Shotgun!

Old 06-13-2016, 05:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lol!

Here!
Old 06-13-2016, 05:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread, Opivotal

I came across some old "notes to self" ~~~ you, know, because when I'm drinking, all of a sudden I know everything....one says "The pub is not a savings account!!!" Gotta love my self lecturing drunken scribble!
Old 06-13-2016, 05:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow this is a chatty group i love it
Old 06-13-2016, 06:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Re-Member

About time you woke up, immri. I'm the only one allowed to sleep in late around here. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Mish, where are you???

Haha! Trach, your shotgun is just helping us inch closer to overtaking the March 13 class in total posts. Not that it's a competition. (But it totally is, right?) Hope you're having a nice day. Always a pleasure to see you here, even if it just to steal Applekat's shotgun seat.

How are you doing this evening, beerbgone?

The money I spent at the pub was a good part of some bar owner's savings account, Purplrks.

All is good here. Watching television. Being lazy. I haven't set foot outside today but it must be ridiculously hot because my AC is struggling a little. And, yep, just checked after I wrote that last sentence. It's 8:15 pm here and still 95F outside. Love those West Texas summers.
Old 06-13-2016, 06:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm gonna' call it a night folks. Dunno' why I'm so sleepy at this time of night!
Old 06-13-2016, 06:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Goodnight, BBG!
Old 06-13-2016, 06:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Pfft I've been up since 6am!
Old 06-13-2016, 07:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Just wanted to check in again. How is everyone?
Old 06-13-2016, 07:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Geeze. We ARE an active class!!! My first class was November 2015 (7 months ago) and they are only on part 11 and we're on part 20!

Some of those people from November have 7+ months of sobriety! Damn...I hope that's ME someday.

I talked to my aunt yesterday when I was drinking. I called her in tears and desperation and told her I needed answers to so many questions.

I told her I relapsed and that I was having a really hard time staying sober again. I told her about my night terrors & flash backs from my PTSD. I asked questions...lots of questions! And for the first time, someone in my family was HONEST!!!

She validated everything My mom has spent my entire life denying! (This is my mom's sister I was talking to). She and my mom are in a fight. It's stupid.

Anyway, my aunt told be that we have a LOT of alcoholism in our family! Many people I didn't even know about. She also said she witnessed some of the abuse by my mom and is so sorry that happened to me. She validated me. She believed me. FINALLY! Someone in my family said what I needed to hear! She said my mother will never change and I need to stop letting her have power over me!

Anyway, she said she supports me & my sobriety and it there for me. She lives in Texas (far from me) but I may just go see her soon! It feels so good to have some support from my bio family.

BTW, NO ONE in my family knows I relapsed except my husband and now my aunt. I've been hiding it all this time! It feels good to be honest with someone.

She agreed that alcoholism is a disease and I shouldn't be ashamed. She said she is proud of me and I'm a great person and a good mom. It was really nice to hear.

Anyway, just thought I would share...

I PROMISED her I would go back to AA and work the program and stay sober.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good for you, KiKi. Now keep that promise to your aunt and, more importantly, to yourself! You can be that person with seven months again. One day at a time.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thx Casey! I will!!!
Old 06-13-2016, 08:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Leave for a few hours and it takes 20 minutes to catch up on reading. We won our soccer game , 15-0. (A little overkill, I know). I did not fall once, and played a bit better than last week.

Kiki- I'm glad you got validation from your aunt. That's so important.

Everyone else, good morning, good evening and good night.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:48 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on the victory and, of course, on not falling down, Bobbieka.

Wrapping up the first day of month four sober. Pretty amazing stuff. Thanks to all of you for keeping me sober one more day. Be as kind to yourself as you've been to me please. We all can do this! Sweet dreams everyone.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:46 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks Bobbie! Sometimes all we need is validation from someone who really understands.

