Notices

Class Of March 2016 Part 20

Old 06-15-2016, 03:39 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelagic263 View Post
I've already done this more than half the time, so why not do it ALL the time? Well...absolutely!!
I love that Pelagic!! I wish I'd kept track of my sober days - but I imagine I'm around the same as you!!
Old 06-15-2016, 03:41 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Well back from my run and I was able to run further today than ever before

Bobbie - you're a runner - any idea what a max heart rate is?? Mine reached 177 today and I'm wondering if that's too high or just normal??

Off to work for me - I wish I had planned this breakfast for another day, as a whole day off would be really nice. I will check back later!!
Old 06-15-2016, 04:05 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Morning, checking in and feeling hopeful about starting treatment in 6 days! I'm so ready. It's so hard to do this alone. Sometimes AA isn't even enough...at least for me...clearly.

Sam, 2 weeks is wonderful! Your doing great!!! :-)

Oh...I figured out that starting next Tuesday I will be spending 20 + hours per week solely on my recovery (treatment, therapy and AA meetings), not including the 12 Steps, journaling and treatment homework.

Add in exercise, SR, meditations and recovery reading and my sobriety will be a full time job with the most amazing and biggest paycheck ever...sobriety had getting my life back!

It will be hard work but I am so blessed to have this chance. God is good.

Love you guys!

Hope is an amazing thing.

"Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness."
Old 06-15-2016, 04:15 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Kiki - you sound so good!! I am so happy for you!!
Old 06-15-2016, 04:16 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Morning BBG!!
Old 06-15-2016, 04:17 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Good morning gang. Kiki I'm soooo happy for you.
Old 06-15-2016, 04:18 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Morning Sam. I slept in this morning so I thought you had probably already left for work. But I'm sittin' right here sippin' startin' fluid. Have a great day!
Old 06-15-2016, 04:20 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Thx guys. I just feel like someone told me I am getting out of "prison" in 6 days!

"Alcoholism is the only prison where the key is on the INSIDE"

Love u
Old 06-15-2016, 04:22 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

.....But I'm not drinking now and won't ever again! My sobriety started a couple days ago. My RECOVERY and relapse prevention starts next Tuesday. :-)

How are you BBG?
Old 06-15-2016, 04:22 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I am on my way to work but walking today - gotta get those steps in

Hope you have a great day!!
Old 06-15-2016, 04:23 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Kiki - I can't tell you enough how great you sound!
Old 06-15-2016, 05:01 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Kiki - I can't tell you enough how great you sound!
Hope is an amazing thing! You sound great too Sam! :-)
Old 06-15-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=samantha14;6000622]Bobbie - you're a runner - any idea what a max heart rate is?? Mine reached 177 today and I'm wondering if that's too high or just normal??
QUOTE]

How old are you Sam? I can do the math for you, but I think you're pretty good. You are probably at prime rate for burning calories too.
Great job!

Our class is sounding very strong. The more we get to help each other, the stronger we get ourselves.

Have a great day, everyone! Love you all!
Old 06-15-2016, 08:23 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Day 14 . I have the dentist today so I'm nervous. I have lots of deferred maintenance. But I'm staying sober--even despite a weird lunch w an old friend I usually drink wine with. Onward.

Be well.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:34 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 95.

Stayed up way too late trying to (unsuccessfully) solve this stupid logic puzzle on my tablet. My logic was lacking, I guess. I'm deleting that dumb game today.

Off work today. I'm trying to get motivated enough to quickly put on trousers and head to the friends of the library bookstore. They're only open here Wed. and Sat. mornings and I haven't been in a while.

Congrats on two weeks, Samantha!

Have a safe trip, Pelagic! Glad you'll be checking in.

Putting your recovery first in your life is a smart plan, KiKi. And you're not getting out of prison in 6 days--you're not planning on drinking today, are you? So you're prison-free as of right now.

Good morning to you, beerbgone!

Hope your work day is less boring than yesterday, Bobbieka.

I need to face my fears and shame and head to the dentist myself, Missy. My teeth look fine to an outsider but I know they're an absolute mess. Congrats on 14 days! Have a safe and sober lunch with your friend. That wine is not for you anymore. It never really was for you actually.

Missing a lot of folks this morning. Check in! All you have to do is say hello. Bobbieka will talk enough for the rest of us.

Time to don those trousers and face the day. Remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:46 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Trousers are overrated, Casey.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:54 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Want to make a running analogy to getting sober. This struck me last night. If you're new to running and you are running a mile, but in the middle of the mile is a hill, when you are on the flat, easy part of the run, you should be taking deep breaths to help get you over the hill.

I think that when we are newly sober, and we are not having cravings and things are relatively calm is when we should be taking deep breaths. That's when we put in the work to get up the hill. If we don't, just like in running, we won't make it up the hill.

Just a thought.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:35 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Build up those sober muscles during the flat part so that they're there when you need them on the uphills.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:37 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Oh, here's another one -

when I first began running again a few years ago after many years of no activity, it was difficult to begin. Someone said, each day, set your goal on something different. Set your goal on that tree or a specific house and run that far. The next day, set your goal on something a little further. Even on non-running days, I stayed in the zone. Watched my food intake, quit drinking soda. I did that and one day, I ran a marathon.

Recovery is a marathon to me. Each day, I am trying to do a little more. Increase my endurance. Days off don't mean drink days, they mean, me days. Even days off are about recovery. Playing with the babies or soccer with my kids. One day - I'll medal this marathon too.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:44 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Want to make a running analogy to getting sober. This struck me last night. If you're new to running and you are running a mile, but in the middle of the mile is a hill, when you are on the flat, easy part of the run, you should be taking deep breaths to help get you over the hill.

I think that when we are newly sober, and we are not having cravings and things are relatively calm is when we should be taking deep breaths. That's when we put in the work to get up the hill. If we don't, just like in running, we won't make it up the hill.

Just a thought.
Love that Bobbieka!