Notices

Class Of March 2016 Part 20

Old 06-21-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
I second Kiki. Join us. We are cooler than all of the rest. We might make you get a matching tattoo though.
We ARE cooler than the rest! I don't have any tatoos but may get one that says BFCC! Lol!!!
Old 06-21-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Today went great! I felt so happy and full of hope (almost a sense of joy) when I left. I talked to the counselor who is going to be running the IOP program for over an hour and really like her!!!

The program actually starts tomorrow night and is every Monday, Wed & Thurs from 6:00-9:00 pm. She said the people in the class really bond. Understandable. I will also meet with her individually once per week and attend about 5 AA meetings per week. After 16 classes it goes down to 2 per week (relapse prevention) and then 1 per week (Alumni group which is free and lasts forever or as long as I want to go).

I prayed for God to help me be 100% honest with her during the session today and I WAS! I can tell I really want to get better! Finally!!!

I had to get to the point I was at 8 days ago where I just couldn't live that way anymore to get the willingness to go to any length and thank God I got there when I did.

I'm gonna take a quick nap. How's everyone else doing???
Old 06-21-2016, 02:38 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you, Kiki! I wish you all the best!
Old 06-21-2016, 02:38 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Sounds like my program! Good luck with it!
Old 06-21-2016, 02:39 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

This picture was taken fifteen minutes ago, at around 11.20 pm. The sun still hasn't set.

Old 06-21-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Hi guys morning for me
Bobbie thank you for that post to all of us, I needed to hear something kind yesterday and reading your words really cheered me up.

I've been coping quite well I think, but yesterday was definitely the hardest, apart from when we found out. I'm having to organise so much, which is fine, but yesterday I felt really overwhelmed with the mess of a situation he left behind. SO many bills, properties piled with junk and beer cans, legal and financial stuff to sort out. Yesterday was the first time I wanted to drink to get some relief, but thank god I'm still able to remind myself how much worse id feel dealing with this hungover and ill
Oh and I have another dog! His dog. That's what he wanted apparently.
Anyway thank you everyone for the kind thoughts and messages I don't know what I'd do without this place
Going to catch up on some more of what I've missed now
Old 06-21-2016, 05:00 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Bobbie your post made me a little teary-eyed...then your "Casey 101" comment cracked me up....

Then the "BFCC"....Lmao you guys!

Kiki I'm glad you had a good day at treatment!

Gonna get some reading done and try to fall asleep early....mandatory overtime at work was just announced today.....grateful for the opportunity, but I hope to be able to continue to check in daily.

Hugs to each of you, and thanks again for being here!
Old 06-21-2016, 05:09 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Immri, it sounds like you have a pretty good handle on things and on yourself. Keep doing what you are doing, your strength is our strength.

Applekat, I just wanted to get back with you on your slip up. I don't know why but somewhere in that 3 to 4 month range has always been my limit. It seems we are not the only ones that struggle at that point. I'd be lying if I said I was not having similar kinds of thoughts now - have been for the last week or so. Life is a little extra stressful at the moment - I'm contemplating a job change and relocation. It's on my mind constantly, but I won't be in a position to finalize anything for about 10 more days. You know what would ease my mind? The same thing that will wreck it. I'm pretty sure I can hold it together, but it's hard. This group gives me courage and strength, so my thanks to all of you!
Old 06-21-2016, 05:12 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

AK, I made mac n cheese for my little ones tonight too. Rocking baby to sleep now and then want to go to bed myself. Really moody tonight - typical Day 1 BS and just feeling pretty down on myself. But, at least I will go to bed sober tonight. Sweet dreams all and thanks for being here.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back applekat and ladybug - as well as anyone else here who may be starting again...

my fondest wish for you all is you find what's missing so you can turn a little bit of recovery into a lifetime

D
Old 06-21-2016, 07:28 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

my fondest wish for you all is you find what's missing so you can turn a little bit of recovery into a lifetime

D
Thanks Dee. That really is the key.

Tonight, I think I'll have to settle for finding a bowl of chocolate ice cream covered with some chocolate syrup. It was temporarily satisfying. Gotta hit the sack now. Sweet dreams to all
Old 06-21-2016, 07:55 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Immri, that will be one lucky dog to be with you. And Mister Beast has a new friend!!!!

I've been thinking about you and sending strength. Sounds like you have lots. ((((Hug)))
Old 06-21-2016, 08:53 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Heading to bed. Just got home from baby time.

