Old 08-27-2016, 12:18 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hi my name is kayak and I'm screwed up.
Lol
That sounds better than alcoholic
Old 08-27-2016, 12:19 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Hi Kayak! I hope you're having a great day! Love you! :-)
Thank You Kiki I'm having a great day time for me to kick back and do some reading love you too hope you have a great Saturday night.
Old 08-27-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I'm actually excited about tackling Monday. I'm off every other Monday and the last two I had off did not end well. But I'm determined that I will stay sober this Monday off.
Old 08-27-2016, 12:34 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

How are you doing today thirteenth?
Old 08-27-2016, 12:35 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I could be better but no complaints. How are you? Are you getting rest on the long haul trip yet?
Old 08-27-2016, 12:37 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kayak63sc View Post
I'm actually excited about tackling Monday. I'm off every other Monday and the last two I had off did not end well. But I'm determined that I will stay sober this Monday off.
You WILL do great on Monday! I believe in you!!!
Old 08-27-2016, 12:37 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hi Thirteenth! I hope your having a good day. :-)
Old 08-27-2016, 12:43 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thirteenth View Post
I could be better but no complaints. How are you? Are you getting rest on the long haul trip yet?
I'm kicking back now relaxing Got My Buddy Rich playing and getting ready to do a little reading. I love rock and roll but when it's time to relax give me some Buddy Rich or Sinatra all right everyone have a great night
Old 08-27-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good plan to me. Have a good night, Kayak.

It's weird, it seems like I've gotten more done in the past two weeks than I have in the past two years. And yet, I can't kick the booze. Here's to keeping at it.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:05 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good plan to me. Have a good night, Kayak.

It's weird, it seems like I've gotten more done in the past two weeks than I have in the past two years. And yet, I can't kick the booze. Here's to keeping at it.

That's one thing I always say my neighbors can tell when I'm sober because my yard looks really good
Old 08-27-2016, 01:10 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Lacking a yard, my neighbors wouldn't give a **** about anything I did unless I was loud or dirty.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:20 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Piggybacking on Kayak's early post: Hi, I'm Thirteenth and I have a drinking problem. Am I an alcoholic? Probably. Does it matter? No. I need to address it one way or another. Full blown alcoholic or not doesn't matter. It is irrelevant once we realize we have a problem. I'm still working on that and perhaps this can be my breakthrough. Kayak is not screwed up, none of us are beyond our own perceptions. We have problems we must work on.

I'm also a survivor of childhood sexual abuse. I won't let it define me or keep punishing myself for something that I had no willful part in. The abuser manipulates or frightens or coerces the then victim. That once victim is now a Survivor.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:21 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I really don't know what I am but I need to make changes.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:27 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I don't think it matters as long as you feel changes need to be made. Then you figure out those changes and so forth.

Me: I know I have a drinking problem. I know my diet sucks. I know there's a lot of other things I could come up with but it'd depress me so those are back burner for now, just for now. I'm going to keep working on the drinking as that seems to be my base point.

Oh, edited to add that I don't have a farthing clue who I am sans alcohol, but I do want to find out.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
LG, I wish I had stayed up a little longer for you. You seem very determined now, though. That crash would have a huge impact on me. I hope you made it through the evening alright.
It's ok MITA and thank you. This morning is better. He was drinking and I was not...not a good combo for getting along. Today we are pretending that last night didn't happen. Yeah well, we will be talking about it now that we are in the same altitude.

I'm used to everyone being asleep when I log on. Sometimes I post and I literally hear an echo....echo.....echo. hee hee But I read through the thread and catch up with everyone. The Australians are up, so I do love checking in on the 24 hour thread and talking to Venuscat. The 24 hour thread in general is very helpful to me. And here is the best. Even when I don't have time to post, I am reading.

On Monday, I received my renewed drivers license in the mail and with it came a flyer on drunk driving. It had a chart separated by gender and weight, how many drinks you can have before you're legally drunk. According to it....I was completely smashed last Saturday night driving home.

I had several glasses of wine, and I can't even remember what I said to Al Gore when I briefly met him. If I didn't have a picture, I might wonder if I really met him. Then I got behind the wheel and drove home in the dark on a windy road with my beloved sister in the car who I told that I was just fine to drive. Jeez.

The drunk driver who hit the mini cooper was going too fast around a bend, lost control and his tire blew. That's when he crossed the double yellow line and went heading into the single late of traffic coming the other way - each car going over 60 mph I guess. Driving that road every day, I see the skid marks and where the drunk driver lost control...the police have lots of chalk marks that they've mapped out what happened for when he's brought to trial. Every time I drive by, I piece a little more together what went down.

