Notices

Class of June 2016 Support Thread Part 3

Old 07-14-2016, 08:54 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Sober today. That's it.
Shovelling rocks and asphalt- dump truck still in the shop. If I thought it was personal I'd walk right now. It's usually not, just me looking at stuff wrong.
Take today, higher power. I do not want it. Sorry for negative posts. My life isn't bad, but my jobs trying to crush me.
Old 07-14-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Day 30. And after the weekend on a family vacation for a week where it shouldn't be too bad to manage. Did two Krav classes this week and kicked with great enthusiasm. Like I am kicking booze's ass
Old 07-14-2016, 10:29 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Day 55. The anxiety and depression I felt when I was drinking has all but gone. I feel optimistic for a change. I am now sure that my mental health issues were as a result of the drinking and not underlying illness.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:02 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Sober today. That's it.
Shovelling rocks and asphalt- dump truck still in the shop. If I thought it was personal I'd walk right now. It's usually not, just me looking at stuff wrong.
Take today, higher power. I do not want it. Sorry for negative posts. My life isn't bad, but my jobs trying to crush me.
I can relate about the job killing you. Not so much physically for me, as compared to you, my job gets me with hours. It's slow right now and they got me working 12 hour shift and sat/sun. When I found out yesterday I almost flipped out. Nothing like working 75 hours a week with hardly anything to do. And they do this ALLLL the freaking time. The first 3 years I worked there I was working over 300 hours a month. That's 10 hours a day, EVERYDAY, FOR 3 YEARS. Needless to say, there is alot of resentment on my end.
Old 07-14-2016, 04:34 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

I'm glad that our problems are not sweats, nausea, shakes, all the other earliest withdrawal stuff.
Maybe were making real progress.
Hugs
Old 07-14-2016, 05:09 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Definitely don't miss those withdrawal days. Ugh. Checking in . This thread is real slow huh? Haha I've been reading a lot of the newcomer posts. That really helps me not wanna go back to where I was.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:32 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  
nmd

Good lord, I don't even want to read the news any more. Just more senseless killing, this time in France again. So sad.

Anyways, heading to bed, goodnight class!
Old 07-15-2016, 03:44 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Day 46 my birthday, and my present to me.
I don't watch news anymore, it's so bad, but I'm still trying to get my life into one day at a time worries. This has been a bad week, but each of your difficulties has helped me so much. I'm reminded that everyone hurts and has stuff they deal with, and I'm thankful , thankful for sobriety today.
The road gets narrow ----I read in a book. I believe it.
Metaphorically it's been a hard road, but to get out of sickness and have a path to follow to do it, I'm all in.
God please give us a good day.
Old 07-15-2016, 04:04 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Happy birthday, JL! I hope you have a great one, and that your workload eases up a bit.

Day 49. I'm arguing with my husband, and small things are annoying me. I'm less likely to let things go now that I'm sober. I will try to remember to drink water and eat healthy, as much as I can.
Old 07-15-2016, 04:52 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  
sober style

Happy Birthday, JL!

37 days done, still grinding away day by day. Really nice to see some of this beer fat saying adios too.
Old 07-15-2016, 05:05 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  
nmd

Happy birthday JL!

Congrats on 30 day tryingintexas!
Old 07-15-2016, 05:28 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  
nmd

Spent last evening making table place cards after a shopping trip for card stock. Worked out better than in thought, and we don't have to hand write them since im printing them out on them computer.

We've been eating a lot of little stuff from the garden finally. It's definately a drought here , so I've been watering like crazy. We have had a lot of the herbs (basil, thyme, mint, oregano, scallions) We had sugar snap peas last night, zuccinni the night before, lots of lettuce and spinach and swiss chard. I have chipmunk and a rabbit causing damage in the garden eating my pea vines and beans. :-/ they are cute though. My tomatoes are all late ones like beefsteak and san marzano so they are still green. The corn is 3-4ft tall, showing signs of flowering, this hot weather is helping it a lot.

My to do list is not much shorter, but I'm trying to be relaxed about it. Weeding, house stuff, wedding stuff, work. I do need to download the guided mindfulness exercises to my phone though for next week.

I hear you on not reading the news JL, I guess it's just one of my things to read the paper. Yesterday was a rare day I had to walk away from it. Not triggering, but the world is sick. I don't want to consume too much time on things I can't control.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:22 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Day 25, and 31 days since my last binge.

I'm a cycling fan, and so have been avidly following the Tour de France. Can't get away from the Nice coverage. Shocking in its brutality. Words simply cannot describe the horror. Hard to keep faith in humanity this morning.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:32 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

I added an app to my phone and it says I'm 39 days sober so I guess my 40 mark is tomorrow! Yay!!!

