Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 8

Old 09-23-2016, 05:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good evening all!
Busy day today. Just finished up for the day. Lots of boxes to Goodwill after today's purge. Stomach pain is dulling-- it does appear to be more muscular, and after a call from my doctor I was assured of that based on symptoms and questions I asked regarding where the pain is, etc. I do see her next week for my final check up as her patient, and if the pain is still there Monday we will move the appointment to then.
Rest and relax on tap for this girl. Tomorrow is another day!!!!
Hope all of you are doing good and enjoying your Friday!
xoxo-
Camery
Old 09-23-2016, 05:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi LW! Wow, it sounds as if your experience ran the gamut of both treatment and emotions alike. I hear the challenges and the healing through the telling of your story. It also sounds as if you're continuing to grow in your sobriety through your attendance/participation in meetings since discharge. You're rocking this LW! Its great to hear that you're keeping in touch with your friends as well.....who better to understand than someone who shared such a profound experience.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by elke516 View Post
i'm back in work !!!! Yeeepeeee!!!

i'm soooooo relieved that this whole job hunting process is over now and i can settle down in my new job :vala004:

Camery, hang in there girl, not long and you will feel the same!

thank you for the new thread dee, one day i will make the shotgun.

Hey jo, i'm so pleased for you that you're on track again, keep going!

The newsletter from sr arrived today and i really like it... Things you can do when the craving hits you ..... Speak to a friend in recovery! That's us, the lovely mayflies !!!!

Thank you so much to each and every one of you. There is no way that i would have stopped drinking without you. I'm very grateful.

you all have a great and sober day and night.
yay!!!!!!! 👏☺️💕
Old 09-24-2016, 08:00 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Good morning all!
Busy day on tap here today. People are finally coming over to claim what they said they wanted out of my clothes, shoe, purse collection. ( LOL-- can you say hoarder?) In preparation for that, I decided to organize things a little bit and good thing I did, I found my stash of vodka. In true alcoholic fashion, for some reason, I thought it was a good idea to store empty vodka bottles and even some that had booze in it in my closet between sweaters, etc. Poured it down the drain and took to dumpster pronto! Geez, did that bring back some horrid memories, well, what I can recollect anyways............
God only knows what is in the couch. LOL.
Have a wonderful day everyone!!!!!!
xoxo-
Camery
Old 09-24-2016, 01:50 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Very productive day here Though not much rest and relaxation....but I am finally tackling some major housework that has built up over the years that I spent drinking. Washing windows, mending, cleaning all the hardwood floors...things are coming along.....now rest.
Camery-Good on you for pouring that poison down the drain. I just found stocking stuffers from last x-mas that I drunk stashed. WTF?
Old 09-24-2016, 02:07 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Interesting where we "hide" things. Just cleaned underneath the bathroom cabinet and found two more almost empty bottles. Perhaps that is when I decided to make drinks in my bathroom when/if people were here? OMG.
Aye yi yi....... Agreed. WTF?
Old 09-24-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Been there too. Vodka under the bathroom sink. Didn't want the kids seeing me drink. WOW.
Old 09-24-2016, 02:19 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I do think I found the last of it. I have already cleaned under my bed, and all of the other closets. Cupboards, etc were clean.
Geez. Too bad I didn't hide cash like I hid vodka..........
Old 09-24-2016, 02:32 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Right?!
Old 09-24-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Omg! Same here!! Bathroom stashes for mixing drinks then brushing my teeth and gargling afterward before returning to any guests.

Shudder

Good for u for dumping that garbage!
Old 09-24-2016, 06:17 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Simplicity, sounds like u had a very productive day!!!

Hope u got to rest a bit, too
Old 09-24-2016, 06:19 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

LW- so nice to have you back and posting again - look forward to hearing more wombat words of wisdom
Old 09-25-2016, 05:12 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I found a bottle of "fancy" beer in my fridge when I got home while i was cleaning it out in preparation for my new fridge. I tried to offer it to my friend who just said why don't we just throw it out. In other news, I found out that one of the people I met in rehab has relapsed. I knew it was bound to happen to someone, but I hoped it wouldn't be her. I'm sad about it but can't do a thing.
Old 09-25-2016, 06:01 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

LW- Glad you got rid of that fancy beer! I'm sorry to hear of your friend's relapse. Please take extra good care of yourself.
Old 09-25-2016, 06:19 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Good morning!
LW-- so glad to have you back! Looking forward to hearing about your experience. Glad you poured the beer down the drain. So sorry to hear about your friends relapse-- that is too bad. Hopefully he or she finds the strength to fight. Stay strong today my friend!
Hope everyone is doing well today on this Sunday morning. Crashed early last night and slept in this morning.... whoa-- that is a first for me. LOL.
Anyways, same ole !@#$ here for me today. Pack it up! But first coffee and a smoke!
Have a good day!
xoxo-Camery
Old 09-26-2016, 06:10 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Happy Monday Mayflies!
Nothing new to report-- just checkin' in. Hope everyone survived the weekend, and it was a good one.
Have a wonderful day!
Old 09-26-2016, 11:13 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Same here, just checking in on Monday eve. Spent most of my weekend painting walls and ceilings and was absolutely shattered last night.

Hope you all had a good day and feeling fine.

Not that I'm counting but I just noticed that tomorrow it's 4 months since I've joined SR. Haleluja!

I'm so grateful to each and every one of you, there is absolutely no way on earth that I would have made it this far without the wonderful people on SR.

Saying this I'm also thinking of some friends that don't come on to often....
Arp and Ben, I hope you're both well and if you're not please come and let us know if we can help.

Love you all xxx
Old 09-26-2016, 11:39 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

NICE accomplishment Elke!!!!! You should be very proud of yourself! LOL-- I just looked too and my sober date was May 11, 2016.
Virtual celebration---- cheers!!! ( with sparkling water of course)
Old 09-26-2016, 05:29 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hey, all - checking in and saying hello. Will try to catch back up when my internet is more stable (keep losing things over and over- it's a nightmare)

Tomorrow is supposed to be my evaluation:/ feeling extremely scared and nervous. Postive thoughts appreciated!

Also have anxiety over an upcoming vacation at the end of this week. I know temptation will be ginormous. Am praying their internet is better than what I have here at home. When it acts up I try hard to use my phone and work's Internet connection but things have been too hectic and busy as of late to do so

Sending hugs to each and every one of you wonderful mayflies!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2016, 05:31 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Congrats on 4 months Elke!!

Any advice?