Notices

Class of March 2016 Part 25

Old 07-25-2016, 05:24 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Morning Pelagic, Ladybug and Apple!!

lcarus2 - Welcome!!

At work and feeling okay today - going to try to hold on to that as long as I can.....Kiki - I will be sober today!!
Old 07-25-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone I hope it was a great weekend for all. 5 weekends in a row
Old 07-25-2016, 06:13 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!

Have to work, will check back later.

Have a great day, everyone!

Icarus2, Welcome.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:17 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Morning BBG, Applekat & Ladybug! We are gonna stay sober today, right?

I promise I will! :-)
Yes, we are!! Going to be another scorcher here today too ... close to 95F and humid yuck! Hope you have a great day too, Kiki!
Old 07-25-2016, 08:26 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Applekat: Yay, Yay, Yay! I’m so happy you are back. I’m so afraid I would just disappear that I was afraid you had. We missed your talks of kids and no sleep.

BBG: You are doing a great job. I wish you could find meetings you liked to attend. I’m not sure we’re enough when your tsunami urges hit. Alabama, huh? You and Casey may have a southern drawl in common.

Casey: I know you have been busy and not well. That just shows us how valuable you are to this class. Your absence is always noticed and very missed. Hope your throat is better. Keep leading on.

Clearlyheaded: I think you should be heading back soon. Hope all is well on your trip. Can’t wait until you start training here so we can get together for dinner.

Dee: So, left to our own devices we made a good mess of things. Glad you are back and you should try not to be sick anymore. We seem to fall apart when you are gone. We truly appreciate you.

Fred: I hope your weekend was fantastic! Good luck on the house hunting. Thanks for all of your words of wisdom, you really add a lot to the class.

Icarus2: Glad you came back. I wondered what happened after you posted a couple of times. I hope that one day you are able to make things better with your sons. I only know the longer you are sober and keep doing the right things, the closer you will get to having them back in your life.

Immri: For the baby of the class, you are certainly one of the strongest. I can’t imagine having gone through all that you have and staying as strong as you have. You are definitely a rock. I hope things slow down for you a bit so we can enjoy more of your company, but that’s just me being selfish.

Jemma: Not sure you will ever see this, but want to say you are still in my prayers and I hope you get everything worked out the way you want it.

Kayak: Roller coasters, kayaking and poetry. And sober. A catch in any woman’s eyes. Thanks for all of your encouraging words and for your poems. You always post them at exactly the right time.

Keets: I truly hope you are doing okay. We worry when you don’t check in. Take care of you first. You truly are worth it.

Kiki: You are sounding strong in your sobriety. You seem to be overcoming some of your past triggers. I am really proud of you. Watching you grow and getting to grow with you is a blessing.

Ladybug: You are one determined bug. Don’t stop trying. It took me what seemed like forever to get it. I think I truly had to realize I was just never drinking again. I said it many times, but I don’t think I was really ready to let it go. When I finally was, it was a lot easier for me. I know you can do this.

LillianGish: You are always the wise one of this bunch. You stay calm and you don’t ever seem to get ruffled. It really helps us.

MITA: Glad you are still here. Don’t let moving and all of the hassles become a reason to drink. You will handle it all better if you stay sober. Thanks for being one of the most consistent parts of my day.

Mish: If you are out there and still sober, I think you are at 3 months. We miss you here. Hope you get to check in soon.

Missy: You have so much on your plate, yet continue to put your sobriety first. 54 days, I think. That is so great. Way to keep showing the way.

1StepUp: You drive many miles to attend meetings with friends. You persevere and keep pushing on for you and your girls. That is so impressive. Keep doing what you do.

PeacefulRain: You haven’t had an easy year. I hope it ends much better for you than it began. I’m really glad you’re back. We really missed you.

Pelagic: I’m glad you finally got running shoes so you won’t have to run in your boots. You’re doing a great job. I am jealous that you got to leave this Midwest weather.

Purple: I know you’ve been struggling with your AV a bit lately. You are the strong one. Don’t let it win. You stopped drinking because you didn’t like who you were when you drank. Don’t let the AV convince you otherwise. Stick close when it gets tough.

