Notices

Class of March 2016 part 30

Old 08-28-2016, 07:41 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

And sometimes I think my wife is a dingbat. I'm headed to church she didn't feel good so she's not going and she said are you going to stop somewhere and eat on the way home I said probably not. She said well you can stop at Hickory Tavern I said that place is always full she said well you can sit at the bar :-( I said are you crazy I'm not going to go sit in no damn bar. Why not I thought you quit drinking SMH
Old 08-28-2016, 07:48 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kayak63sc View Post
And sometimes I think my wife is a dingbat. I'm headed to church she didn't feel good so she's not going and she said are you going to stop somewhere and eat on the way home I said probably not. She said well you can stop at Hickory Tavern I said that place is always full she said well you can sit at the bar :-( I said are you crazy I'm not going to go sit in no damn bar. Why not I thought you quit drinking SMH
This is hysterical. Thanks for making my day

Maybe you should start a new thread "The SMH Thread"
Old 08-28-2016, 08:01 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kayak63sc View Post
Made it home safe and sober.
Well done, Kayak. And the bike riding makes me envious. I used to ride a lot.
Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Day one for me. I feel like crap - headache, shaky, nauseous, heart pounding....healthy reminder why drinking is dumb. I will post more later. Love and thanks to every one of you.
I know the feeling, Sam. I’ve done it too many times to myself. Take Bobbie’s advice and be kind to yourself. You may be upset with yourself but don’t beat yourself up. Think about how to move forward instead. It’s easy for me to say - I struggle with the same - but I do think it’s better than the alternative.

Icarus, I appreciate your honesty and openness. Thank you.

Lillian, MITA, Kiki, Bobbie, Jemma, bbg and everyone else, thank you for being here. Apologies to those I missed.

I missed the early meetings today if they’re happening, not sure about the afternoon one. I don’t want to go which tells me I should. In between now and then I plan to look closer at SMART and maybe some online meetings. Have a good Sunday.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:16 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Good morning, thirteenth! I hope you make it to a meeting today. If for no other reason, you'll have that feeling of accomplishment.

Lillian - I've been thinking about all of the bullets I've dodged. Makes me more intent to give back. We can't waste this gift of sobriety, right? Time to be awesome! Well, that's my plan.

Have a great day!
Old 08-28-2016, 08:47 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

What a slow Sunday. So so much to do in the house. Looks like a bomb exploded in here. Yet here I sit playing Legos.

That's all good and fun and important and I do make that choice most of the time. However I've realized that later in the day and evening I get overwhelmed and tired and that's when the wine helps. Energy. Until it doesn't.

Have to work on a little balance.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:49 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Hi everyone - feeling pretty crappy still but cleaning the house. It's funny what three nights of drinking does to my cleanliness level. Tonight is dinner at my in laws - I'm worried they will notice my shakiness and anxiety but I am glad to have something to do.

The liquor stores here close at five today so it's t-minus four hours. I haven't thought about drinking yet but I know the witching hour is coming.

Hugs!!
Old 08-28-2016, 10:02 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Keep at it Sam. We've all been there one time or another. In fact, I'm there too minus the in law dinner. I don't usually post that I've had a drink since I think it's just assumed, and if it isn't, it probably should be. That said, I remind you that you're a survivor, so keep pushing. Hug yourself, your husband, your kids. Just do it.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:10 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Thanks Thirteenth. I'm feeling more like a survivor today. It's weird that yesterday seemed so end of the road for me and today it's like a switch has flipped. Let's be good to ourselves today and not drink okay? I pinky swear.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:15 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

I think you nailed it Applekat. It helps until it doesn't. At that point we're screwed. Balance is important but so is playing with Legos - at least until you barefoot step on one! So maybe clean as you go, a little here and there so it doesn't build up. Though that's what I try to do; I'm not successful, it's yet another thing I'm working on. And I don't even have children to care for and clean up after, you've got me beat by a country mile.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:19 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Glad you're in a better place Sam. I think it's important to try to understand why we feel like ... one day and okay the next. I've still not cracked that one. Please let me know if you do.

I have to add that we shouldn't dwell on it too much lest we go back to an unfriendly place. Just that examining why we feel better than we did is potentially good exercise.
Old 08-28-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Okay the house is finally clean and laundry is done....not bad for a day one I guess.

This afternoon Charlie got into my bag and stole a mascara - she was a mess.....lol

Well we are off to dinner and there will be no stopping along the way - even though my AV is watching the clock
Old 08-28-2016, 12:50 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Another quick check-in. Still out of town. Lot going on but all is good sobriety-wise. Day 170! I'll give more details about what I'm doing in a day or two. Probably two. Hope everyone is doing well, I haven't had a chance to read everyone else's posts.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Hey Casey!! Congrats on 170 days!! I hope you're having fun!! Can't wait to hear about your adventure!!
Old 08-28-2016, 01:32 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Happy 170 Casey!!
Old 08-28-2016, 01:33 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

This day 7 is driving me batty. Hot. The circuit the AC is on keeps blowing. Daughter wants to play Legos but baby keeps eating Legos. Etc.

Sweating balls and building Legos. In a house that has exploded.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Sweating balls
There are few women who would say that, much less say it correctly. I approve.

Keep strong, AK and Sam.
Old 08-28-2016, 02:05 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

5:05pm!!! Made it!
Old 08-28-2016, 02:09 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Haha! I never say that either. Not out loud. I guess that shows you just how hot I must be!
Less this

And more this
Old 08-28-2016, 02:22 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Hi Apple!! Hope your day is better! How did your Lego creation turn out??
Old 08-28-2016, 02:31 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Well done Sam!