Sweet dreams, class.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:55 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Hello friends. It's been a while since I logged on. I'm 58 days sober and still going strong. Hope everyone is well. xxxx
Old 06-21-2016, 09:06 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Just felt I owed it to you all, and myself, to make a quick check-in. I'm not where I want to be, and still can't get to wanting to be sober more than wanting to drink. I want to be honest and not fudge around the reality that I've still failed to stop.

That said, I want to thank Bobbie for that beautiful post. Spoken from the heart and very moving.

Thank you Fabela for your heartfelt post. Love you too and hope I get it together and join you soon. You sound like you've really made a breakthrough and I'm so happy for you.

Thanks, Dee, for the continued advice and support. Perhaps a smarter me will soon really utilize that.

Applekat and Ladybug, I'm sorry for your recent relapses but I know you have what it takes. Keep fighting.

Good to hear of your start with IOP, Kiki. Sounds like it's just the thing you've been seeking.

Congrats on another prime number, Casey.

Keep it going, MITA, you're doing excellent.

You're doing so well during this difficult time, immri. It's remarkable to see. But do please make sure take care of yourself. It can sneak up on you as you well know.

Sorry for those I've missed, I'm doing this off the top of my head. You're all wonderful.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:20 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
This morning on my way to work, I was struck with the thought that I wasn't thinking about drinking. At. All. I woke up grateful for all of you. I turned off my radio and sent the following thoughts of you all to the universe, God, just out there. AppleKat , Please give her strength to be the woman she is intended to be. Help her during those sleepless nights to embrace sobriety and all of the benefits. Beerbgone , Give him power to overcome his Tsunami urges. Let there be tons of Big Bang Theory on. Casey, Help him become the man he wants to be. Don’t let him be lonely, carry him through the tough days. Thank you for giving him to us. Clearlyheaded, Please take away the anxiety of taking care of her and her daughter alone. Give her a calm in knowing she is on the right track. Help her find the perfect job and know that’s where she is supposed to be. Dee, Thank you for lending him to us. Give him the tools he needs to deal with his unique problems and help him always stay centered. Fabela, Give her a calm and peace that she seems to not be able to obtain on her own. Help her learn to feel comfortable in her own skin. Fred, Help Fred over these next few months to overcome the battles that will come his way. Help him persevere and be the leader his family needs. Immri , Bless this woman with peace. Help her through the next few weeks. Keep warmth surrounding her so she knows she is not alone. Jemma44, I know firsthand how difficult it is to be a single mom. You have blessed her with insight to handle this very tough situation. Keep her in your embrace. Kayak, Help him get through his struggles and find the path that is waiting for him. KiKi, Please let her IOP be what she needs to get through this. Give her courage to let go of the familiar and embrace the change. Ladyboo, Keep her close during her legal battles and help her come through this sober and better. Ladybug , Please give her what she needs to make sobriety happen . She truly wants this and cannot do this by herself. LillianGish, Thank you for putting her with our class. Her calm, gentle voice are so needed in the midst of the chaos we create for ourselves. Keep blessing her. ManInTheArena, Such a strong man. Continue to give him the strength he needs to lead his family. On those days he doesn’t have the strength, please carry him through. Mish, Keep the crazy away from her and let her continue to meet and pass her goals. Missy7, Thank you for giving Missy the tools she needs to reach her best. Help her stay on this path. Pelagic , Please help him forgive himself so that he can move on. Help him dig deep and find his strength. Bless his wife and help her find the necessary tools to help him. Purplrks, Help her continue to do the next right thing, even when she doesn’t want to. Help her to see that the path she is on is truly the better way to live. Samantha , Please give her strength. Help her find the power that she lets out sometimes be her norm and not her “sometimes”. SpaceGoat, Thank you for our Irish-Alien Goat. He adds a new dimension to our class. Please give him the knowledge and the strength to continue to do the right things and please let him see the rewards of these “right” things. Thirteenth, Please give him the insight to see himself the way you do. Let him love himself enough to take care of himself and live the best life he can. Help him become the best that he can be.
What an amazing post Bobbie!!! Thank you!!!

Nite all. See u tomorrow. :-)
Old 06-21-2016, 09:54 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Mish

night Kiki!

and I think you're plenty smart enough thirteenth

time for a new thread tho:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-21-a.html

D