Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 8

Old 12-15-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Happy Thursday!
Elke-Congrats on the business venture! That's exciting! It's amazing how much has changed in all of us since May
I haven't been running in a while....been getting pulled in so many directions lately. The deep freeze is officially on here and I hate, hate, hate running on the treadmill.....I feel like a hamster
Old 12-16-2016, 04:42 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

The snow has arrived! 12 inches, or more!!!! Bring on the Winter Wonderland in the "frozen tundra" of WI.
Hope ya'll are doing good. Looking forward to a snowed in weekend. I am in need of some R&R, and looking forward to sleeping in!
Have a wonderful Friday everyone!
All my love-
Camery
Old 12-16-2016, 05:36 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Enjoy the snow camery! Only 3 inches forecasted here but I suppose that's good because this weekend is the commencement of Operation Merry Christmas....MUST FINISH SHOPPING. I have a tendency towards procrastination that borders on pathological Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 12-18-2016, 04:40 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Operation Merry Christmas sounds funny Sim

No snow in sight here, it mild and dry here at the moment. 3 years ago we were snowed in that was cool.

I've been thinking about going self employed for almost 2 years now but I didn't have the guts to do it. Not sure if it's allowed to talk business on this forum so apologies in advance Dee, please feel free to cancel my post if it is against the rules. I'm starting a Virtual Assistant business and I'm sort of in the middle of setting up, working on my very first website at the moment and it's driving me nuts. It's a bit scary to make the jump but I like stretching myself. Fingers crossed please.

I hope you're all safe and warm. Dee, how warm is it where you are?

Thinking of you all, lots of love xxx
Old 12-18-2016, 04:51 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  
Administrator

Generally over 30 Celsius until March & very humid Elke - it was like swimming in the air today.

Good indoor weather

D
Old 12-18-2016, 04:59 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

In Adelaide- gets VERY hot here, not humid like Dee's bit- but v-e-r-y dry heat- up to 45C, mostly around 32-37 in summer- peak.(a bit more on rare occasions). The hottest I've experienced was 52.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:09 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday All!
I've been feeling more "even" emotionally these days which in turn has me feeling that getting started on the anti-depressant was the right decision for me. I'm one of those anti-meds people which is ironic since I self medicated with alcohol for 8+ years. Hopefully the meds will do there thing and I will do my work in therapy and 2017 will be a year healing for me......God knows it's been a long time coming.....I just wish it hadn't taken a relapse to get me moving in the right direction.
Which leads me to another topic of discussion. I've decided to not change me sobriety date from 4/29/16. I hope this doesn't offend anyone. Originally I began counting all over again from Day 1. And on Day 3 or 4 I began to find this quite depressing and disempowering. It felt as if I had flushed nearly 7 months of hard work down the toilet......and then I realized I hadn't. I was 1 week away from 7 months when I drank and none of that hard work that I put into my sobriety was lost. I made a poor choice but I got right back up, acknowledged it, learned what I could from it, and began to seek out help for myself. Admittedly I am no longer counting days (you can't just skip a day) but in my mind 4/29/16 means something to me beyond days....it's sort of my new birthday.....the day I started the fight to get me back. For me it hasn't been a spotless journey but come May I will be celebrating with y'all for a hard fought year. I hope everyone can understand.......
In other confessions, I've been smoking again Its been an on and off again thing but I figure it's the less of 2 evils. Its definitely stress/anxiety triggered. I turn 40 in August and I'm determined to hit 40 addiction free. I've heard it said, "life begins at 40". Seems that this may indeed be true for me
Love you all
Old 12-18-2016, 05:19 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elke516 View Post
I'm starting a Virtual Assistant business and I'm sort of in the middle of setting up, working on my very first website at the moment and it's driving me nuts. It's a bit scary to make the jump but I like stretching myself. Fingers crossed please.
That's awesome Elke! I admire your creativity and drive! Wishing you much success and blessing in this venture! #Inspired!
Old 12-18-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

