Notices

Class of March 2016 Part 25

Old 07-24-2016, 03:52 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Day 1's really suck. I am done. I know I've said it a million time before, but this time I mean it. I can't keep doing this. Time for a new plan. I have to believe that I can do this.
then please do something different this time ladybug - wishing and hoping and trying are kinda nebulous terms - make some concrete changes - make it hard as heck for you to drink ....

You can do this

D
Old 07-24-2016, 05:04 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Good to see some people coming back! I've disappeared so many times from here and it always ended badly for me. Glad you guys are giving it another go
I have a busy morning but then I'm hoping the rest of the week is calmer than last. I'm still so tired! Still much easier than being hungover though
Old 07-24-2016, 05:17 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

I love doing bedtime routine with my kids without the mental anguish of wanting it to go faster so I can head downstairs to a drink.

Never thought I would actually write "love" and "bedtime routine" together haha!
Old 07-24-2016, 05:23 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
I love doing bedtime routine with my kids without the mental anguish of wanting it to go faster so I can head downstairs to a drink.

Never thought I would actually write "love" and "bedtime routine" together haha!
Me too, AK

Rocking my little one to sleep now and then I think I'm going to call it a night. That's if I can get my 6 yo to go to bed too!! Day 1 over and ready for Day 2. Night all!
Old 07-24-2016, 06:35 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

You guys are better than me. I still rush through it so I can have some peace and quiet!
Old 07-24-2016, 07:35 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Good night, Class. Applekat, Peaceful Rain, Ladybug glad you guys are here.

Hope everyone has sweet, sober dreams.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:59 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Nite everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend! :-)
Old 07-24-2016, 10:34 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Hi all, was recommended a time back this a good place to catch up with my own- March recovery bit. Have been using the new comer's bit and being a little backward sometimes with computer stuff- took me 1000 years to bump into this site. Lots happening to me- as does with every one I am sure.
Moved 4th time in 10 months- much better place- getting s-l-owly used to not being in 3F mode (fight,flight,fear). Also partner and sons not talking to me- 1 year plus (she wants divorce). Also missing home- all the stuff I worked years for. Plus changes to me- from severe trauma- body image and life style stuff that goes with it. If you check out my other posts- gives a big picture, won't bore with details again. One recurrent theme at counselling sessions is how much 1 miss my 2 adult sons. Been so long and the feelings of loss and love I have for them have not changed- so know not guilt or my needing attention. Simply love 'em and miss 'em. So eye opening time. As usual feel a bit better for reading and sharing. Thanks for reading, IC2.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:39 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Hi Dee. My sponsor said to me recently (very cold rainy wintery night b4 meeting) that he had told his sponsor once he did not have the motivation to go to a meeting because of the weather. His sponsor said to him there would have been a time when he would have climbed over broken glass to get another drink. I think of that often. IC2
Old 07-24-2016, 10:42 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

A good, short read is a poem I know- "Desiderata". Worth a look see.IC2
Old 07-25-2016, 01:45 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Morning all and happy Monday! Pretty fierce thunder/lightening storm happening right now making sleep a little difficult. So I guess it's up and at em'.....time for some startin' fluid
Old 07-25-2016, 02:55 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Morning all! Just a quick check-in before heading home again. Already heard from the AV. After a long lousy day on the interstates my usual was to hit a bottle fast (with luck, before the car was fully unpacked) and then settle in for a glass of wine with DW. Instant relief.

No bottle today, no wine. Deep breaths instead, a little circumspection, reading SR, getting caught up with The New Yorker (one of my favorite mags). I am not messing this up again!

Hey, we've got quite a quorum going here. Let's keep it that way!

Welcome IC2. I don't think I've seen you around here yet. We're a motley bunch but we're going to get this done!

Have a good Monday, one and all.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:28 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Good morning everybody. Nice Monday morning here. I hope your weekend went well! Sippin' startin' fluid and enjoying the start of the day.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:30 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Good morning! Checking in. Thankful to be here for my new day 2.

Although, I barely slept a wink with teething baby up and down all night long.

You guys must have missed my complaining of non-sleeping children.

But I've also said before that exhaustion was my biggest trigger. So I've got to push through.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Good morning all!

Slept great and ready for Day 2. It's going to be a great day because alcohol is NOT going to be a part of it. Meeting up with a good friend and her little ones for a play date and then AA meeting this afternoon.

Will check back later. Hope everyone has a good Monday. Let's all stay sober!
Old 07-25-2016, 05:15 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Icarus2 View Post
Hi all, was recommended a time back this a good place to catch up with my own- March recovery bit. Have been using the new comer's bit and being a little backward sometimes with computer stuff- took me 1000 years to bump into this site. Lots happening to me- as does with every one I am sure. Moved 4th time in 10 months- much better place- getting s-l-owly used to not being in 3F mode (fight,flight,fear). Also partner and sons not talking to me- 1 year plus (she wants divorce). Also missing home- all the stuff I worked years for. Plus changes to me- from severe trauma- body image and life style stuff that goes with it. If you check out my other posts- gives a big picture, won't bore with details again. One recurrent theme at counselling sessions is how much 1 miss my 2 adult sons. Been so long and the feelings of loss and love I have for them have not changed- so know not guilt or my needing attention. Simply love 'em and miss 'em. So eye opening time. As usual feel a bit better for reading and sharing. Thanks for reading, IC2.
Welcome Icarus! It's only Monday morning in the USA so I just saw your post. Hang in there. :-)
Old 07-25-2016, 05:17 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Morning all and happy Monday! Pretty fierce thunder/lightening storm happening right now making sleep a little difficult. So I guess it's up and at em'.....time for some startin' fluid
Morning Sam! How do you get up so early? Haha
Old 07-25-2016, 05:18 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelagic263 View Post
Morning all! Just a quick check-in before heading home again. Already heard from the AV. After a long lousy day on the interstates my usual was to hit a bottle fast (with luck, before the car was fully unpacked) and then settle in for a glass of wine with DW. Instant relief. No bottle today, no wine. Deep breaths instead, a little circumspection, reading SR, getting caught up with The New Yorker (one of my favorite mags). I am not messing this up again! Hey, we've got quite a quorum going here. Let's keep it that way! Welcome IC2. I don't think I've seen you around here yet. We're a motley bunch but we're going to get this done! Have a good Monday, one and all.
Great job Pelagic! Way to tell that AV where to go!!! You're doing great! :-)
Old 07-25-2016, 05:19 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Morning BBG, Applekat & Ladybug! We are gonna stay sober today, right?

I promise I will! :-)
Old 07-25-2016, 05:21 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Official check in: day 18. Gonna be another scorcher here today. I'm so sick of hot weather!

I'm grateful to be sober & I wish you all a wonderful day! :-)