Notices

One Year & Over Part 41

Old 09-05-2016, 10:22 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Magsie

Evening overs.

Thanks for all your support! It was most welcome. I was okay when I got to work and nothing much happened. My pc wouldn't work so an engineer came out, after I'd gone and got my old PC from my old office, we then found out it was the network connection.

I will be a bit jittery in the morning until I really find out what I will be doing, but at least I've got my desk and my area, and the aircon is wonderful!

Drake, I'm pleased you come back to us. You're so brave! Keep coming back.

I'm going to let my brain relax now, thanks overs, for being there.x
Old 09-05-2016, 10:44 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Drake, a very big coming your way!

Mags, I think you've got this :-). Change is hard.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:50 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks Sassy
Old 09-05-2016, 12:02 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Wu Wei

Toots, I'm rolling on the floor laughing at that you tube thing you put on. Great.
Old 09-05-2016, 01:00 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

There have been a couple times where I've actually asked if there was any alcohol in something I was about to drink, like at parties where there were a lot of drinks going around. Drinking booze by accident isn't worth the slight embarrassment of asking.
Oh and, I finally hit on the perfect thing to say when I'm asked why I don't drink (that just never goes away, does it?) I say "I used to drink too much."
It gets the point across without too much personal detail. It took five years to figure out something that wasn't awkward or way too personal.
Yay!
Drake, I'm so glad that you're still posting and sharing here. It seems like you have the right attitude about it, and no one here will ever fault you for being human and "getting a flat". Just keep moving forward and we're always here for you!
Mags I'm sure it will not be long before you're comfortable in your new surroundings. Just hang in there.
Old 09-05-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Hey FTG, I'm sure you will love that book as much as I did, it really helped me!

FBL....was that a picture of yourself I saw up here the other day? Cool!
Old 09-05-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Well done Mags, first day done!
xx
Thanks InPar, just had an email it's on its way.
xx
Old 09-05-2016, 01:48 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good to have you back brother x

Goodnight all
Old 09-05-2016, 01:55 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Hiya, Drake!
Old 09-05-2016, 02:51 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Drake and Gilmer.....how awesome to see both of you this morning.

OK....back to read.....love to everyone. ♥
Old 09-05-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DrakeCKC View Post
Well, the wayward is checking in. Saturday was another evening where I got deep into depression and got some more booze. I had a few before I threw it all out again. I thought how silly, wasting money like that. Alcohol has gotten even more expensive since 2013!

I happened to see a friend of mine online as I was browsing the social media sites and we started to chat and then he called me. Tim is not an alcoholic, but has battled depression and mild bi polar all his life. Smart, funny, kind and a good listener I got a lot off my chest so to speak.

He called again last night and we got to help each other. His son has just left for his first semester of college and that has caused great anxiety for him. So we were good for each other. I have not drank since Sat evening and do not plan to again. God I hope not...

Another wise friend in another recovery fellowship had this great message. If you are on a 1,000 mile journey by car and have a flat at the 800 mile mark do you give up and return home, maybe to start all over or not attempt the journey again? No, you fix the flat, and go on with things. Maybe the journey has to be modified a bit or you take longer, but the important thing is that you fix the problem and go on.

I had a flat, a couple of them, actually. I bent the rim a bit. But it can be fixed and is in the process of getting repaired. My journey is taking longer, but that happens to many. The main thing is that I will resume. The 3 plus years of sobriety are not wasted or ruined, they are just a part of a longer ride.

You all have been a great strength for me. Even though I was not posting I was reading and lurking here and around SR. I realized what I was losing by succumbing to the urge to self-medicate with alcohol.

So there it is. Thanks Overs for being so supportive. I guess 9/4/16 will be the start date of Part II of this trip.

Overs.
You know how much I love you ~ just incredibly glad that you are on this journey with us.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:31 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Drake.

At the risk of repeating myself,. I think you need to address the depression and the drinking cos both seem to be knocking you around right now.

Take care, man

D
Old 09-05-2016, 10:02 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Hope it's a good Tuesday for all.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:02 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Do your best

Gilmer
Old 09-06-2016, 03:37 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Originally Posted by InParticular View Post
FBL....was that a picture of yourself I saw up here the other day? Cool!
Yeah, that was me. I just bought a webcam and was testing it out. Thought I'd better replace the photo before I frightened somebody

Just about time to head up north. Gotta bring the boss back home from his summer place.

Have a Terrific and/or Tolerable Tuesday, overs!
Old 09-06-2016, 03:42 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

We are finally back to cool and delightful mornings! No a/c for the past 3 days - yay!

IP, your response is a good one - I would think that would result in fewer people continuing to ask/offer. I'm not in that comfort zone to say that yet but you have got me thinking, so thanks!

Hi Gilmer

and have a tootin' Tuesday to all!
Old 09-06-2016, 03:51 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Hi Gilmer. Nice to see you.

Drake, I can only speak for myself here. My experience has been that following a relapse after an extended sober period I might have had only a few drinks for a period. While I told myself with words it was wrong, my heart had let that monster back in my life and he was telling me that I could actually drink in moderation. Then, I might drink a few time in moderation. In fact, after my 11.5 years not drinking, I drank at least 6 months in moderation.

However, I am an alcoholic, and inevitably I began to over indulge. Add the progression to that cocktail and my drunks became worse that ever. Then, once I let over indulgence back to the party...that became my new benchmark. That would last until "something bad happened "'..and, it always would.

Again, that's just my story...an alcoholic with a progressive fatal disease that is cunning, baffling, powerful and patient...with a design to have me end up in a jail, institution or death.

Dee's right...you are being kicked around...consider kicking back with a new plan of attack. For me, regaining a willingness to go to any measure was near impossible. My words would say it, yet, my heart was already on my next drunk. I only was able to find that willingness in my heart again by going to meetings each and every day. The greater power of the WE in that fellowship gave me the strength and courage to put the willingness back in my heart.

My best, my dear friend, Drake.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:45 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

drake, hope you have the "A's"

AAA & A.A.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:56 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
drake, hope you have the "A's"

AAA & A.A.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaandallofus!!
Old 09-07-2016, 12:27 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

My body clock out of sync and I'm at work so just popped in to say Hello!