Notices

Class of March 2016 part 30

Old 08-29-2016, 06:33 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
Happy Monday Sam!

Fred, sounds like the meeting was good.

I am awake even earlier than normal today. I have a filling that started to fall apart and now I have to go to the dentist. That is causing me a little anxiety. It won't make drink though. Once, when I was about 25 or 26, I had a root canal done when I was experiencing one of the worst hangovers of my young life. What an idiot I was. Haha.

Have a great day everyone
Sorry about your tooth. That sucks. You guys get up so early. I just can't do that. My alarm goes off at 5 AM. I still get up at 7:15. (have to be out the door by 7:30, lol)

Hope the dentist trip is uneventful. Have a good day!
Old 08-29-2016, 06:34 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! I hope everyone has a fantastic and sober Monday!

Love you all!
Old 08-29-2016, 08:25 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Good morning friends! I woke up today very thankful to be sober. It is freedom from misery. Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 08-29-2016, 08:39 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Having an off day but I won't drink and make it worse.

Hi all! Day 8.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:06 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Checking in at lunch and doing okay today. Already hit 10,000 steps and I see you're right there with me Bobbie!! Lol. Did you see the new challenges Fitbit added today!?
Old 08-29-2016, 10:18 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Checking in on day 53. I feel so bad that I haven't been able to be very active here the past few days. Life has been so busy! I'll try to catch up later. I hope everyone is doing well!

Love you all!!!
Old 08-29-2016, 10:54 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

I didn't get any steps in so far Cycled 7.5 miles 10.6 avg . Still sober just not easy
Old 08-29-2016, 10:54 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Checking in at lunch and doing okay today. Already hit 10,000 steps and I see you're right there with me Bobbie!! Lol. Did you see the new challenges Fitbit added today!?
Some of my steps were from last night. After midnight on the east coast. Thanks for adding me to the challenge - I'm becoming obsessed. I changed my goal to 15,000.

Hey CH - Hope you have a great day!

Kiki - don't stress over checking in. Just get here when you can because we miss you!!!

Apple - Hope your day gets better.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:36 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

I need to break out my Fitbit again. I have the Apple Watch now and it's just ok.

Hope everyone is having a good day. I'm baking a cake today yum!!
Old 08-29-2016, 11:53 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Kayak, sorry it's rough today. Sending up a prayer that it will get comfortable for you.

PR - What kind of cake? I watched Peppa Pig yesterday with my niece. Thought of you.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:13 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Chocolate! Is they any other kind? :P

My kids like her. She's so polite unlike my hellions.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:36 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
Chocolate! Is they any other kind? :P

My kids like her. She's so polite unlike my hellions.
No, no other kind. She wasn't whiney, I can live with that.
Old 08-29-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

On my way home - sweet lime tea today

I actually had a super productive day and feel really good - this no drinking thing is awesome!! Tonight I am going out to dinner to a gourmet burger place with DH...mine will be "naked" though as I stopped eating carbs....I am going to lose the ten pounds that still haunt me!!

Kayak - thinking of you

I will catch up later!!
Old 08-29-2016, 01:08 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Will be back home tomorrow. Will try and catch up then. Hope all are well. Day 171!
Old 08-29-2016, 04:22 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Good morning world. Jemma still trying to change to Phoenix. One thing that I annoy myself about myself is the inability to sit still. Be at peace with the world. I always want something to happen. If nothing happens then it was my obligation to make something happen. V So if bored what to do? Alcohol seemed the logical filler. Happiness was better, depression was darker. Everything was more intense- larger than life.
So now sober, life on it's own terms (not mine) is quite the hardest thing
Old 08-29-2016, 04:27 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Stupid computer- swear did not touch anything, posted anyway. Yes life can be boring if I let it. Looking at myself is hard- a lot of it is not nice. That is my herculean task- to look at myself, take stock and continue to do something about it. C Be nice to be a real phoenix, rebirth without baggage. Oh well back to the sorting...
Old 08-29-2016, 04:35 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Checking in tonight as day two comes to a close. Wow it is quiet in here....hope everyone is having a great night! It was a really good day here - 17,500 steps when it was all said and done (Bobbie is still beating me though - lol)

Hi CH!!!

MITA - how did you make out?

Apple - I hope your day got better...hugs!!

Kiki - 53 days is amazing!!

Kayak - how are you doing tonight?

PR - the Apple watch is cool but if you do get your FitBit out you can be a part of our challenges!! How did your cake turn out?

lcarus - I have a really hard time with being still as well. I don't know if it's because I just don't like being alone or if it's that I can't turn off my mind.....maybe a combination of both?? Wishing peace for you....for all of us

Casey - I hope you had a great trip - looking forward to hearing all about it

Well I am off for an early night - tomorrow is my last day before holidays and it's sure to be a long one - love to you all!!
Old 08-29-2016, 04:36 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Hi there! Hope everyone is having a good day/night.

Icarus, I think you need to email Anna or Dee to change your name

I had a big scare last night, not to do with drinking. My little boy, who is 16 months, snapped the childproof door knob thingy off the door knob, opened two doors and ran into the street outside my house. I did not know he was missing for about 2-3 minutes. He's quick. I thought he was in the kitchen and went to check on him because he was so quiet, and saw the doors open with the door knob thing in 2 pieces on the floor and my heart jumped into my throat. We live near a busy street! I raced outside, couldn't see him at first, and then spotted him a little ways down the street next to an elderly lady with her dog. She was just about to scoop him up when I came running. She said he was running down the yellow line in the middle of the street. He was in a tshirt and diaper, no shoes. What a scare! I think I have 25 new gray hairs now! I bought a lock to put near the top of the door today because even if I lock him in, I'm sure he will figure that out next.

I'm about to have dinner with a friend. He likes to drink wine with dinner but I will not have any. I'm going to enjoy my dinner and see what else they have to drink

Xoxox
Old 08-29-2016, 04:46 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Jemma that must have been so scary!! I can't even imagine! Thank God he is okay!! Have fun at dinner tonight!
Old 08-29-2016, 04:59 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Hey guys ~ I'm pretty tired so I'll probably turn in early....slowly but surely about to finish reading Under the Influence ~ something that I need to keep in my reading circulation for sure! Here's a part that hits home for me and makes perfect sense why I haven't been able to lose weight:

"Ascites is another complication of the pressure created by a cirrhotic liver......Ascites is sometimes mistaken for the common and relatively harmless beer belly, but a swollen stomach in a heavy drinker should be a clear warning of serious trouble in the liver"

Yikes! I'd better keep reading and get more rest so I can get my big gut back to the gym! Will check back in tomorrow. Thanks again, guys!

(OMG Jemma! How scary is that...... I'm so glad your little one is okay!)