Notices

Class of April 2016 Part 7

Old 08-11-2016, 07:29 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!

I have already been to the gym. I walked/jogged for 40 minutes. I am not sure what I am going to do the rest of the day. I guess clean house, make lunch, and read a book.

Suzie- I am glad you are having fun on your vacation. I hope you enjoy the beach.

Tati- congrats on 4 months!! You are doing great. I think culinary school would be really fun. I am sure it is hard work but it sounds like it would be really rewarding. I am making a chocolate bundt cake on saturday. I kind of know what you mean about being afraid of happiness. I sometimes don't do things I know I enjoy. Like reading a magazine or a book. I think I have to constantly be working on something. Yesterday I had a off day. I had some negative self talk. ugh. I hate that. I am really hard on myself at times. I tend to over think things. I am doing better today though.

Stargazer and Dee - thanks for your replies on relapses. I am going to read that post later Dee.

keep moving forward gang.

day 67/ down 25 pounds
Old 08-11-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats Midwest (and Tati if I missed congratulating you too)

have a good weekend all
D
Old 08-12-2016, 02:19 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Morning Everyone!
Old 08-12-2016, 07:12 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Good morning Kopfan and everyone!

I made the chocolate bundt cake this morning. It smells really good. I hope it comes out of the pan! I have lunch in the crockpot too.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:41 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee and midwest!! Congrats on the weight loss midwest!! We're our worst enemies. Nobody can torture me more then I torture myself.

My mom was really stressing me out today. She's so incredibly STUBBORN. This is my punishment for all the grief I caused her. So about a month ago she developed severe hip pain on her left side. It only hurts when she lays down. It was really acting up last night, so she sat up in her chair allll night, and alll day today, and she has SEVERE edema in both legs (They're always swollen because of her disability. Sitting up too long makes it worse though) Anyway she just went in to bed about an hour ago and called me in to cover her. So I asked her how was her hip, and she said it was starting to hurt, and I was like when are we gonna go to the emergency room to get an x ray?! The ER is three blocks away, so then she tells me I can't go to the ER until after a month, because I have to get the bills out of the way. I'm like wtf does that have to do with going to the ER? She says "Well they're gonna have to give me a hip replacement and then i'm gonna have to go to rehab". I was like whaaaat? Thats not even how it works. There's STEPS to getting this type of surgery! She was talking about it like it's getting a tooth pulled. There's no way in HELL she would have a smooth recovery after a hip replacement. Not happening. She can BARELY walk with a walker, AND she's overweight. We don't even know whats causing the pain! She doesn't have vivid memories like I do from when she had her spinal surgeries. She needs to AVOID surgery at all costs. I need to talk to her when she's not half asleep, because a hip replacement is SERIOUS. She needs to get an x ray first foremost.

I just get frustrated because after her spinal surgeries she didn't take care of herself. She should've still continued physical therapy, kept her weight low, but she didn't and now she's dealing with the ramifications and how the hell am I supposed to take care of her if she becomes bedridden after a surgery like that?! I'm jumping the gun I know. I'm just scared because I have no help and she doesn't listen to me.

We can't find a orthopedist in allentown that takes her insurance either. I told her look for one in the two other near by towns. She told me "if I find a dr in a neighboring town and I have to get surgery how are you supposed to get to the hospital?" I got mad and said well I really wished you had thought of this stuff before we moved. In NY driving wasn't a necessity. My mom and brother tend to rub my phobia of driving in my face. I wasn't MEANT to be behind the wheel of car. I emotionally, and mentally CANNOT handle being on the road. I can't do it, and I know my brother is gonna guilt trip me if this type of scenario occurred. He was pressuring me even before we moved! "It's all in your head. You need to toughen up" I can STAND it when he says that to me. I didn't ask for crippling anxiety. I'm not making this **** up. If I could just "snap out of it" I would! It doesn't work like that though. I wish he would leave me alone about it.

