Old 08-08-2016, 04:22 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

sas forgot to mention, your in the wonderful two's

the time to grow, explore & develop

do'n ok itch, and always on the hunt

tally-ho!
Old 08-08-2016, 05:12 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Congrats Saskia! The start of the third year sober has been a wonderful one for me - where the rubber meets the road in utilizing all the strong behaviors I learned during the 2nd year. Each and every one of AA's promises are coming true. Whether you ascribe to AA or not, I bet you're seeing those come true for you. I see it in what you share in your posts.

Well folks today is hubby's birthday. Tonight the four of us will go out to dinner at a place we like in town, then tomorrow we are dropping off the kids with their grandparents, and getting away to NYC. It's only a couple hours away by car, not super close, but close enough to be able to get there throughout the year.

I share this because when I drank, his summer bday was a 3 day weekend bender for me. It would have been incredibly uncomfortable for me to spend a few hours in the car or on a train, then walk around in the heat and humidity for a day. I avoided putting myself into situations where I would feel woozy and light headed, and probably have panic attacks.

In the choice between drinking and traveling under those conditions, my addiction choose drinking again and again.

I could say "I missed out on a lot" but I don't have the crystal ball to say whether I actually did! I'll tell you this, though: I don't have any nagging feelings that I'm missing out today.

Make the most of your Monday, Overs!
My attempt at FBL's alliteration
Old 08-08-2016, 06:11 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Thanks RZ and Glee! I love being sober :-)
Old 08-08-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, I didn't call him. Yay. I'm feeling better every day but still have moments of really missing him and feeling regret.....it really did feel like he was the one, for awhile anyway, but yeah in hindsight it was far from perfect, he said and did a lot of stuff that really would have been not okay in the long run.

Congrats on two years Saskia, that's so awesome!!!!!

This job wraps this week. Thank goodness.

OH I became a member of IATSE this weekend! The film union.

Have a lovely Monday, Overs.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:05 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

We share our building with the show Once Upon A Time, as Dead of Summer is produced by the same production company. This morning I walked through a sea of fairy princesses and princes to get to the elevator, they were using the foyer as the extras' makeup and hair area....pretty neat! Cool costumes, they looked real.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:44 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Thanks, IP :-). Good to hear that you didn't call him. Relationships can be tricky. During the early months we tend to gloss over (and make excuses for) bad behavior. I married a guy that I thought was the love of my life. 15 years later I finally got up enough nerve to kick him out but not before he had nearly destroyed the little self-confidence I had at that time (and he could have killed me if I hadn't gotten out). That was 32 years ago and it took me a very long time to put the pieces of my life back together. I realize that certainly isn't everyone's experience, but it's hard to describe just how much damage a very bad relationship can do. I am biased! It sounds like you have a good inner voice that tells you when it's not right. I am now a true believer in taking things slowly!
Old 08-08-2016, 11:53 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening Overs
Old 08-08-2016, 05:37 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hi again Wolf!

EN Hi!
Good to see you posting here more.

FBL,
OK I am stumped, who is today's avater? By next week they are saying back down to 90! You did it!

RZ,
I can imagine. Any finds?

Glee! well put.
However one gets there, it is the same place.

IP, I am happy for you. Now you're in a union anyway! The costumed characters would be fun to be around too!

Dee,
You follow everyone here and it must be a trip to watch so many of so little hope start to work on healing and share in our amazement when we break free for good.

I am an Imgur member and they have some wacky art and pics there but today was one I'd like to share here. Click here:
Remember me? Well...Today I celebrate 10 Years clean from crystal meth!!! 10 YEARS!!!! 8-8-2016 - Album on Imgur

Gotta go and wrap up my experiments with our 2 Fire 7" HDX tablets, and the Fire 8.9" 4th generation tablet I got in new shape Saturday for a song too. We had new Kindle readers but like the 7" HDXs better for kindle replacements. The 8.9" came with an Otter "Defender" three layer case. OMG! I could not open it according to the instructions. I went to their website and it had the same nebulous instructions. I had to go to YouTube and watch a customer video review and he couldn't open it either but then figured it out. I can see why folks swear by them. (in my case, at them) I ordered a thin cover for it from Amazon like we got for our two 7" HDX's. The 8.9 Fire HDX are so thin and light that making it bulky and heavy isn't a good tradeoff for me. I don't break or scratch phones or tablets. If any of you see one of these for sale they are a great buy despite being discontinued. I still prefer my Windows tablets for "tablet" use. OK, TMI I know but I get a kick out of trying out tech toys. I just need to sell some as no one needs six tablets! I'm about tech gadgets like some women and shoes, or some guys with gun collections. Can't easily sell any.

For all you folks still werkin, have a great week!
Old 08-08-2016, 10:24 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs!

I seem to have lapsed a day! I feel sure I put a message on.....I'm getting old, lol! Well I am 58 years old today and born in 58!

Inpar, your work sounds thrilling, as always! I just know the right man will come along.....who said 'you may kiss a few frogs before you find your prince'. x

Itchy.. What a wonderful write up of the young ladies experience, 10 years recovered! So good to see the successful stories!

And itchy, I love gadgets!

We, other half and me, are going for a walk around East Park in Hull, today. It looks a lovely park so thought we'd give it a go. Then somewhere for lunch where I will partake of a delicious dessert.

Have a great Tuesday friends, speak later.x
Old 08-08-2016, 10:41 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

dearest Mags!
Old 08-08-2016, 11:09 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks Suze!x
Old 08-08-2016, 11:18 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi folks. Had a lovely weekend took my English pal to Highland games to watch muscle men in skirts throw lumps of metal about. It was very windy, so we had high hopes that she would finally see what,a Scotsman wore under his kilt. But no such luck,me ven the twirling burling hammer thrower showed no more than a meaty thigh!
Came home to a downed cherry tree so I spent yesterday chopping and sawing and carting it away the cleaning out the Range Rover.
Back to work today.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:25 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Administrator

Itch - I'm always glad when someone makes it - maybe I'm misremembering but most of the folks who some here and stick around seem to make it in the end

D
Old 08-09-2016, 03:37 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Mags, have a wonderful birthday!

Dee, that makes sense - I've seen a lot of that on the Undies thread. Some who don't stick around probably make it but watching people get through that first year successfully is terrific. I think that there is a good stretch of months where we are happy to be sober but haven't yet learned how to live day-to-day as self-actualizing people. The more we thoughtfully change our lives, the higher chances of success, IMHO.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:47 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Happy B-day, Mags!

Itch, today's avi is the late, great Pete Fountain: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Fountain

Looks like some more hot and humid weather starting today. I'll be glad when October rolls around.

Have a Terrific and/or Tolerable Tuesday, gang!
Old 08-09-2016, 04:05 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

happy birthday mags

found a kind'a rare piece of stoneware itch

it has a tree of life design, might have to hold that one for awhile!
Old 08-09-2016, 05:07 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Do your best

Happy birthday Mags
Old 08-09-2016, 08:22 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Magsie!!!!

Did I tell y'all I'm going to the G n' R concert in Seattle on Friday???!!!! The teenage me is verryyy excited about being in the same room with Axl, Slash and Duff!!!!
Old 08-09-2016, 09:07 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi overs.

Have a good time at the concert, Inpar!

While I was in the car I was listening to the radio. A man was on who was a drug addict/ alcoholic, but been clean/sober 23 (ish?) years and he was being buried in a coffin (a larger, wider one)for three days (with electric and broadband) to make awareness of addiction.

I hope it does!

Hope you're all ok.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:24 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Sounds fun, IP! Hopefully Axl actually shows up