View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 06:32 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  
soberforme06061

I added an app to my phone and it says I'm 39 days sober so I guess my 40 mark is tomorrow! Yay!!!

Been super tired lately but slowly getting energy again. My weekend plans consist of organizing and getting rid of all the Sh!t we don't need in the house. My son joined that FC Dallas select team I told you guys about earlier so we're going to have a garage sale to apply towards his dues. I hate garage sales or at least I did when I was drinking, maybe now that I'm sober I'll actually relax and enjoy it. Trying to plan additional ways to involve my kids in this so I'm going to buy bottled waters, chips and pickles for them to sell while there. This will make my daughter at least feel like shes doing something. My son thinks he's too cool for stuff so we'll see if he contributes. Anyhow, my boss noticed I've been scattered and not myself and she asked if I needed some days off to collect myself. That's pretty bad huh... I'm a senior in my position and have direct reports and I've really not been paying any attention to my employees and their work. I'm just trying to get it together then I'll be back on my game again (I hope). The alcohol did a number on my brain and it's healing and I can feel it everyday. Yesterday, I was actually cutting up with my son and his friend and laughing like I used to. I could see the spirit in my son lift to have me back and happy. Him and his friend stayed at the bar while I cooked dinner and talked to me for a long time. Lately, I've been a stick in the mud so everyone avoids me. *sigh* Makes me happy to see him happy and WANT to be around me again.
Congrats on everyones milestones, lets stick together.

Happy birthday JL!!!!!

Hope everyone has a SOBER Friday!!! ((HUGS))