When the mini cooper caught fire, several people stopped to try and get the poor man out, but his doors were locked. The car was on fire, so they went to get their little fire extinguishers but the fire was too intense to put out with little extinguishers. The fire dept hadn't arrived so they watched the man burn alive unable to help. They needed trauma counselors it was so bad.

The drunk driver is in some serious trouble and I can only imagine what that feels like to have all this on your conscience and know that life as he had it....is probably over. I came down that hill at 5, and back up at 10:30...right over that spot that was burnt at 8.

It could have been me. Or someone I love. My daughter goes up and down the hill every day to go to school. How dare I drive drunk. How dare I?

I'll shut up about this car accident now, but I'm saving this post for me the next time I think about drinking...so please forgive me harping on this subject.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:56 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
How dare I drive drunk. How dare I?

I'll shut up about this car accident now, but I'm saving this post for me the next time I think about drinking...so please forgive me harping on this subject.
And how dare I? I haven't in a long while. But I have.

Speaking only for myself, I'm all in anytime you need to talk about this. It's important for us all to remember that not only could the victim be us, but most especially we could be the perpetrator. He or she most likely didn't do it with malice but killed someone anyway. This is just another painful example of the frequent and tragic consequence of drunk driving.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:08 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Piggybacking on Kayak's early post: Hi, I'm Thirteenth and I have a drinking problem. Am I an alcoholic? Probably. Does it matter? No. I need to address it one way or another. Full blown alcoholic or not doesn't matter. It is irrelevant once we realize we have a problem. I'm still working on that and perhaps this can be my breakthrough. Kayak is not screwed up, none of us are beyond our own perceptions. We have problems we must work on. I'm also a survivor of childhood sexual abuse. I won't let it define me or keep punishing myself for something that I had no willful part in. The abuser manipulates or frightens or coerces the then victim. That once victim is now a Survivor.
You are a SURVIVOR!!! :-)
Old 08-27-2016, 02:09 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kayak63sc View Post
I really don't know what I am but I need to make changes.
You're an awesome person! :-)
Old 08-27-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post

You're an awesome person! :-)
Aww thank you.. your also pretty awesome
Old 08-27-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
It's ok MITA and thank you. This morning is better. He was drinking and I was not...not a good combo for getting along. Today we are pretending that last night didn't happen. Yeah well, we will be talking about it now that we are in the same altitude. I'm used to everyone being asleep when I log on. Sometimes I post and I literally hear an echo....echo.....echo. hee hee But I read through the thread and catch up with everyone. The Australians are up, so I do love checking in on the 24 hour thread and talking to Venuscat. The 24 hour thread in general is very helpful to me. And here is the best. Even when I don't have time to post, I am reading. On Monday, I received my renewed drivers license in the mail and with it came a flyer on drunk driving. It had a chart separated by gender and weight, how many drinks you can have before you're legally drunk. According to it....I was completely smashed last Saturday night driving home. I had several glasses of wine, and I can't even remember what I said to Al Gore when I briefly met him. If I didn't have a picture, I might wonder if I really met him. Then I got behind the wheel and drove home in the dark on a windy road with my beloved sister in the car who I told that I was just fine to drive. Jeez. The drunk driver who hit the mini cooper was going too fast around a bend, lost control and his tire blew. That's when he crossed the double yellow line and went heading into the single late of traffic coming the other way - each car going over 60 mph I guess. Driving that road every day, I see the skid marks and where the drunk driver lost control...the police have lots of chalk marks that they've mapped out what happened for when he's brought to trial. Every time I drive by, I piece a little more together what went down. When the mini cooper caught fire, several people stopped to try and get the poor man out, but his doors were locked. The car was on fire, so they went to get their little fire extinguishers but the fire was too intense to put out with little extinguishers. The fire dept hadn't arrived so they watched the man burn alive unable to help. They needed trauma counselors it was so bad. The drunk driver is in some serious trouble and I can only imagine what that feels like to have all this on your conscience and know that life as he had it....is probably over. I came down that hill at 5, and back up at 10:30...right over that spot that was burnt at 8. It could have been me. Or someone I love. My daughter goes up and down the hill every day to go to school. How dare I drive drunk. How dare I? I'll shut up about this car accident now, but I'm saving this post for me the next time I think about drinking...so please forgive me harping on this subject.
What an awful tragedy! That poor man. Heart breaking!

I too have driven drunk....a thousand times....and I will NEVER do it again! I can't drive drink if I don't drink, right?

A good friend of mine from school killed her own 4 year old son when she was driving drunk. She's never been the same and never will be. :-(