View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 04:17 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
PHRD

Congrats OOTT & BADGER! It's so surreal. It feels like a whole year of my life just flashed by. To your question OOTT, I don't think I would have handled a work crisis that happened very well and it probably would have gotten really ugly with lots of ongoing regrets from it if I had been drinking. And not just drinking the time I found out about the crisis or the day after dealing with it. My whole brain was wired differently . Whether the lack of confidence, the ongoing misery, the lack of memory, etc. I just wouldn't have been able to handle it and come out of it wise and more confident. That and the last work crisis. Anyone else getting their memory back? Badger? Mine is just now becoming sharp again. Congrats Aug!!! I have to say that drinking used to cause stupid arguements and misunderstandings and arguements with my husband. We're about as in love and solid as it gets now. He tells me he is proud of me and he strives to drink less and less. To think one of my main concerns about quitting years ago was how it might affect our marriage. I was convinced I wouldnt be able to go out to our favorite hangouts and he'd miss the drinking me. Nope. Okay last thought - I would not be planning to live on a boat in 4 years. There wouldn't have been a boat big enough to store enough alcohol so I was sure I wouldn't run out in the middle of the Atlantic. Ahhh the sweet smell of freedom of vices. It could be me, the boat and the ocean.... day after day... okay and my husband. ha ha