Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 7

Old 08-03-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Thanks for the Congrats ALL!! Mrs Eagle and I are very excited

Congrats Camery on getting the job...I knew you would get it!! Very generous offer sounds even better. Enjoy the relaxation time and getting your mind and body ready for the new job...being SOBER will only help

Fingers crossed Ben and you and your family are in our prayers.

Happy birthday and congrats Flossy again on 3 months sober...great accomplishment and glad we are all getting to do this together!

Hope everyone else is well...great to see CG and Simplicity posting and PPE popping in from time to time. Hope Jo is enjoying her much deserved vacation and hope to hear from LW and everyone else soon
Old 08-04-2016, 07:00 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hi everyone day fast approaching day 100. I think I'm on day 96 not sure. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:40 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Camery,

Congratulations on you new job. Being off the booze will made a big difference in how you will do. Good luck and give it your best.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:45 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ben83 View Post
Hi everyone day fast approaching day 100. I think I'm on day 96 not sure. Hope everyone is doing well.
Yep, Day 96 since you're the same day as me. May 1st is my sobriety date as Saturday April 30th last day I drank. 31 days in May + 30 days in June + 31 days in July + 4 days in August. Crazy how when you actually take it one day at a time that they start to really pile up.
Old 08-04-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Well folks today has certainly been a test in my sobriety, patience, temper, etc. My job offer is now "on hold". Apparently, none of the reference checks had been done, nor was a personality test completed by a psychiatrist they use. So, after email after another things are set up. I didn't drink today, nor will I, but what a disappointment.
Old 08-04-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Camery03 View Post
Well folks today has certainly been a test in my sobriety, patience, temper, etc. My job offer is now "on hold". Apparently, none of the reference checks had been done, nor was a personality test completed by a psychiatrist they use. So, after email after another things are set up. I didn't drink today, nor will I, but what a disappointment.
That is disappointing but I'm guessing just some "check-the-box" HR formalities that nothing much ever comes of. I take it that pushes back the start date from Monday to a potential later date?

On the positive side, a good test of your sobriety that you passed with flying colors
Old 08-04-2016, 04:29 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm still hoping things will go through Camery

D
Old 08-04-2016, 05:04 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Camery,

You passed the Smell Test which is most important. You won't have any trouble with the other tests.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:29 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I know, just a minor set back I am sure. But still disappointing. I am not worried about the personality test-- I mean I am who I am right? I am literally in tears as I type this, not because of the setback, but because my first instinct WASNT to get booze. Thanks for all your support friends!!! Don't think I could do it without ya!
Hoping for thunder storms this evening. Cant wait to hear the rain for once.
Old 08-04-2016, 06:20 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good on you for realizing a drink is not the answer, Camery, but is instead a big potential problem. Like everyone else said, I'm sure this is just a formality. Wishing you the best as the process moves forward...
Old 08-05-2016, 03:31 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Happy Friday Mayflies! Sorry to hear about the setback Camery! I'd be feeing super disappointed too! But way to flex those sober muscles......I'm picturing a six pack at least I was worried about taking a personality test for pre-employment also.....I will pass on the advice that was given to me....
The key is to honestly answer the questions. DO NOT....I REPEAT...DO NOT try to beat the test by answering with what you think they want to hear. Each personality type can perform and provide valuable insight. Each personality type has positive and negative attributes. Typically with these tests they are weeding out the honest vs. dishonest. Own the good and the bad, just view the questions as true or false, or "most correct". Also, some are timed (they may or may not make you aware of this). They are trying to see how long it takes you to answer. This test is all about you, and you are an expert on you, rt? So if it takes you 5 minutes to answer a question, it will register as deception (makes sense if you think about it).
Don't want to freak you out but I just want you to be informed...best of luck! I know you will do great! Your personality shines here everyday!
Old 08-05-2016, 03:46 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Alright, I can barely hold back my excitement! In 24 hours we will be on our way to ME for a week! Not sure how much internet service will be available to us but I want to make it a point to check in with y'all once a day. I am committed to doing this sober and I'm looking forward to actually remembering my vacation and coming home feeling rested & restored!
Old 08-05-2016, 05:20 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Liver function tests are normal!!! wow thanks everyone for helping
Old 08-05-2016, 05:35 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bon voyage Simplicity

great news Ben

D
Old 08-05-2016, 06:12 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ben83 View Post
Liver function tests are normal!!! wow thanks everyone for helping
Outstanding!!!
Old 08-05-2016, 06:14 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Simplicity4114 View Post
Alright, I can barely hold back my excitement! In 24 hours we will be on our way to ME for a week! Not sure how much internet service will be available to us but I want to make it a point to check in with y'all once a day. I am committed to doing this sober and I'm looking forward to actually remembering my vacation and coming home feeling rested & restored!
That sounds like a great time and who would have thought that a vacation could cause you to be rested and restored...they are not an excuse to drink all day and come back more tired than before??

Sounds amazing and certainly well deserved!!
Old 08-05-2016, 06:15 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Good morning all and Happy Friday!!!
Thanks Simplicity for the advice on the tests. I have gone through some of the material ahead of time. These are untimed tests that I just bring with me. I am sure it will be just fine. Enjoy your vacation!
That is AWESOME news Ben!!!!!! Yeah!!!
Old 08-05-2016, 09:09 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on the good news, Ben. Keep on doing what you're doing.
Old 08-05-2016, 09:27 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

That's awesome news Ben! So glad to hear your body is healing itself and finding it's way back to good!!!!
Old 08-05-2016, 10:26 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Good afternoon all-
I got some good affirmation today that my offer is still standing, just need to follow their protocol, so I feel much better.
Got a sassy new short hair cut this afternoon and I love it!!!! Guess my anxiety got the best of me on things..... one day at a time Terri. I need to get better at that.