SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year & Over Part 41 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/396822-one-year-over-part-41-a.html)

Dee74 08-29-2016 11:46 PM

One Year & Over Part 41

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-40-a-20.html

D

tootsl1 08-29-2016 11:59 PM

Woohoo Shotgun!! Haha you guys got ta squeeze in the back!

FG sorry to hear what you are going through, your daughter too. I was 17 when my 17 year old dog was put to sleep. The worst part was I was away for a few days and my father decided to have it done before I came home. There was no real urgency to the situation, she wasn't in pain, just unable to get about due to a stroke, she could be carried to the garden to do her business and seemed happy according to my mum. It meant I never got to say goodby to my best friend ans sister. I never forgave him that.
Your daughter will have more loss in her life over time, I doubt any will be a poignant. Being there for her will distract you a little from your own grieving.

Never say never with pets, yes it hurts when they leave you, but the joy they fill your heart with in the yeas that you are gifted with them is worth it. And I imagine there is a dog or cat in a rescue centre just wishing and hoping for a loving home.

On, Gene Wilder was one of my few claims to fame, having spoken to him on the phone 30 odd years ago. RIP Gene. ( he told me to call him that!)

IP, it sounds like your tenancy with your friends is coming to an end. If I'm right, you lived alone and fairly isolated just before the move, from that to where you are now is maybe too much of a compromise for you. Perhaps you need to consider alternative accommodation now. When you work as hard as you do, as long hours as you do, then you really want to come 'home' to somewhere that does actually feel like home and not just somewhere you sleep. There is no excuse for being mean to people, and your friends words overtime will erode your self confidence if you are not able to ignore them completely.

Sass, I think the older we get the easier it is to do what suits ourselves rather than try to always please others. It isn't a selfish thing, it is that finally we reach an age we no longer care what others think of us. Those who care knows ought about us to allow us to be ourselves , those who don't, don't come in to it!

Treerat, come down from the top of that redwood this instant and bring the coffee pot with you! Decaf for you for the next few days!!!!

Itchy hope all goes well with the medical procedures surgery etc. I don't believe you were ever yella,just waiting for the right procedures to be developed!

Hugs my friends have a Triffik Tuesday

Mags1 08-30-2016 12:55 AM

Helloooo thanks for the new thread, Dee!

Toots, I agree, as we get older we don't concern ourselves with what people think of us, that's their business! My husband has never concerned himself with what others think of him, I wish I had been more like that! But, it is good as I get older, that I don't worry so much!

Mags1 08-30-2016 01:18 AM

(((FG ))))sorry to hear of your dog. I love animals and will give Merlin my cat an extra hug x

stargazer016 08-30-2016 01:54 AM

Good morning all!

Been super busy between my job and getting my kids ready for the upcoming school year. This thread flies over the course of a couple days. I have some catching up to do.

Checked my counter on my phone this morning and I see that today is Day 500 for me alcohol free. I never in a million years thought that I could ever go that long without drinking. Heck, I could barely go a couple of hours between drinks by the end.

Have a great day everyone!

venuscat 08-30-2016 01:56 AM

http://www.clipartkid.com/images/734...Kd-clipart.gif

on 500 days star! :) ♥

Dee74 08-30-2016 02:27 AM

Congrats again stargazer :)

D

Soberwolf 08-30-2016 02:43 AM

Hi everyone

Congratulations Stargazer

FBL 08-30-2016 04:17 AM

Have a Terrific/Tolerable Tuesday, overs!

Rusty Zipper 08-30-2016 04:21 AM

good wishes out to you the bionic itch

Saskia 08-30-2016 04:48 AM

SG, congrats on 500 days!

IP, good that you gave us some back story - I can understand why you didn't want to babysit!!!

FG, so sorry :hug:

Itchy, I never heard of cataract surgery with LASIK. I got fancier lens implants and my vision is nearly perfect. A friend got the cheaper version and her vision is also nearly perfect :D. In any case, good luck with the medical procedures.

Toots, wow! Even though incredibly sad, I want to be there when my "babies" need to be put to sleep. I want them to feel comforted. One vet let me hold my fur baby on my lap when he injected her.

Hi Wolfie, Mags, FBL, RZ, Carlos, Glee, Dee, Suze, Andy and all the Overs!

FarToGo 08-30-2016 05:43 AM

Yeah Stargazer! 500 days, whoop, whoop!!
I'm 17 months today, not sure what that is in days, I just have the 30th of each month circled. After over 30 years of drinking (me)! We're doing good.
xx

Soberwolf 08-30-2016 05:52 AM

Forgot to say thanks for the new part D

feeling-good 08-30-2016 08:42 AM

Hi Overs! Been a tolerable Tuesday for me haha :)

Who has been watching the ITV series 'Victoria'? I have been and have enjoyed it so far!

Treerat66 08-30-2016 11:33 AM

Good evening Overs.

Fun day making a new bed for my youngest, she's been helping.

Soberwolf 08-30-2016 02:26 PM

Awesome TreeRat

Night all

nyala 08-30-2016 02:44 PM

Five hundred spins of the globe. Impressive. Congratulations Stargazer !

venuscat 08-30-2016 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by FarToGo (Post 6114434)
Yeah Stargazer! 500 days, whoop, whoop!!
I'm 17 months today, not sure what that is in days, I just have the 30th of each month circled. After over 30 years of drinking (me)! We're doing good.
xx

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...omment-001.gif

on 17 months FarToGo! :) :hug: ♥

Dee74 08-30-2016 04:20 PM

Congrats FarToGo :)
D

GroundhogDay 08-30-2016 07:57 PM

Grats Stargazer!

Grats Far to go!