Old 08-23-2016, 10:57 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  
Neverthought

Originally Posted by FCB45 View Post
The A-Team reference got me.. Count me in with the August class.

Day-2 feeling a bit sluggish not sure if it's a withdraw symptom or my body is just worn out and waiting for my next binge cycle to begin . (rest easy liver I am not going down that road again

I'm thankful that my wife didn't chastise me for my Sunday binge session. I felt ashamed enough as it was. She doesn't understand it because she has never used alcohol. I can't describe to her the mechanics of it and to be honest I can see where it would sound illogical to someone that has been sober their entire life.

It's always awkward for me to be around my kids (10 and 14) after a binge. You want your kids to respect you and think of you as super dad with all the answers. Obviously binge drinking until you pass out in bed at dinner time undermines any semblance of responsible adult behavior and shows I clearly don't have the answers to everything.

Ultimately, the only good that comes from the whole sad situation is that it gives me the opportunity to demonstrate that even though humans have flaws we can overcome them.

Sorry for the rambling, I'm feeling a bit introspective today.

Have a happy and sober Tuesday!
That's a good healthy ramble FCB45, welcome and thanks for joining us. You too are now an A-Teamer and will join the list of ranks.

I plan to update our A-Team list every time someone new joins or every so often, which ever comes first.