Notices

Class Of March 2016 Part 20

Old 06-14-2016, 02:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Casey - 4 months is amazing!!

Kiki - you are so right! Validation, as small as it seems.....is HUGE!!! So glad you finally got a bit of peace
Old 06-14-2016, 02:21 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Have to catch up on the thread later, well done Casey on 3 months/month 4
Old 06-14-2016, 02:22 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Morning Spacegoat!!
Old 06-14-2016, 02:28 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey Sam! Still tryna wake up here
Old 06-14-2016, 02:34 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Morning! I am up early to go for a run....just waiting for the sun to come up a little
Sam we are both early risers I guess. But for different reasons. You run. I sip startin' fluid! LOL
Old 06-14-2016, 02:56 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Sam we are both early risers I guess. But for different reasons. You run. I sip startin' fluid! LOL
I'm up early, simply because I have sleep issues. It's not quite 0600 and I've been up since 0300. I'm fortunate that lack of sleep is not really one of triggers - if that was the case, I'd be totally f'd. Haha.

Clearlyheaded, thinking of you as you transition to your new job. I can honestly say that work is one area where being sober has made a huge difference. I don't have a clue how I used to manage work with the constant hangovers - sometimes I'm pretty sure I was still drunk to start the day! Good luck!!

I hope everyone has a beautiful day.
Old 06-14-2016, 03:18 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good morning BBG and MITA!!

Back from my run and my heads a little clearer. I'm really going to be conscious of my thoughts and feelings today - I am too close to two weeks (tomorrow!!) to throw it away.

Here's a picture from my run....I try to take one every time I go just to remind myself of the beauty and promise in a new day....

http://a68.tinypic.com/2cr39xc.jpg
Old 06-14-2016, 03:19 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good morning from my time zone. Fed the cats, brewed some coffee, ready for a second cup.

Kiki, try to use this change, remember this next time. It's a great addition to your toolbox don't you think?

Sam, you might look into Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT). The basic premise is you ID and catch Automatic Negative Thoughts (ANT's) and then intervene with thought/behavior to override the normal response which is an automatic and largely unexamined downward spiral in affect (how you feel). That's something else I should really, really reinforce in my own recovery. The power of those thoughts can be immense, and the sad thing is we mostly don't recognize the mechanism at work. I tend to have an overwhelmingly negative/pessimistic response to things/thoughts that simply should not have that kind of power over me. You can DIY this, but a trained therapist would probably get better results. Listen to me, like I've been such a big fat success mastering my ANT's. Geesh! Hey, there's one now!

I better get a second cup and shut-up. I'll check-in later.

In the meantime, have a great day/evening/night everyone.
Old 06-14-2016, 03:23 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Pelagic - don't shut up!! Funny thing is my therapist wants to start CBT - the thought is a little scary but the success rate people see speaks for itself. I am going to get a little more sobriety under my belt and then jump in head first
Old 06-14-2016, 03:56 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Good morning BBG and MITA!!

Back from my run and my heads a little clearer. I'm really going to be conscious of my thoughts and feelings today - I am too close to two weeks (tomorrow!!) to throw it away.

Here's a picture from my run....I try to take one every time I go just to remind myself of the beauty and promise in a new day....

http://a68.tinypic.com/2cr39xc.jpg
Nice pic Sam!
Old 06-14-2016, 04:14 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Well heading to work. More training today and then the Big Bike this afternoon. There will be dinner (and drinks) after the ride but I plan on skipping that part. It will be the first "outing" that I have faced this time around....feeling a little nervous.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, checking in on day 2. I hope everyone has a good day. :-) I read all the posts and am thinking of all of you. You are all doing so great!
Old 06-14-2016, 04:47 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi Kiki!!! I hope you have a great day too!!!
Old 06-14-2016, 05:03 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Overslept. Good morning. Talk to you guys in an hour!
Old 06-14-2016, 05:11 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
I'm up early, simply because I have sleep issues. It's not quite 0600 and I've been up since 0300. I'm fortunate that lack of sleep is not really one of triggers - if that was the case, I'd be totally f'd. Haha.
This is where I feel like I'm headed again. Lack of sleep is a big trigger and I just don't get nearly enough of it.