Samantha: When you get overwhelmed, remember to take care of yourself. You take care of so much and so many people, but you should be your number one priority. You are doing a great job of staying close. I’m so glad you are part of my recovery.

SpaceGoat: 50-51. We are moving right along. You are overcoming a lot of obstacles to stay sober and I’m really proud of you. I’m honored to be your sober twin.

Thirteenth: Don’t disappear. You’ll get it. At your age, I don’t think I could have admitted that I had a problem, so you are a step ahead of me. Keep trying. It’ll happen.

I'm so excited so many have come back over the last couple of weeks. We are so much stronger together! I hope everyone has a great day and please remember, drinking is dumb.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:48 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 135.

Still house and dog sitting with no internet. Probably through Wednesday now. All is well with me. Hope everyone is doing ok. I will catch up as soon as I can.

Don't take that first drink no matter what.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:06 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Good morning all! I slept like a rock last night but I had to take Benadryl. There is something about 7pm I'm allergic to because when my allergies hit in the evening it never fails it's around 7pm.

Well it's coffee and Curious George here this morning.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:31 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Early afternoon check in. I don't normally post from work but I am feeling particularly vulnerable right now.....hanging in still though!!
Old 07-25-2016, 10:32 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Bobbie, thanks so much for your thoughtful post! Love you!
Old 07-25-2016, 10:33 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
Good morning all! I slept like a rock last night but I had to take Benadryl. There is something about 7pm I'm allergic to because when my allergies hit in the evening it never fails it's around 7pm.

Well it's coffee and Curious George here this morning.
Hi PR, my kids love Curious George too ... and Daniel Tiger.... and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse ...and Sofia the First lol.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:34 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

You've got this Sam! Keep posting if you need to.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:43 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Love you too, Ladybug!

Stay close, Sam! You can do this. Good job, coming here.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:46 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

It's stormy here today and Internet is very spotty.

Casey you rock. And you're a rock for this class - thank you.

Bobbie you're the mother hen. Thanks for rooting for all of us and being so personal. Much love.

PR and LB I relate to everything you say haha. Except Netflix wasn't working today so no George or Daniel distractions. And my "older two" have actually been picking different characters lately and the little one is too little. So we are doing lots of pretend play today (which is one of my least fav things bc I'm just not good at it haha!) and even some rain play.

Sam so glad you're checking in earlier. Drinking is dumb. Don't be dumb like me.

Did I miss some age guessing game recently? Immri is the youngest?
Old 07-25-2016, 10:51 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post

PR and LB I relate to everything you say haha. Except Netflix wasn't working today so no George or Daniel distractions. And my "older two" have actually been picking different characters lately and the little one is too little. So we are doing lots of pretend play today (which is one of my least fav things bc I'm just not good at it haha!) and even some rain play.
What is rain play? Do you go outside and actually play in rain??
Old 07-25-2016, 10:52 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Did I miss some age guessing game recently? Immri is the youngest?
Mostly guessing. You are 34, I'm pretty certain.

And, yes. Immri is 27ish. She wasn't definitive with her answer, but, something like that.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:06 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

LB sure is. Twirling umbrellas. Splashing.

Sure am 34. If I wasn't so neurotic with my monkeys I would definitely have a spreadsheet too Bobbie.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:10 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

LB sure is. Twirling umbrellas. Splashing.

Sure am 34. If I wasn't so neurotic with my monkeys I would definitely have a spreadsheet too Bobbie.
Well, good. I get teased sometimes. In the beginning it was pretty difficult, keeping everyone separate. Not as much now.

I love playing in the rain! Would join you if I could.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:49 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Well on my way home. Stopped and got an iced tea - trying a new one called Quince Charming - not too sure what it is exactly. Lol. I avoided going by the liquor store - not feeling strong enough to give it the old Casey-salute this afternoon. I also called DH and asked that he not have any after work beers at home tonight. I am trying hard to make this work.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:56 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Good for you, Sam! Does your hubby know about your struggles with drinking/ staying sober?
Old 07-25-2016, 11:58 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

He does know but he disagrees....he doesn't think I'm an alcoholic. Regardless though he has gotten on board and is supportive.