Old 07-28-2016, 05:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Dickensen

D
Old 07-28-2016, 06:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

You all are doing great racking up the sober days. Life is full of ups and downs, that's just life.

Even the worst day sober is better than a day of drinking and all the consequences that brought along.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Ring-
I have never been to a meeting but I think it is a great idea if you want to check it out. The more tools we have the better. You sound like you have a solid plan so if you go and don't think it is for you it's no big deal! Everyone has their own path.

Hi Stargazer thanks for checking in on our group.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:07 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

thanks Midwest, yes, I think with no pressure, I can perhaps explore, decided not to today. but I know it is there so I can change my mind!
Old 07-28-2016, 07:59 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey all! 3.5 months here. Doing really well. All aspects of my life have improved greatly! Just checking in
Old 07-28-2016, 10:54 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks so Dee, suzie, midwest and Winslow. I'm an emotional person by nature, but lack of sleep just sends me over the edge. It's been a LONG, exhausting week. I haven't taken xanax in about 2 weeks, and my anxiety is through the roof. I just have so much nervous tension radiating through my body. I'm emotionally breaking down. I don't know how to stop worrying about things that are not in my control. I'm making myself sick. I have to stop stalling and look in my directory for some Dr's. I just keep putting it off because I'm an idiot. You know what? Let me go do it now. If i'm gonna mope all night I might as well do something constructive.

Where's Karen? Karen if you're lurking I'm thinking about you and I hope all is well!!

Congratz 83 mama!!!
Old 07-28-2016, 11:13 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Morning Everyone!
Old 07-29-2016, 02:36 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Morning everybody. Hey Tati, I hope you found some promising leads in the list of doctors and also slept a little better. Just a quick hello. I thought I was ramping down for the week at work then was given firedrill at the end of the day to turn around an estimate by 9'this morning. The kind where you basically wave your finger around in the air and make something up because you don't have the info you need, oh and then you're held accountable to deliver against six months later. I hate this kind of thing so much...because it will end up affecting people's workload and that makes me stressed about screwing it up On the plus side of the day, I get to see my daughter when she gets home from camp around lunchtime! Y'all have a great day. Ring, let us know what you think if you make it to a meeting.
Old 07-29-2016, 04:47 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Good morning!!

Congratulations 83Mama!! I am really happy for you! :group hug:

Tati- I hope you slept better last night and I am glad you started the Dr. search. I have seen Karen reply on the newcomer thread very recently. I hope she is doing well too.

Suzie- that does sound very stressful. / I hope your daughter had a great time!

I don't have to many plans today. I think I am going to do a exercise class at the gym. There is one you do the whole class on a exercise ball and it works your core.
Old 07-29-2016, 05:22 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Congrats ring!
Hugs Tati!!
I'm late for work but wanted to check in quick
Old 07-29-2016, 07:06 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hey all, Tati,glad you're looking into a doctor, there's no reason to suffer from anxiety everyday,I have it too but I'm coping ok,able to work, take care of family and g-son,if I could just get out of my head sometimes I'm sure I'd feel way better, want to go for a walk but I know it's already hot out there,sheesh,waving to all,hope we all have an easy day
Old 07-29-2016, 07:17 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Toured Devils Tower and Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monuments yesterday. Both are must see places. Will be going back to the battleground today. Feel great. The air is clear enough to see the Milky Way at night.
Old 07-29-2016, 08:01 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3.5 months 83 mama! Dickensen can you post pics? Enjoy your day
Old 07-29-2016, 03:26 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by 83mama0f2 View Post
Hey all! 3.5 months here. Doing really well. All aspects of my life have improved greatly! Just checking in
Thats fantastic Mama
D
Old 07-29-2016, 10:15 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I'm so glad to see most of you are doing well. Tati - you need to concentrate on getting yourself well. If that means a doctor then go. How amazing are you, feeling the way you are now and not drinking!!!

I've not been on for a while and I was going to apologise but it's not because I couldn't be bothered, it's just been because I haven't really thought about it I've just been getting on with life and it's been good. My life now is incredibly busy. I don't have a day where I don't have things to do. Yesterday I took my boys out on a day out with some of their friends from school - mums I've met and made good friends of because I've bee able to spend time with them. When I was drinking it would have been impossible - I would have been constantly thinking when can I get home and drink. It was a brilliant day. We stayed in the place until they chucked us out lol.

I had a drunk dream last night and it was awful. I've woken up and it still feels like it was true. It's ridiculously early but I didn't want to stay in bed thinking about it.

I go on holiday next week for 2 weeks and am looking forward to that. It's the 6 week summer holidays here and I'm struggling with childcare for my boys. I've had to take more time off work than I wanted to. The guilt of that probably contributed to my drunk dream because part of it was that I'd been told to do some stuff but then couldn't remember what it was because I'd been drinking.

I have to say I am jealous of those of you losing weight. I'm struggling big time on that front.

Have a lovely weekend people
Old 07-30-2016, 02:27 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Morning Everyone!

I just realised Friday night came and went and I didn't think about having a drink! Major, major progress because as I'm sure it was for the rest of you Friday night was always a huge binge night.

I thought about having a sleep though! In bed at 10pm and didn't wake up until 8am. Sleep is easy to come by these days and I know it sounds silly but I look forward to sleeping. With every sleep I feel like my body recovers a bit more from all the damage I inflicted on it.

Stopped feeling tired during the day as well. When it comes to bedtime I'm there. No need to ask me twice!

