Notices

Class of August 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 08-23-2016, 09:35 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Howdy guys! Bit late getting round to posting today. Day 5 has been fab. Nice and focussed in work and feeling hopeful, plus I had the best sleep last night.

Loving that big list of the A-team!!! It's great seeing my name on there amongst you great people!

Welcome Delizadee-this is a great group, people really have your back, they know the struggles and are there for you. What more can you ask for?
Old 08-23-2016, 10:27 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Welcome Delizadee!
It's great to have you here with us!!

MrPL-I'm Lovin' the new title....The A-team! We are a team- Working together to achieve a common goal!
Old 08-23-2016, 10:29 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Hey A-team,

@cwood - great stuff! Best of luck with the job search, glad to see you are starting to rebuild life.

@Pitty - that's the spirit. Let's beat one occasion at a time, soon life will feel normal again.

@Julia - well done for reaching the 10 day milestone, double digits!

@alyssa - happy 2 weeks sober! Same here, let's keep building up the count.

@StartingOver - hang in there! These very early days test us in all sorts of different ways. It will get a lot better very soon.

@nicole, gretel and SSG - happy to see you all happy!

Two weeks today for me, not much to report, still keeping myself busy and happy in doing so. More singing later as usual, I d definitely recommend everyone do something they love everyday, even if just for a bit. It's really helping me connect with the real me.

Have a nice evening everyone (or whatever period of the day it is where you are.)

P
Old 08-23-2016, 10:30 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  
nmd

Originally Posted by sadsadgirl View Post
Howdy guys! Bit late getting round to posting today. Day 5 has been fab. Nice and focussed in work and feeling hopeful, plus I had the best sleep last night.

Loving that big list of the A-team!!! It's great seeing my name on there amongst you great people!

Welcome Delizadee-this is a great group, people really have your back, they know the struggles and are there for you. What more can you ask for?
you should change your username to fabfabgirl, lol
Old 08-23-2016, 10:48 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delizadee View Post
Hey guys I'm in. This is the last class I plan on ever joining. I have some catching up to do on you all... so sorry for your loss Oona

I seriously thought I'd never get off the crazy train. But I feel good today. I feel almost like a normal person. Glad to be here. A little over a month ago I tried to take my own life and by the grace of God or my higher power or whoever is watching over me I am still here and lucky to be.
Time to get down to business.
Welcome Delizadee and I'm sorry for you troubles, but keep moving forward. You have something to give, that's why you're here.

I'll add you to A-Team list tomorrow, and I think while I'm at it, I'll add myself too
Old 08-23-2016, 10:50 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

The A-Team reference got me.. Count me in with the August class.

Day-2 feeling a bit sluggish not sure if it's a withdraw symptom or my body is just worn out and waiting for my next binge cycle to begin . (rest easy liver I am not going down that road again

I'm thankful that my wife didn't chastise me for my Sunday binge session. I felt ashamed enough as it was. She doesn't understand it because she has never used alcohol. I can't describe to her the mechanics of it and to be honest I can see where it would sound illogical to someone that has been sober their entire life.

It's always awkward for me to be around my kids (10 and 14) after a binge. You want your kids to respect you and think of you as super dad with all the answers. Obviously binge drinking until you pass out in bed at dinner time undermines any semblance of responsible adult behavior and shows I clearly don't have the answers to everything.

Ultimately, the only good that comes from the whole sad situation is that it gives me the opportunity to demonstrate that even though humans have flaws we can overcome them.

Sorry for the rambling, I'm feeling a bit introspective today.

Have a happy and sober Tuesday!
Old 08-23-2016, 10:51 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nmd View Post
you should change your username to fabfabgirl, lol
I'm gonna go with nmd on that one. It's time to change that name and, fabfabgirl, well, it has a special ring to it.

Good thinking nmd!
Old 08-23-2016, 10:57 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FCB45 View Post
The A-Team reference got me.. Count me in with the August class.

Day-2 feeling a bit sluggish not sure if it's a withdraw symptom or my body is just worn out and waiting for my next binge cycle to begin . (rest easy liver I am not going down that road again

I'm thankful that my wife didn't chastise me for my Sunday binge session. I felt ashamed enough as it was. She doesn't understand it because she has never used alcohol. I can't describe to her the mechanics of it and to be honest I can see where it would sound illogical to someone that has been sober their entire life.

It's always awkward for me to be around my kids (10 and 14) after a binge. You want your kids to respect you and think of you as super dad with all the answers. Obviously binge drinking until you pass out in bed at dinner time undermines any semblance of responsible adult behavior and shows I clearly don't have the answers to everything.

Ultimately, the only good that comes from the whole sad situation is that it gives me the opportunity to demonstrate that even though humans have flaws we can overcome them.

Sorry for the rambling, I'm feeling a bit introspective today.

