Notices

Class Of March 2016 Part 20

Old 06-14-2016, 02:31 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Once again, glad to hear you're getting this help, KiKi. I did IOP once in 2005 and loved it. Unfortunately, it was scheduled and paid for by my county probation department. (I was on a year's probation for my 2004 DWI.) My probation was scheduled to end in November 2005 but the IOP ran through the end of the year. My probation officer was supposed to get with the judge and get my probation extended thru January so that I could attend but she dropped the ball so I had to leave the IOP after 6 weeks when my probation ended. Of course, I used that as an excuse to drink again soon after. But I got a lot out of the therapy while I did have it.

It's also nice that you'll have a few days sobriety under your belt before the first session on Thursday so you'll have a clearer mind going into it. I still remember having an absolutely massive hangover when I did my first intake interview with my counselor. Yuck. Enjoy your nap and meeting! Once again, proud of you for taking this step.

Heading to work now. Hope everyone has a safe and sober evening! Wake up immri and Mish!

If you're thinking about drinking, get in here and ask for help first. Drinking is not the answer for any of us.
Old 06-14-2016, 03:03 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, it's been a busy day. My daughter's fever finally went away, but now she has a rash all over her back and tummy. It's the exact same thing baby bug had a month ago. Spent most of today running around catching up on errands. Going to eat dinner soon and then enjoy a nice and sober evening.

Kiki, so happy for you! You sound much better

Hope everyone else is doing well. Have a good night at work, Casey!
Old 06-14-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Just checking in. The Big Bike was a success although I was too short to really reach the pedals so my legs are sore tonight....lol. I did go to the "outing" afterwards for a brief period of time and even though the drinks were flowing I stuck to water....I didn't really even consider anything else.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a day off but I planned a staff appreciation breakfast so it looks like I will go in for half a day. If it's nice I will go to yoga in the park on my way home....

I have read through everything here but I am too tired to post individually - hugs and love to everyone!!
Old 06-14-2016, 04:34 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Two things that I am proud of today. First, I got a call from the place I had a telephone interview with and they want me to come in for a face-to-face interview. Second, the offer letter from the job I accepted did not include anything about telecommuting, which I spoke to the CEO about. I emailed them and asked them again about this option.

These job prospects would not have come about for the old me. Nor would the old me have the nerve to negotiate terms of a job offer. I wouldn't feel that I was worth anything, or in a position to ask for things that are important to me. I would have just felt thankful that ANY place wanted me. Groveling for a job, so to speak. With the help of you guys, and taking time to get to know myself sober, I realize I am worth something.

So, thank you March Misfits!!!
Old 06-14-2016, 04:36 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I am so happy for you Clearlyheaded!! You sound so healthy!!
Old 06-14-2016, 05:11 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hey guys! Glad to be here another day....thanks to all of you! Feeling pretty tired....it's been a while since I've done any reading of "DALS" so I may do that and turn in early.

HUGS and THANKS to each of you!
Old 06-14-2016, 05:50 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Clearlyheaded good for you!

Purplrks I'm with you. Just ate a big supper and I'm kicked back watching BBT. But I think I would enjoy it more laying in bed.

Good night all. Hope you had a great day.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:09 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Once again, glad to hear you're getting this help, KiKi. I did IOP once in 2005 and loved it. Unfortunately, it was scheduled and paid for by my county probation department. (I was on a year's probation for my 2004 DWI.) My probation was scheduled to end in November 2005 but the IOP ran through the end of the year. My probation officer was supposed to get with the judge and get my probation extended thru January so that I could attend but she dropped the ball so I had to leave the IOP after 6 weeks when my probation ended. Of course, I used that as an excuse to drink again soon after. But I got a lot out of the therapy while I did have it. It's also nice that you'll have a few days sobriety under your belt before the first session on Thursday so you'll have a clearer mind going into it. I still remember having an absolutely massive hangover when I did my first intake interview with my counselor. Yuck. Enjoy your nap and meeting! Once again, proud of you for taking this step. Heading to work now. Hope everyone has a safe and sober evening! Wake up immri and Mish! If you're thinking about drinking, get in here and ask for help first. Drinking is not the answer for any of us.
Thx Casey! My start date was changed to next Tuesday June 21st because they want me to start at the beginning of the week, not the end.

I will go Tues, Wed & Thurs from 6:00-9:00 for group treatment and another additional day for individual counseling with an addiction counselor and after 8 weeks into a relapse prevention group. I must attend 5 AA meetings a week and have something signed proving I was there for my counselor and am subject to random alcohol screenings. I NEED this kind of structure because left to my own devices I won't succeed. I feel blessed.

I told my husband tonight and he's very supportive. He just sees me so sad and wants "me" back.

I'm going to use this next week to get some more sobriety under my belt, get plenty of rest, exercise and get mentally prepared. I need to go in with a completely open mind, willing to do whatever it takes.

Thanks for always being so caring Casey. :-)
Old 06-14-2016, 06:16 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Thanks Ladybug! It's gonna be hard work but I am soooooo ready! I'm just done. I'm tired. Tired of feeling hopeless. Tired of being sad. Tired of drinking every few days or weeks only to promise myself I'm DONE and drink again!

It's hell.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:20 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Sam, sounds like you had a good day and stayed strong. You are doing so well! :-)
Old 06-14-2016, 06:20 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Congrats CH! Great things happen to great people. :-)
Old 06-14-2016, 06:22 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Well, I'm exhausted so I'm gonna go to bed early tonight. Only 6 days until treatment starts! Gotta be rested. Thx for all the support today!

:-) Goodnight.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:35 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Sweet dreams, Kiki!!
Old 06-14-2016, 06:38 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Thanks Ladybug! It's gonna be hard work but I am soooooo ready! I'm just done. I'm tired. Tired of feeling hopeless. Tired of being sad. Tired of drinking every few days or weeks only to promise myself I'm DONE and drink again!

It's hell.
I feel the same way, Kiki. It's going to be really hard to do this on my own, but I want sobriety and am so sick of this cycle and feeling like this. Nothing changes if nothing changes, right? (Thx AK )

Night all! In bed snuggling with my oldest bug - feels good to be sober
Old 06-14-2016, 06:56 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Made dinner, cut the grass, going to get in a quick run and head to bed. May check in before bed. Thanks for keeping me sober!
Old 06-14-2016, 07:56 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hi guys, bit of a later check in for me but I had a big public speaking type stressful event this morning. Thankfully it went well and I didn't feel like drinking (I've both used alcohol as a boost of courage and a reward in the past)
I'll try to catch up on posts in a bit
Old 06-14-2016, 08:14 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Good for you, Immri!!
Old 06-14-2016, 09:25 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Quick check-in from me. Long boring night at work. Hope everyone is doing well. Talk to you in the morning!
Old 06-15-2016, 02:15 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Good morning!! Two weeks for me today!! Heading out for a run (although I feel no motivation to do so....so we will see what happens) then off to work....

Happy Thursday!!
Old 06-15-2016, 03:18 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good morning all!

We've had good news from all since I last checked in. Fantastic! Let's keep it that way Marchers!!

I'm heading out for a couple days then back, then out again. But the computer goes with me this time so I'll be checking in.

Here's something to consider for all of us who've had some troubles getting sobriety started. I kept track of sober days since I started in March and, although some of those days are a little sketchy, it appears 56% of them were sober. Not perfect yet but that figure alone is very heartening to me. I've already done this more than half the time, so why not do it ALL the time? Well...absolutely!!

Take care all you wonderful people. Make it a great new day.