Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 7

Old 08-10-2016, 03:29 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Catch 22

Hi guys, day 87 for me. This last week I hit a wall. Not drinking but white-knuckling it each day. Just so many parties and I have to make a guest appearance and then bugger off. Everything feels a bit boring at the moment. Drinking and fun were so closely related before.
Old 08-10-2016, 03:31 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Administrator

Can you put your thinking cap on (as my granny used to say) and think of some non drinking related fun things to do Darwinia?

D
Old 08-10-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have no experience with rehab LW - why not post on the main Newcomers board tho? you'll find members with experience there.

I understand the fear but I'm sure it's not as scary as you think
Old 08-10-2016, 03:41 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Catch 22

I try to Dee. Went to the mountains for the weekend with non-drinking friends. It was fine. Then I remember the times I had there with drinking buddies over newyear etc and everything then feels so flat. I know this is difficult. If it was easy everyone would stop drinking. I'm just a bit low at the moment which is to be expected. I know it will get better.
Old 08-10-2016, 03:43 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah it takes a little time to build a sober life we love, but you will Darwinia

Don';t be afraid to do something nice for yourself today

D
Old 08-10-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Wombat!! I'm glad you're going, if you've never been (and so happy to hear from you, just in general...)

Inpatient can be a bit intense; it's supposed to be! Not scary intense, but more fully immersive in YOUR own addiction, than just staying at home; you will gain insight...your "fellows" may have problems you will not relate to, but I will guarantee you'll find many who understand addiction...

(I've been, have gained some things, have felt alienated; I want to reassure you that folks in charge know what they're doing! Don't be afraid!!)

Much love and confident wishes,
Arp
Old 08-10-2016, 05:04 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Wombat,

Congratulations for the courage to seek help with a detox center. Alcohol is a insidious and nasty opponent. Abdominal pain was the main reason I stopped drinking. I became apprehensive that the next step was permanent damage. Fortunately, the pain went away and many other things in my life got better with abstinence. Hopefully, the detox center will help you win this battle.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:12 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lonelywombat67 View Post
as you may have guessed I'm not doing so well. I binged pretty heavily and am looking into treatment facilities. I finally found one that takes my insurance and going Saturday. I'm having some scary health issues right now including bad diarrhea and burning in my stomach area. I hope I can be fixed
Glad to hear from you LW and that you are still out there fighting the good fight. Treatment center sounds like the right direction for you at this point in time and will give you a chance to get help in a more face to face environment, which is something you have noted a few times you would like. I'm sorry you can't bring some of the things you would like to but they say being uncomfortable in sobriety helps us grow, so think of it as a great opportunity to get out of your comfort zone and learn some new things.

Best wishes and we'll be here for you...it takes real courage to do what you are doing!!
Old 08-11-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Morning peeps

Great advice as always, Eagle - your screen name fits u so well

Dickensen - glad your tummy troubles were able to be solved by stopping. When I fall down I sometimes get a pain in my left side, toward the back. When I've been on the wagon for a few days it goes away

I feel really behind in this group- I'm again starting over. Day 2 (yes, again). But started working thru a recovery plan for real this time. Started on it yesterday. Also following the August class now since I'm so behind the 8-ball here
Old 08-11-2016, 01:36 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CountryGal123 View Post
I feel really behind in this group- I'm again starting over. Day 2 (yes, again). But started working thru a recovery plan for real this time. Started on it yesterday. Also following the August class now since I'm so behind the 8-ball here
Great to have all the support you can get!! Take the good things you get from that group and please share with us

You are definitely not behind...just think when we all have years of sobriety a month or two different is round-off. Let us know what your recovery plan is when you feel up to it...you are an important part of this group and we're all here to learn from each other.

Glad you are back and sharing
Old 08-11-2016, 02:02 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

CountryGal...feeling "behind" has kept me from posting here, and reconnecting with my fellow Mayflies, for more than a couple months; thought of 'joining' other Classes, but just didn't feel it...

I will continue to post here, despite setbacks and relapses, because I love this group of folks...when any of us disappear for awhile, the rest of us worry, which makes us stronger as a fellowship! ((Wombat))
Old 08-11-2016, 03:10 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Happy Thursday everyone! It's so good to see y'all! We're all in this together Mayflies!
Old 08-11-2016, 04:53 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Administrator

No one is ever 'behind' in these groups - that's just not how they work
We're here for support - no matter what day you're on

Have a great weekend guys,

D
Old 08-12-2016, 05:45 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Thanks, all - heart my mayflies 🤗🤗🤗🤗 (tee-hee--Jazz handz!!!)

In for another 24!!!!

How's everyone else today?
Old 08-12-2016, 06:53 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arpeggioh View Post
I will continue to post here, despite setbacks and relapses, because I love this group of folks...when any of us disappear for awhile, the rest of us worry, which makes us stronger as a fellowship! ((Wombat))
Well said Arp

CG - Glad you're in for another 24 and the jazz hands are back...I'm with you and you can do this. Does August have as good a group name as Mayflies??
Old 08-12-2016, 07:07 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Hmmm...well, it's gonna be extremely tough to beat our Mayflies... 😁😝🎉

I'm still pretty new on it so I'm still learning...but it definitely brings back memories of May! And when we were all kind of new at learning each other and counting days. And it never fails to amaze me how different yet how extactly the same our stories are
Old 08-12-2016, 12:30 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CountryGal123 View Post

I'm still pretty new on it so I'm still learning...but it definitely brings back memories of May! And when we were all kind of new at learning each other and counting days. And it never fails to amaze me how different yet how extactly the same our stories are
It's amazing when we are ready to listen how the similarities are so many and the differences so few. This disease is cunning, baffling, and powerful and very good at convincing you that it doesn't exist.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:55 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by eagle108 View Post
it's amazing when we are ready to listen how the similarities are so many and the differences so few. This disease is cunning, baffling, and powerful and very good at convincing you that it doesn't exist.
agreed!!!
Old 08-12-2016, 01:19 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Hi gang! Wow so much has been going on since I was last here....new jobs, babies, clear liver results etc etc.....
It's been a complicated and strange and also wonderful few weeks. Potted version - had an amazing holiday (one of the best ever). Girls went away with their dad and I turned to drinking that very same night. It lasted about 3 days when I had a wake up call and gave myself a proper talking to. Then I promptly attended AA for 9 nights in a row. It was just what I needed to keep me safe and I've now got a sponsor who is a lovely lady and we are taking it steady together. I have decided that AA is the route for me. It wouldn't have been my first choice (higher power and all that) but the more I go the more I feel that it is where I need to be and quite frankly I will do absolutely anything now to maintain a sober life.
So all in all I am happy. My girls are home. The sun is shining and the summer is only half way through. I want to be sober more than anything else in the world.........
Sorry I've been away so long guys but I'm back now if you'll have me......take care. Jo xxx
Old 08-12-2016, 01:28 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Glad to see u again, Jo!!!

Jazz handz!!! Lol