View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 06:53 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  
Snarly

Good evening everyone,

Congratulations to everyone for having remained sober and I empathize with the physical and emotional challenges that so many of us endure - especially in the early days of sobriety.

I am happy to say I continue to remain sober (day 20). This has allowed me to continue to do some very deep "soul searching" as I work through the steps. I now truly understand the concept of "layers of an onion" as I have filled a couple of notebooks with my written thoughts to date.

Amends: I have begun to reach out to those I have hurt and been very straight with them, usually just stating "I owe you an apology".
Most have been gracious and even asked "what for" or just waited for me to explain.

The responses have been amazing. From handshakes to hugs.. only a couple have refused to accept my apologies.. I knew this could happpen.. Not all things can be easily forgiven.

I am now concentrating on dealing with my health issues. I know I was not in a place 3 weeks ago to fully comprehend fully the damages I have done to my body, let alone my mind.

Thank you all for your continued support,

Snarly