last year being largely sober and that's die. I was headed there surely, via an accident.

I miss you guys! I'm a dork using the website on my phone with no app, and my laptop and iPad are company property so staying off of those. Preparing for the game, standard guacamole and chips! I was on the prowl for Girl Scouts, it's cookie time, but parents must be staying in today so no Scouts at the store. I was desperate for Samoas! And why are they called Carmel Delites now, that's bogus.

Gooooooo Falcons!!!! I don't care for the Brady.

Xoxoxoxo
Old 02-05-2017, 10:20 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Thanks Penny, I was wondering where you were.

LOL at "I was on the prowl for Girl Scouts, it's cookie time,"

I love the samoans too, they're the best.

Meet the Cookies - Girl Scout Cookies

http://graphics.latimes.com/girl-scout-cookies/
Old 02-05-2017, 10:37 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Congrats PHRD on one year. I can't believe how great it's gone and how big the rewards have been. This is the best gift I've given myself . . . ever. I have to say, this is the first time my memory has been sharp in a long time. I don't remember 2013 at all...that's how out of it I was. I went on wiki 2013 world events and there were things I just flat out missed. I don't remember a thing about the superbowl in 2013, for instance. I don't know where I was, I don't remember who I was with . . . I just have vast gaps in my memory from that period.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:57 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

To all:
Old 02-05-2017, 11:02 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to you too PHRD

D
Old 02-05-2017, 11:31 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Congrats on 1 year PHRD!
Old 02-06-2017, 05:44 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Loooottts of bummed people around these parts. Imagine I will have some sullen faces at work tonight....

And I .... slept through the second half!!! I was till tired from Fri/Sat nights. Cliff always says he likes me talking during shows but he did admit this morning that it was nice to just focus on the game I slept in the guest room as planned and we felt good about that. It was fun being around the teenagers having fun (a little loud at times, ha) and we were all comfortable, I think.

Must rest today around my home group mtg and a closing shift tonight.

Hugs to all-
A
Old 02-06-2017, 11:17 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Congrats PHRD. Well done
Old 02-06-2017, 11:18 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Ha. I napped through the end too.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:21 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

I watched the whole thing. It was the greatest comeback I have ever seen. Legendary.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:49 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

I only watched Lady Gaga.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:04 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
I watched the whole thing. It was the greatest comeback I have ever seen. Legendary.
People have somewhat different feelings about that around these parts

So all this engagement stuff etc is really happening- Cliff spent an hour on the phone yesterday with the private jeweler we will use.....my parents and Godparents had, this is a guy who only works on referral....the boy is serious. I knew that once the flood gates opened and he had his first and second to dos it would be GAME ON, but still....pinch me! And I better quit biting my nails and get a manicure so I am prepared....I am girly but that is not a typical thing I do- one of my bad beauty habits, ha!

long day at work ahead, a little worried about money for Mar 1 - but as usual, bringing it back down to next bills and this week, etc. It does feel good to know that I am working towards a financial partnership and safety as we progress in our plans.

350 days! That sounds pretty cool.

Hope you are all well and rested for a good day ahead.

Hugs
A
Old 02-07-2017, 07:06 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Hi all of you wonderful folks here!

I just wanted to pop in to let you know that I still follow this thread (was formally known as amazingjoy). I have been reading all of your posts and finding so much inspiration in them.

I just wanted to say congratulations to all of you who are celebrating your 1 year mark this month and to everyone else is still here and trying their best!

You are all so amazing!