BBG love the "startin fluid" lol!

Sam I really hope your running rubs off on me, I need to start again!!

Casey I agree with your thoughts on Rain In My Heart. I enjoyed it. But they were definitely rough off. I could see people twisting that.

Lovely to see so many people checking in this morning!

Tomorrow I'm letting my kindergartener have a skip day and we are headed to the zoo! Hope this works out in my favor to be an enjoyable day and a memorable experience.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:10 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Good Morning, Class! Day 9. Starting my work day. I hope you all have a great, sober Tuesday.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:14 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Day 13, 15 meetings in--16 by noon.

I've thrown myself at this like never before. I'm good as long as I know where the next meeting is.

I'm very surprised at how much help AA has been...just saying
Old 06-14-2016, 08:35 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 94!

Just to make it clear because my phrasing seems to have caused some confusion--I'm not four months sober. I'm 3 months and one day sober. It'd be like if I had 10 days sober, I could say I was in my second week but that doesn't mean I'd be two weeks sober. I'm in my fourth month. Barely. But I'm three months sober. And proud of it! Anyways, it's all semantics. Important thing is I'm sober today.

Slept amazingly well. Not that I ever really have sleep issues, but sometimes lately my dreams have been so vivid that I almost feel like I haven't slept at all.

Work tonight. No other plans for the day.

While I may be a procrastinator in some areas of my life, I don't really consider myself one when it comes to AA or my recovery, Spacegoat. There are just some big major basic parts of the 12 steps that I don't believe in or like at all, but I do like the ideas expressed in AA of keeping my side of the street clean and, especially, the thought that there is an amazing amount of power in the simple act of one addict helping another. My recovery plan seems to be working for me so far so I'm going to keep doing it.

Day 14, Samantha! That's awesome! Hope your run went well and that you have a wonderful day. That sky looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

No matter if we start the day by racing or by sipping that coffee/starting fluid, beerbgone, important thing is we're starting it off sober. Wishing you the best today.

Sounding good despite the lack of sleep, ManInTheArena. Always happy to see you check in!

Post #100, Pelagic! So glad you're back here with us. Are you leaving for your trip today or tomorrow? Either way, remember we're only a quick wi-fi connection away 24/7.

Have a wonderful day 2, KiKi. Assuming you're going to a meeting, hope it is an extra-inspiring one for you. Remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what. It's the first drink that gets us drunk, and it's not the answer for any of our life's problems.

What is over sleeping, Bobbieka? While I gripe and moan about my job a lot, it kind of is nice to work mostly evenings and not have to worry if I sleep in a little. Or a lot. Have a wonderful and sober Tuesday!

A day at the zoo sounds like a blast, Applekat. Wear those kiddos out so much that you all can take a long nap afterwards!

Glad you're sticking to your plan, Missy7. What's that saying in the rooms? "Meeting makers make it."

Would love to hear from anyone who hasn't checked in today--Fabela, clearlyheaded, Thirteenth, Purplrks3647 (who almost always checks in later in the day), Ladybug2, LillianGish (very early in her part of the world, of course, I'm sure she'll check in later), 1stepup, Kayak63sc, fred59, ladyboo, Mish, NotLuke, Jemma44, rah555 (spotted her in the June 16 thread yesterday or the day before but hasn't been in here in a while), Dee74, forabetterlife, Surrender2win. Keep those accountability muscles built up!

If you're struggling, get your tail in here. You don't have to do this alone! Remember that first drink is not the answer, it's the problem, and you don't have to take it today no matter what reasons your addiction throws at you.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I totally understand the 3 months/in 4th month thing. Just like pregnancy. Which by the way is more like 10 months lol.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Which by the way is more like 10 months lol.
Or 18 years.