Anyway I hope everyone has a nice sober weekend. It's been really quiet in here lately. Winslow how are you?
Old 08-12-2016, 09:21 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Morning Aprilites!
Old 08-12-2016, 09:39 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

are you waking earlier Kopfan or is it my timezone observation that is off? I joined a gym, going to kick up a notch!
Old 08-12-2016, 11:58 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Hi Ring, yes I was up very early this morning as I couldn't sleep. Well I could sleep, but my partner snoring was keeping me awake so I decided to get up.

Added a new article to my website, took the dogs for a walk, made an omelette for breakfast, emptied my inbox.

All by 8am - on a SATURDAY morning!

Normally I'd be sleeping off a hangover until at least 10am.

This being sober business definitely has something going for it :-)

Joined a Gym huh? Yes I'm feeling the same way and I've stopped eating sugar a couple of days ago as well.

Two Magnum ice creams, three kitkats, six shortbread fingers and some cookies are still in the cupboard :-)
Old 08-13-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprilites!

Ring- joining a gym is the best investment ever!! I love it. I do a lot of the classes and then I take what I learn and do the exercises at home too. I am happy for you. I think you will love it.
Old 08-13-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Tati-
I hope your mom's hip gets better. I hope she agrees to get a X-ray soon. Has she talked to her regular Dr. about it?

The bundt cake I made yesterday just fell out of the pan! I was really excited because I was sure it was going to stick. I flipped it over to beat on it and it flew out. lol. have you baked anything good lately?
Old 08-13-2016, 07:53 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Hi everybody. Just a quick hello. All going well on vacation. If I could afford it, I would love to live in Southern CA. This weather is amazing. I've been walking at least 5 miles a day since arriving and went boogie boarding twice with the kids yesterday, in spite of the cold water and my less than ideal bathing suit body. No more on the sidelines for me . I told the kids that I'm going to live life now and not just be an observer. Today we are going kayaking in the harbor.
On a sad note, just got off the phone with my parents. Their house is safe but there is historic flooding in the Baton Rouge and southern Louisians area where I grew up. My brothers house is also safe although took on a bit of water before they sandbagged. But I'm seeing posts on FB that lots of childhood friends and their families not so lucky.

Tati, I'm sorry to hear about your Moms hip. I'm hoping she can get some relief with something less involved than surgery.
Old 08-13-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Suzie- it is good to hear you are enjoying the beach with your family and no longer on the sidelines. I am sure it was a relief to hear your parents and brothers houses are okay and that they are okay.
Old 08-13-2016, 08:44 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

I attended a wedding in Wisconsin today. There was an open bar at the reception and dance, and wine at diner. I drank soda and coffee and did not crave or miss the booze. Wonderful!
Old 08-13-2016, 09:39 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

That is awesome Dickensen!!
Old 08-13-2016, 09:44 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great going Dickensen

D
Old 08-13-2016, 10:37 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Morning Everyone!
Old 08-14-2016, 08:59 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Hey all, I'm not doing that great right now I stupidly drank on day 4 and have been topping up since then,I just can't deal with the shakes and sweats! I never should have done this to myself!
Old 08-14-2016, 11:19 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

I am sorry you are struggling Winslow. The good thing is you know how to get off it and start adding up days because you have done it before. I know it gets harder each time though but it can be done. I hope you start to feel better. It sucks we have all been there but this can be your last time going through withdrawal.

Take care of yourself and keep working on it. The main thing is not to give up. Do what it takes.
Old 08-14-2016, 12:26 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Sending you positive thoughts and strength Winslow. Keep coming back. Remember how much better you will feel very soon.
Old 08-15-2016, 03:09 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Morning Everyone!

Come on Winslow, pull yourself together and start getting back on track. We want you back here man!

A slip is a slip, it's done. It's over. Now get back to work! Sending lots of positive vibes and energy your way.

Have a great day everyone!