Glad you had fun playing soccer! :-)

Casey...your in month 4? Wow!!! Are you still going to AA & working the steps? Just curious. :-)

Nite friends.
Old 06-14-2016, 12:30 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Stayed up too late watching that British documentary on alcoholism "Rain in My Heart" that I'd always heard talked about on these forums in the past. Truly devastating and heartbreaking look at four low-bottom alcoholics in England from 2006. If you're feeling trigger-y at all right now, I don't know if I'd recommend it as I could see some using that alcoholic logic of "Well, I'm not as bad as those folks" as a reason to continue drinking, but then again the stories are so horrific that maybe it'd make someone realize that's where they're headed if they don't stop now. It's available on YouTube if anyone wants to watch it. Not linking it here as there is some bad language and some rough scenes in it. Anyways, I personally really enjoyed it, though maybe it wasn't the best movie to start after midnight before wanting to go to bed. I may need to stay up a litte later and cleanse my mind with a silly sitcom or something.

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post

Casey...your in month 4? Wow!!! Are you still going to AA & working the steps? Just curious. :-)
Yesterday was 3 complete months sober for me--my sobriety date is March 13, 2016--so, yes, I'm at the very beginning of my fourth month now. I do still go to AA meetings, usually at least a couple a week, but I am not now and have not been working the steps. There are a number of things about the AA program I do not care for, but that being said, there are many things about it that I do love and have incorporated into my recovery plan this time--most especially steps 10 and 12 and traditions 3 and 5. They're some of the cornerstones of my recovery today. Basically I'm practicing the old cliche of "taking what I want and leaving the rest" when it comes to AA.

I like going to meetings for many reasons: It gets me out of my own head and house for a bit, and also it's good for me to see others in "real life" (not that everyone here isn't real) who are living sober successfully. It's good fellowship, and, even though I'm not working the 12 steps and am not planning on doing so, I like being in the habit of going to meetings regularly so that maybe I'll be more willing and able to go to a meeting and start on the steps if those thoughts of drinking do return.
Old 06-14-2016, 12:53 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Stayed up too late watching that British documentary on alcoholism "Rain in My Heart" that I'd always heard talked about on these forums in the past. Truly devastating and heartbreaking look at four low-bottom alcoholics in England from 2006. If you're feeling trigger-y at all right now, I don't know if I'd recommend it as I could see some using that alcoholic logic of "Well, I'm not as bad as those folks" as a reason to continue drinking, but then again the stories are so horrific that maybe it'd make someone realize that's where they're headed if they don't stop now. It's available on YouTube if anyone wants to watch it. Not linking it here as there is some bad language and some rough scenes in it. Anyways, I personally really enjoyed it, though maybe it wasn't the best movie to start after midnight before wanting to go to bed. I may need to stay up a litte later and cleanse my mind with a silly sitcom or something.

First well done on 4 months. Just wanted to reply about that "Rain in My Heart" doc. It was first shown here in 2006. Vanda died also a couple of years after it was made, Nigels daughter had set up a facebook page in memory of her dad, and posted it on there. Cannot find out any more info on Mark since then.
You make a good point, when I first saw that aired on telly here, I was already deeply in trouble with drink and had been for 8 years (but couldn't see it)..then I watched that and thought "I've got a long way to go before I'm THAT bad"..now I'm a tiny step from it, the AV likes making you feel superior to others while leading you down the same path I find
Old 06-14-2016, 01:26 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Morning guys.

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
It's good fellowship, and, even though I'm not working the 12 steps and am not planning on doing so, I like being in the habit of going to meetings regularly so that maybe I'll be more willing and able to go to a meeting and start on the steps if those thoughts of drinking do return.
Are you a procrastinator by any chance?
Old 06-14-2016, 01:56 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Morning! I am up early to go for a run....just waiting for the sun to come up a little

I didn't sleep well last night, woke up with a headache and I can feel that all too familiar dark haze settling over me. This always happens....I feel so good for so long and then a dream or a memory or even just a thought knocks the wind out of my sails. I am hopeful that you're right Pelagic and that my "Prozac" kicks in after my run....day 14.