WOW Elke! Your new venture sounds amazing!!! Best of luck to you!
Cant say that it is warm here in the frozen tundra-- and they don't call it that for nothin' either--- todays temps will be somewhere in the 30 BELOW ZERO numbers.
Guess I picked the wrong day to venture out to do some Christmas shopping, but such is life...............
Sim- I think your reasoning on the quit date makes sense to me--- no offense. You worked hard and continue to work your sobriety every day. You should be proud of that. As far as smoking goes--- eh, I smoke too. And not something I am giving up just yet. Keeps me "even" some days, I will admit, but one of these days I will have to give that up too-- just not ready yet.

Hope you are all enjoying the weekend. Big rival game between the Packers and Bears today-- should be an interesting day here in the Northern Part of the state where all the die hard fans live!!! LOL.
Old 12-18-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry Elke - I meant to add, it's fine to talk about your mw business venture so long as you're not promoting it or linking to it

Best wishes and good luck with it

D
Old 12-18-2016, 02:15 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Thank you ladies and Dee, I'll keep you posted on my little adventure.

Also thanks for the weather updates, it's nice to know.

Hey Sim, I'm totally with you...

Time for bed, good night and have a good start of the week.

Old 12-18-2016, 02:20 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Good fortune, Elke to you.
Old 12-18-2016, 04:20 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

I am back to happily report the success of Operation Merry Christmas.....now need to carve out some time to do the wrapping

And thanks for the support and understanding y'all. I appreciate it

Camery-Nice win for the Pack!
Old 12-19-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Happy Monday all!
Woke up with what appears to be a sinus infection/ fever. Ended up working from home on a few things and now rest. I feel like I got hit by a truck. Either that or a massive hangover, which I know that to not be the case. Definitely don't miss those!!!
Hope you are all having a great day!!!
Old 12-19-2016, 01:34 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  
Administrator

Get well soon Camery

D
Old 12-19-2016, 06:34 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Hope you're feeling better soon Camery!
Old 12-20-2016, 12:06 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Hope it's nothing serious Camery, get well soon x
Old 12-20-2016, 03:52 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Eh, its all good. Woke up this morning and felt great! Got caught up on emails, etc at work. Tomorrow we are filming a video at the bank-- the theme is "what are you most looking forward to in 2017?" I will be in it and have decided I am most looking forward to my new chapter in my life, the wonderful opportunity I have been given at the bank, and to making new friends in the Appleton area, a place I am happy to call home.
Should be good-- we have some energetic people there, and some new changes for 2017 were announced today that are going to make for some great new things!
Hope you all had a great day! I almost said Happy Monday, but then realized that today is my Monday-- not yours.
Thanks for the get well wishes! I appreciate all of you!
Love-
Camery
Old 12-21-2016, 01:47 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Happy Wednesday Folks! Just when I thought my x-mas shopping was done.....turns out I accidently bought men's pajama pants for my daughter-in-law Opps.....so back to the store I go. Super busy (and long) day ahead of me at work but then things slow down for the rest of the week so I guess it evens out. Looking forward to the holidays! Nothing big planned.....My boys and their fams are dropping by on x-mas eve for some family time and then we're headed off to my mom's on Christmas day for the real deal No alcohol at either event so no added temptations. Wishing y'all a great day!

Camery-glad to hear you're feeling better! Best of luck with your presentation! Sounds fun
Old 12-21-2016, 02:38 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Great to hear you're better Camery. What a great ending to your year being filmed presenting your plan for the new year. Fab! Good luck!

Hello Sim, I know the feeling, i have to head out again tomorrow after work, it will be packed in the shops, stupid but hey ho.

I've noticed so many people talking about drinking, someone asked me if I like Gin? For a minute I was speechless and the past 7 months past by in a flash before I said no. I was unreal.

I hope everyone is doing well.
Hugs and Kisses xxx