Have a happy and sober Tuesday!
That's a good healthy ramble FCB45, welcome and thanks for joining us. You too are now an A-Teamer and will join the list of ranks.

I plan to update our A-Team list every time someone new joins or every so often, which ever comes first.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:59 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Hey FCB,

Congrats on day 2. The early ones are by far the hardest, especially once you know you decided to recover.

I can really understand what you mean about not being the dad you want to, this was the major reason for me to try and quit this time around. Mine are still little, 2 and 4, but there's plenty of time for both of us to make up for whatever wrong messages we sent up to now.

Good to have you here.

Mr P (since the group seems to be adopting the A-team brand, in the absence of a Mr T I'll now sing my posts as Mr P. Seems appropriate.)
Old 08-23-2016, 11:17 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Welcome FCB and Delizadee! There's a great group of people here who are ready and willing to support you whenever you reach out. Hang in there!!
Old 08-23-2016, 11:33 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Wow, look at that list of awesome people!!! What a wonderful thing to never have to do this thing alone, to feel the genuine love and support from others, come into the light, no more need to hide or lie or sneak! Fantastic!
Thank you to everyone who has shown me support. I am struggling, no doubt, full of alot of emotions this week but living life on lifes terms today, which means I WILL NOT drink over this...none nada nope!
Ive been working in my flowerbeds all morning. Digging in the dirt feels good.
Blessings to all and love all around!
Old 08-23-2016, 11:37 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Just Arrived This Morning...

I must say, this appears to be a mighty fine establishment you have here... I'd like to join you folks.

Augustables...The A Team.... this class.... I have a question:

Is this monthly class for beginners (newly sober) to help each other get through that first 30 or so days?

Thank you all for being here!
Old 08-23-2016, 12:06 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  
fgo

Welcome Jodc,
It is a place for newcomers to help each other get through the first part of recovery. This is a great group I hope to see it last for a lot longer..
Old 08-23-2016, 12:58 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Back on the wagon today!

A-team ...luv it!!
Old 08-23-2016, 12:58 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jodc View Post
I must say, this appears to be a mighty fine establishment you have here... I'd like to join you folks.

Augustables...The A Team.... this class.... I have a question:

Is this monthly class for beginners (newly sober) to help each other get through that first 30 or so days?

Thank you all for being here!
Please join us jodc and on behalf of the class and SR, thanks for your positive reinforcement. There does seem to be an additional force in this class. I've never been part of class that is gaining this kind of momentum in the latter stages of the month.

When the class reaches the end of the month, the administrators move the class to "newcomer's daily support threads" and this can go on for years. I'm planning to be along for the ride. So, it is for 30 and beyond.

Thank you for coming!
Old 08-23-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

A-Team. I like that alot. Its hard to find a smile right now, but somehow that has done it.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:18 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

When it rains it pours, just on day two! My S/O started a huge fight on my lunch break. About jealousy over my ex but we had been fighting on and off for a while. We are long distance which is already enough of a trigger in itself. Ugh couldn't this have all waited at least a week?
On top of that, I fear my new boss is trying to fire me more and more.
I felt so good all morning and things have just made a complete 180 out of what feels like nowhere. I'm sure my drinking is a leading factor in both of these things.... I don't know.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:28 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Sloangrace,
Life has a way of kicking us in our a** when we least expect it. Know what that is? It's Satan trying to throw you off track. Don't allow it to happen. Bad things are going to happen to us all through out our lives.... This is your chance to show life how you're gonna deal with it when you get a curve ball....
Work on a hobby, post here, talk to a friend, go for a walk..... There are a million things that can be done instead of downing that first drink.

Many hugs and love to you!!!
You got this!!! ❤️
Old 08-23-2016, 01:32 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Ah sloangrace-that sounds like trigger-central right there....or.....it could be the withdrawals sending your emotions all over the place. I've gone from contented to crying in the space of an hour today. Perhaps it's the AV throwing a tantrum because we're not giving it what it wants. I read that the AV comes from a little part of the brain responsible for cravings and will heighten emotions that you would normally drink on in a bid to get you to drink. But you can retrain it to not heighten the emotions over sober time. Just hang in there, you're doing great.

I'm just off to bed, looking forward to catching up with you all tomorrow. Got a big day in work so need to get my head in the game, after that will be prime AV chunnering time. But with the A-team behind me I'm feeling happy and supported.

Keep on keeping in and knocking those sober milestones down!!
Old 08-23-2016, 01:56 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Sloangrace, I m sorry things are getting tough there, but at least now you get to deal with this sober. Not only you will end up doing what is right, you will learn a lot that will help with your recovery.

In other words, when you stick to your guns during hard times normal life will feel a lot easier to handle.

You got this and we're right here with you.

Seems like tiredness really got me today, funny, haven't felt proper tired like this for a while, it has been drinking, hangovers or early recovery that got me tired lately. Feels good.

Night everyone.

Mr P