Been super tired lately but slowly getting energy again. My weekend plans consist of organizing and getting rid of all the Sh!t we don't need in the house. My son joined that FC Dallas select team I told you guys about earlier so we're going to have a garage sale to apply towards his dues. I hate garage sales or at least I did when I was drinking, maybe now that I'm sober I'll actually relax and enjoy it. Trying to plan additional ways to involve my kids in this so I'm going to buy bottled waters, chips and pickles for them to sell while there. This will make my daughter at least feel like shes doing something. My son thinks he's too cool for stuff so we'll see if he contributes. Anyhow, my boss noticed I've been scattered and not myself and she asked if I needed some days off to collect myself. That's pretty bad huh... I'm a senior in my position and have direct reports and I've really not been paying any attention to my employees and their work. I'm just trying to get it together then I'll be back on my game again (I hope). The alcohol did a number on my brain and it's healing and I can feel it everyday. Yesterday, I was actually cutting up with my son and his friend and laughing like I used to. I could see the spirit in my son lift to have me back and happy. Him and his friend stayed at the bar while I cooked dinner and talked to me for a long time. Lately, I've been a stick in the mud so everyone avoids me. *sigh* Makes me happy to see him happy and WANT to be around me again.
Congrats on everyones milestones, lets stick together.

Happy birthday JL!!!!!

Hope everyone has a SOBER Friday!!! ((HUGS))
Old 07-15-2016, 09:06 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Nmd you said it just right. I don't want to ignore the world, but nothing's in my control, so the action of realizing and accepting it's that way, keeps me from being just torn up 24/7 about a sick world.

- thanks, all, for the birthday wishes!

Wife is upset. She's in night school to get a degree to move up at work. She's still applying for upstepping job positions, and really getting mad when she doesn't get them. Plus today her car battery shorted out. It's at the shop.
I told her I'd come get everyone after I get off of work (later than her offtime), but she's still upset I know. I've been so put out all week, that I've no room to chide at all. Just trying to be there.
She bought this car with a lot if miles on it, and I knew stuffs gonna happen to it, so I've just been bracing myself in the back of my mind. Way way upside down as soon as she got it, but I being the drunk I was, was in no position to make a levelheaded point. Lol
I have a backup old truck that leaks oil and no AC, but otherwise driveable, so she can drive my car ( her old one- she hates), a corolla w 200k miles on it, still zipping along.
I'm not slave laboring today, so I'm in no physical pain other than soreness. I can complain none! Tomorrow's off day, then work Sunday on ambulance and Monday off. A good 45th b-day, considering days sober.
5 hrs to go and workdays done !

Soberforme,
I hope the job smooths out some for you.
Tryingintexas,
Good job on 30 !!
Old 07-15-2016, 11:00 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Crap is getting REAL

So this is my second post for the day but I don't really care I need to vent...

I feel lame and boring now. I think my husband is bored with me now because I don't drink with him and we used to plan our "date nights" around having drinks and going out but it all revolved around getting drunk. I don't want to do it but am feeling like he's unhappy with me because I'm not like him anymore.

POSITIVE thinking dang it, I have to focus on ME!!! ughhh *sigh* feeling a little weak right now.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:20 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday JL.
Post 50 times a day if u need to Soberforme. I've been in classes where people did. You never know when your venting is exactly what a fellow classmate is going through or someone just passing by. The last thing u should feel is lame for having almost 40 days. After all you're doing this for YOU. Hence your member name . Have you noticed your kids having any kind of reactions to your not drinking? Maybe your husband isn t bored with you.. He might actually be envious. Happy Friday all!!!!
Old 07-15-2016, 11:50 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Day 56. I am turning 40 next month so I can't help but look back on my 30's. I have no happy memories from the last decade. In fact, I have very few memories at all besides the hospitals and jail cells. What should have been a time of milestones like wedding day, birth of a child, or exciting career achievements, was instead a time of misery and loss.

I close this chapter of my life and begin anew. 40 is like the new 30, right??
Old 07-15-2016, 12:18 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  
nmd

Soberforme, I think it just takes a while.to find sober activities, especially in a relationship where every activity included drinking. Or at least it takes a while to feel normal doing things sober. Post away!
Old 07-15-2016, 12:27 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
Day 56. I am turning 40 next month so I can't help but look back on my 30's. I have no happy memories from the last decade. In fact, I have very few memories at all besides the hospitals and jail cells. What should have been a time of milestones like wedding day, birth of a child, or exciting career achievements, was instead a time of misery and loss.

I close this chapter of my life and begin anew. 40 is like the new 30, right??
I'm right there with u . 40 late September. 30s were miserable when I look back. Such a huge dip down from my 20's and pretty much ALL because of alcohol. 40's is indeed the new 30's. So thankful for good genes that I still look 30 lol.