A far cry from the days of tossing, turning and going to bed at ridiculous times watching films I could never remember.

Talking of which, I might start watching "Mad Men" all over again as it was my favourite box set and I'm pretty sure I missed large parts of it through being present in body not mind.

Who has time for TV these days? I'm watching less and less. Watching TV used to be an excuse to vegetate on the sofa recovering fom a drinking session or starting the next one. And when I see the drivel they serve up no wonder I was brain dead for most of the last ten years.

That's it, I just popped in to write a sentence and out it all pours like popping a cork on champagne. I've started writing like a maniac just lately. Maybe it has something to do with my brain beginning to work properly again!

Is it possible that alcohol chemically alters the brain? Scientific evidence says it does and that would explain why it so hard to stop doing something that is so bad for you. Your brain adapts to alcohol exposure and learns ways to function with its presence. So one part of your brain craves the alcohol fix whilst another part knows it is killing you. When you take it away your body has learned to cope with its existence and its why it feels so strange to live without it.

Pretty scary stuff and it makes a mockery of campaigns like "Frank Says" where I lifted this from their blurb:

Adults are safest not to drink regularly more than 14 units per week, to keep health risks from drinking alcohol to a low level. And if they do drink as much as 14 units per week, it is best to spread this evenly over 3 days or more. If they want to cut down the amount they’re drinking, a good way to help achieve this is to have several drink-free days each week.

It would be a lot easier to recommend people don't drink because it screws with your brain chemistry and **** you up long term.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-30-2016, 03:47 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, just a quick hello.
Kopfan, thanks for another great post. I was a huge Mad Men fan, and have also thought with other series about how much I probably missed. Im really noticing a big difference in last couple of weeks in my brain fog lifting. I feel like my concentration span is getting better too, although I still have to tell myself at work to focus on this heads down for 10 mins then take quick break to move, then 10 mins more etc.

Charlie, so nice to hear your update. You sound so upbeat and positive. I wish I was getting out there a little more socially. I'm trying to take baby steps, but it's really hard for me. I'm trying to focus on at least 1 little thing a week. The weight thing...I had gained a lot of weight in just a couple of the last yrs drinking and did it on top of probably my lowest weight of my adult life that I hit a couple of months after my daughter was diagnosed. I think there's just no doubt that the way I was drinking towards the end that stopping drinking would cause some quick weight loss just by stopping. And the first 10 pounds did drop right away, but I was surprised how much it slowed after that. It continued very slowly but I felt so very bad about my weight that I was worried it might trigger me. That's why I cut out processed sugar for the ,out part couple of weeks ago and I've seen the progress ramp back up. Anyway, I'm feeling better now that there is some momentum, but now I need to start working out. I've mostly been walking my dog, with some jogging thrown in, but I need to add some stuff in. I'm trying to think about this as a feeling better and more confident thing for me, and definitely a health thing. I'm trying to get a lot better about accepting myself and loving myself as I am. I'm also realizing that I have a lot more things inside myself that I need to work on more than I need to work on my outside

Mama congrats on your milestone..so wonderful.
Winslow, sounds like you might need to find lots of fun inside activities for this weekend . Think cool thoughts!

I've gotta run. I have a 7 am meeting this morning. Has to be an early one because then off to 3 soccer games today. It's the final weekend of my one daughters qualifying tournament for the premiere league in these parts. Long shot, but I'm hoping they do well. I need to think cool thoughts too ...it's hot...not 115 but hot enough!
Old 07-30-2016, 04:49 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Kopfan- that campaign sounds crazy. I am glad you know the truth now. It is easier to not drink at all then try to moderate and follow all those rules.. I was reading a blog that called wine "grape flavored gasoline". How true it is!!

Charliesworld- I am glad you are doing great and making new friends. It's nice to get out and be more social. I have done that through church and taking classes at the gym. I go home and spend time with my family quite a bit too and I am going shopping with my husbands family today. It's nice to be fully present with people.

Suzie- I hope you stay cool at the games and that your daughters team does well!!

It's going to be gorgeous here today. The high is 82 F with no humidity!! Yesterday was 89 F with no humidity and it was gorgeous. I feel really great.
I am going to make breakfast...something else I enjoy doing since I am not hungover.
Old 07-30-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hey all, Midwest I enjoy breakfast now too,gone are the days of breakfast beer,so absolutely disgusting when I think about it, good to see you Charlie,Kopfan,Friday makes no difference to me cuz I drank 7 days a week but I'm glad you didn't even think about drinking at all, they have showers forecasted for everyday this week, I'll keep you all posted haha,to me that just means humid,hot,stale air,grrrr,hopefully get something out of it,was thinking about happiness yesterday and I think as alcohol abusers when we quit it does take a bit to realize what happiness feels like again, not that fake"happiness" that alcohol gives but a true happy feeling, I think part of me feels that not having that euphoric feeling means I'm depressed but when I think of it I'm not,just trying to sort out the new normal ya know? Anyways hello to all and have a great day
Old 07-30-2016, 03:48 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I am just checking in. I'm going to a party tonight where I've been invited as a guest - nervous about it, it's at a private residence and I don't know the host ....eek! I am not tempted to drink but I do long for the numbness alcohol would bring. Arg!!

And my mom just said a really insensitive thing to me that hurt my feelings- given that and my nerves I just erupted into tears!

Deep breaths.....getting through all this sober but damn not easy