Notices

Class of March 2016 Part 25

Old 07-24-2016, 10:28 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Thanks, Sam! Glad you are here too!!
Old 07-24-2016, 10:37 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

I agree ladybug, I just can't do this anymore either. This is truly hell!
Old 07-24-2016, 11:25 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Remember yesterday how I came back on SR and declared my day 1?

Yeah.

Then my obsessive compulsive alcoholic conniving brain decided I had to finish what was left in the house first.

I hate this sickness.

After ruining my 111 day streak I had a drink. Then went into the song and dance of sober days, off days...for the next month. Surprise surprise that dance, as always, morphed into everyday this past week. All this last month I haven't drank enough to give myself a physical bottom. Until the past two nights. The panic attacks are back. The nausea. The self-loathing. I basically sabotaged myself knowing I needed that kick to get back here.

That kind of thinking is so dangerous. I never trick myself into thinking I'll be ok or different this time. I give myself a break from being good and just wait until the next time I have "too much". Well we all know one of those times could be actually TOO MUCH. Something could seriously happen.

It's like coming home - being back here ....so why do I leave occasionally?

Day 1. My last day 1.
Old 07-24-2016, 11:47 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

So if anyone is struggling at the moment I hope my post will be another reminder of how much drinking stinks. To quote Casey "drinking is dumb."

Is there a book people are reading right now? I've got to up my game.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:04 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Hi Apple!! Sending hugs and prayers!!

I am reading the book "Blackout - Remembering the Things I Drank to Forget" - I've been reading it for a while....I'm slow....lol
Old 07-24-2016, 12:10 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
So if anyone is struggling at the moment I hope my post will be another reminder of how much drinking stinks.
I was just about to post a big thank you for doing just that Applekat. My house is empty for today and all the thoughts you had about "taking some time off" have been going through my head. Been going on for awhile now actually, even before today.

Thank you for sharing your experience. It helped me a great deal.

Welcome back and I am rooting for you. I know you can do this!
Old 07-24-2016, 12:10 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Thanks Sam!

I am going to head to the store soon with the baby and get a good mix of healthy food and treats for evening for myself for a bit again. I'm also up a pound or so from this months shenanigans.

I am super bored with my sparkling water though. Need to find something new and tasty.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:14 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Yeah Lillian take this fresh reminder from me. It's 3 PM and I'm still feeling swirly. And life doesn't stop. I have to get up in the night with kids and then get up at 6 AM and today we had a lake day planned. Guess how it feels being hungover on a boat. Gross.

Yeah back in June my plans for a break started days before it actually happened.

I feel a big sigh of relief being back here. Like a warm fuzzy blanket is being pulled up over me. I've got to make this stick.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:18 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  

I was doing dishes and thinking about something I've seen all over here on SR, everything needs to change not just the absance of drinking. I started thinking about things I like to do and the things I'd really like to change and I realized I don't know how to do anything without alcohol. How freakin sad is that! Honestly it's been so long since I've actually been here that I don't even know who I really am.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:31 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
I was doing dishes and thinking about something I've seen all over here on SR, everything needs to change not just the absance of drinking. I started thinking about things I like to do and the things I'd really like to change and I realized I don't know how to do anything without alcohol. How freakin sad is that! Honestly it's been so long since I've actually been here that I don't even know who I really am.
Peaceful Rain, ((hug)). Give yourself some time on those thoughts....it comes back pretty quickly. Some good sleep, eating healthy, fresh air...all do wonders for perspective. The AV is very tricky in trying to convince we aren't very interesting without alcohol.

The opposite is actually truth. I'm a zero when I'm drunk. 0.0.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Oh boy this day is turning out to be craptastic already. I wonder what the jail time is for selling your kids....I might be willing to risk it. I'm not sure what is in store for me today however I do know that it will include homemade chili for dinner and I'll be pickling some jalapeņos at some point today. They are a MILLION times better than store bought!
Mmmmm!!! Homemade chili! I'm growing jalapeņo's too! Also tomatos, green pepper & other veggies. I make salsa at the end of summer and can it for the whole year. :-)
Old 07-24-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Day 134. Have to run home this afternoon before work. I will try and catch up here then. All is well here. Don't drink. It's dumb.
Hi Casey! 134 is awesome! Drinking IS dumb!
Old 07-24-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Checking in. Drinking is dumb and cleaning sucks
Agreed!!!
Old 07-24-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Day 1's really suck. I am done. I know I've said it a million time before, but this time I mean it. I can't keep doing this. Time for a new plan. I have to believe that I can do this. Hi and welcome back PR and AppleKat! I am right there with you. Let's make this our time. Hope everyone else is doing well and having a nice weekend. Will be here lots today. Love to all.
We all only have today...this 24 hours...just don't give up! We love you!
Old 07-24-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Remember yesterday how I came back on SR and declared my day 1? Yeah. Then my obsessive compulsive alcoholic conniving brain decided I had to finish what was left in the house first. I hate this sickness. After ruining my 111 day streak I had a drink. Then went into the song and dance of sober days, off days...for the next month. Surprise surprise that dance, as always, morphed into everyday this past week. All this last month I haven't drank enough to give myself a physical bottom. Until the past two nights. The panic attacks are back. The nausea. The self-loathing. I basically sabotaged myself knowing I needed that kick to get back here. That kind of thinking is so dangerous. I never trick myself into thinking I'll be ok or different this time. I give myself a break from being good and just wait until the next time I have "too much". Well we all know one of those times could be actually TOO MUCH. Something could seriously happen. It's like coming home - being back here ....so why do I leave occasionally? Day 1. My last day 1.
I'm sending hugs and prayers too Applekat! You can do this!!! I believe in you!
Old 07-24-2016, 02:17 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
I was just about to post a big thank you for doing just that Applekat. My house is empty for today and all the thoughts you had about "taking some time off" have been going through my head. Been going on for awhile now actually, even before today. Thank you for sharing your experience. It helped me a great deal. Welcome back and I am rooting for you. I know you can do this!
I agree with Lillian, Apple. My AV has been whispering all day & your post reminded me that drinking isn't that fun. Hang in there.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:19 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

I feel the same way PR but we will learn!!! :-)
Old 07-24-2016, 02:22 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Ah, I've missed you and your optimism Kiki!!! Big hugs!
Old 07-24-2016, 02:36 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  

I can't believe it! Unprecedented! Ten, I repeat ten, episodes of BBT on tonight!!!
Old 07-24-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

In from swimming. Had a pleasant afternoon with my brother. Now laundry and more cleaning before dinner time.

Very excited for you, BBG. Made me smile.