Notices

Class of March 2016 part 36

Old 11-28-2016, 11:10 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Now all the gushy, girly stuff is over- back to me. Hoping all are travelling well
to (yester) day. I agree with you Samanamtnatha (mystic Indian guru). Lovely day in Australia land on my little bit of it- I'm not greedy- plenty to go around. The bird has been shining and the suns has been singing. Well- did my GPA homework today. GPA is my counsellor- the Great and Powerful Aus. She is getting me to delve deeply into my psyche- scraping away every layer, every experience, every friend, family member- going back at times 3 generations. Makes the fearless and moral inventory seem like an episode of Elmo the movie. I am not stupid- but I feel it doing this stuff. Oh well part of the process- keep pushing myself is what I am all about. My moral bank was in debit- so while I am actively doing a crash course in human- making extra deposits. Also pushed myself a bit more in gym. Apparently just after- sweating, flushed- burnt arm in all it's glory (first time felt brave enuf to wear a sleeveless t-shirt as 1/2 of me sweats heaps) I looked 'refreshed'. Some people have not a clue. Also study- a bit interesting because I have to organise my own community placements. Living in the city- all of the recovery people here (well most- I don't) use the local churches for free food, handouts and clothes. Those churches do community stuff. Can't do drug and alcohol rehab services- 'cos all the more crazies than me use it. Can't do night time services- safety- there was a police shooting 2 streets from where I live in early evening yesterday. Also there are 2 community areas my 2 sons work in- can't go there 'cos of networking, the ex works in senior community aged care- so that is out. Can't work in the areas they all live. So getting there. Also got in some art work as well.
That is all- take care march flyers- PEEEEEJay.
Old 11-29-2016, 02:26 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Good morning!!

PJ - wow mystic and a guru....feeling pretty powerful this morning. I did love what you said about debiting from our moral bank account....it's time to make some deposits and bring that thing out of the red.

I just had charlie outside and it feels like summer - apart from that oddity it will be a pretty normal day here. I shouldn't complain about the weather though because no matter what it's doing out it gives me something to talk about in the elevators at work. ;p

Have a great, sober day everyone!!
Old 11-29-2016, 02:44 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

I'm up a little early today. I'll take Hana for a quick walk and have a big breakfast. Definitely moving in the right direction a far as this cold goes.

Bobbie, dreams can be pretty fun!! But I'm sorry you are getting my cold

Love the list of names, and it's great to see everyone posting!!
Old 11-29-2016, 02:45 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Hi Sam!!
Old 11-29-2016, 03:08 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Hi MITA!! Glad you're feeling better!!
Old 11-29-2016, 03:44 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Crud, day one again. The cause was petty--shopping for a new truck. Mine is a rustbucket and won't pass inspection, supposedly. Crap, these new trucks are pricey! I use a truck, but I want a new Porsche, lol.

So of course a stop at a nearby dive bar (you wouldn't believe this cinder block pile of dead ends) followed by a bottle, was just the solution I needed. Not.

Back on track today. Feeling OK, because I know I can do this. I just have to make it stick! Fifteen days was lovely! I want 5000 more.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:50 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

P- yes such things as $ was a trigger for me. Can you put a plan in place to deal with stress stuff next time?
S-you people are so mixed up. Here it is your tomorrow and in 4 days it WILL be summer.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:08 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Good to see you back, fast, Pelagic. I want 5000 more too.

I'll take today. Had a very sleepless night as I predicted. Snot buckets.

Best part of yesterday may have been my Coconut popsicle bar and two episodes of Gilmore Girls (original, just started!). Husband busy studying for a CFP so I am back to my own television/books/bath etc.

Sam I was thinking - I couldn't work in a job where I had to regularly ride elevators. They make me nauseous!
Old 11-29-2016, 06:57 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Good morning. Here it is yesterday and it is cloudy and gloomy. I want it to me tomorrow and beginning of summer.

Pelagic - good on you for coming back right away. A Pelagic I knew from before would have stayed away. Um, don't you already own a Porsche?

MITA - Hope you feel better soon. I'm feeling okay. A lot healthier than this time last year. Just realized that around a week or so ago. Last year I caught everything.

Phoenix- Enjoy the pleasant weather tomorrow. or today. or whatever. Will try to avoid the girly talk.

Jemma - Thanks for the congratulations. I'm so glad you are part of us.

Applekat-Good morning. Snot buckets does not sound like fun. Coconut popsicle and Gilmore Girls. Sounds like heaven. (maybe too girly for Phoenix)

Purple! Missing you.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 11-29-2016, 07:01 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Sorry about the girl talk, PJ! I will have you know I watch and read plenty of non-girly stuff. Watched London Falling very recently. Lots of shooting and cursing.

Cloudy and gloomy, but 50's here. I would love the white stuff to come back by Christmas, though.

Day 2.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:03 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Hi Thirteenth!!
Old 11-29-2016, 08:49 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

I heard this at a work meeting and wrote it down:

"Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still"
Old 11-29-2016, 10:24 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been here in a few days...I can feel myself slipping into one of those funks again...guess I better get my butt to the gym after work - maybe I need another homework assignment? Or another attitude adjustment?

Hope U all are doing okay! Thanks 4 being here
Old 11-29-2016, 12:07 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

"I didn't quit drinking because of the way I felt when I was drinking.

I quit drinking because of the way I felt when I wasn't drinking.

Don't spend too much time looking in the rear-view mirror. That isn't the direction you are going."

I just read this. Thought it was really powerful for being so simple. Wanted to share.
Old 11-29-2016, 12:32 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Well that was a fun night of insomnia! ( Mish says sarcastically) 4.30am here and the sun is finally rising. At least I'm sober. Love to everyone xxx
Old 11-29-2016, 12:50 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Mish - 0702 across further in our down under. I think of WA- because we Southener's often get used WA weather- hope all is good. I slept for an unbroken 3.5 hours- so feel pretty good. Not pretty AND good.
AK- just tone it down a notch thar fella! (not you as such) We men are snags (sensitive new age guys) so shootin' is not on the cards. We can man up the girly talk. So instead of a small tear of joy gently rolling down our cheek- telling a fellow march flyer of our esteem and love in sobriety we have for them= being sensitive we- do not burp or fart while walking up to this person. Give them a brief, assertive- keep eye contact SMALL nod (do not want to get carried away) offer our right hand- gripping theirs in a firm- level, non sweaty or creepy handshake. Keep the h/s brief and efficient. Say to them 'gidday mate, (another brief nod) then say... it's all good.
Terminate the handshake and find the coffee. As for coconut 'popsicle' bars? 'Popsicle'? POPSICLE? The manup version- ICEBLOCK. Period.
B- hmmm disorientated to time, place and indicates a non inclusionary comment about infinity.
Gurugirl- you have not mentioned the latest tea- might try one (in a manly, beardy way).
Anyway- it's all good.
Old 11-29-2016, 12:57 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Hello friends I hope everyone is doing great! I'm still moving along I had a slip a couple weeks ago but it wasn't as bad as it has been before. I decided I didn't need aa any longer that was a big mistake. Now I'm back a couple meetings a week and I will be using sober recovery as it's useful tool
Old 11-29-2016, 01:02 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Sorry about no sleep, Mish.

Phoenix-good morning. lol because I really just was. Laughing out loud.
Old 11-29-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Hey, Kayak! We have missed you tremendously!
Old 11-29-2016, 01:17 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Kayak!! ❤️❤️ So happy to see you!!