Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 5

Old 06-08-2016, 11:22 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

I've been so very busy, but I've been keeping up on reading, and from the bottom of my heart, thank you so, so much for being here.

I'm heading to bed. 18 days sober, tomorrow is 19. These past few weeks have felt like months. At least I am still sober tonight.

Always thinking of you all.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:49 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Morning all! Just getting my morning coffee before my youngest jumps in bed with me (she does every day)!
Countrygal I love your thoughtful catch up posts each day you're very thoughtful. Painting at to mo is all about the kitchen. Got a new one fitted and I'm still at it. Every time I paint a bit my bf sands something and it needs doing again!
Purple many congrats on the job. A brilliant new start for you. Keep drinking gallons of water it might help the headaches.
Whiteturtle I'm so pleased you're okay. You dug deep and that's very brave.
Hi to everyone else too. Some great inspiring milestones around. It's a bit daunting at times but I know where you've all been so please keep posting here as we all still need each other as much as ever (I know I do)
Thursday morning here in England. Still waking up anxious and sweating through the night but I won't drink today. You have my work on that !
Old 06-09-2016, 02:55 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by purplepeopleeat View Post
Hey all! I am so thankful to be able to come here and get support and motivation from u all. I wouldn't have made it as far as I have. I'm feeling better but still fighting a headache. I did get great news today. I got offered the job I interviewed for and accepted it. On to a new beginning in 2 weeks ( have to train my replacement)
congratulations!!
Old 06-09-2016, 04:30 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Happy to finally see a full month sober: May9-June9...days were getting tiresome to keep track of, I like saying "month"...a month...a whole month...month month month!

I hope all my fellow Mayflies are feeling okay, maybe even great, that would be cool. Obviously I have nothing illuminating to say this morning, just babbling as a way to stay connected here, doing my bit to keep our monthly (month!) group from being buried in the Daily Support section. A good Thursday to all--Arp
Old 06-09-2016, 06:05 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arpeggioh View Post
Happy to finally see a full month sober: May9-June9...days were getting tiresome to keep track of, I like saying "month"...a month...a whole month...month month month!

I hope all my fellow Mayflies are feeling okay, maybe even great, that would be cool. Obviously I have nothing illuminating to say this morning, just babbling as a way to stay connected here, doing my bit to keep our monthly (month!) group from being buried in the Daily Support section. A good Thursday to all--Arp
woop woop! 1 MONTH!!
Old 06-09-2016, 06:07 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

It's funny now seeing all the days rack up. I remember how proud I was of day 1 ha ha. Mr mrs couldn't believe I had done a whole day. Now its day 40 !
Old 06-09-2016, 06:09 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hey all! I am so thankful to be able to come here and get support and motivation from u all. I wouldn't have made it as far as I have. I'm feeling better but still fighting a headache. I did get great news today. I got offered the job I interviewed for and accepted it. On to a new beginning in 2 weeks ( have to train my replacement)
Great news...congrats!!!
Old 06-09-2016, 06:12 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ben83 View Post
It's funny now seeing all the days rack up. I remember how proud I was of day 1 ha ha. Mr mrs couldn't believe I had done a whole day. Now its day 40 !
That's awesome Ben...Day 40 here as well and feel very blessed!
Old 06-09-2016, 06:23 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Just discovered a page on Facebook called Dead Drunk. It has links to the author Paul Garrigan's website. He describes his journey using mindfulness to help him overcome his addiction. You can read about his detox at a Buddhist monastery in Thailand. They treat anyone for free but only once. I think he has a free book online. It's quite interesting.
Old 06-09-2016, 08:49 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Weekend starts now (being a wimpy 4 day a week worker). Feeling more positive today and determined to get out the other side of this weekend sober. Great reading all your success stories. Paint brush out again! Happy Thursday everyone 😊
Old 06-09-2016, 08:50 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ben83 View Post
Amazing Ben. Many congratulations !
Old 06-09-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congratulations Arpeggioh on one month and to Ben and Eagle108on day 40! Keep on doing the next right thing!
Old 06-09-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Weekend starts now (being a wimpy 4 day a week worker). Feeling more positive today and determined to get out the other side of this weekend sober. Great reading all your success stories. Paint brush out again! Happy Thursday everyone 😊
So glad today is better, Jo! Happy painting
Old 06-09-2016, 10:08 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Cool

Looks like a good day for most everyone - congrats to those with so many days - errr... - over a month -- and to everyone still here and staying strong

Feeling better myself, today, especially physically speaking. No sweats, no shakes, no blurry vision, no chronic stiff muscles, and I can think much more clearly.

It's day 4... So, yes, still counting days in a way, but like Muhammad Ali said, (and for me this is the part that's different this go around), MAKING THE DAYS COUNT

Thanks to all for the ongoing support - helps me tremendously! Last night made a written commitment to myself for this time to be the Last Time I ever have to detox from booze again. Because, frankly, I'm tired. I'm tired of the detox. I'm tired of the lies that go with the addiction. I'm tired of not knowing what's happened. I'm tired of the bloat, the sweat, the sweats, the aches, the pains, the unending tiredness, the constant detox after I start to feel better, and especially tired of bowing to the porcelain princess.

Let's all make today count, yes?
Old 06-09-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Congrats on 1 month ARP!
Ben & Eagle- 40 Day Whoop Whoop!
Old 06-09-2016, 11:59 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Countrygal we're on the same day! I too am sick of the drink / withdraw cycle. Think it's harming me more than daily drinking did. I certainly feel worse. So we are now bound to do this together!!!!!!

Just been to my local shop to get some food bits. It's 7.30 pm here. It's where I usually get my wine but straight in and straight out. Herbal tea in hand now. Yeah!

Congrats to you guys getting a month plus. Please keep inspiring us.

I'm checking out the weekender thread today. Feel free to join me there 😊
Old 06-09-2016, 02:51 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

I rooting for Team CountryGal & Team Jo!
Old 06-09-2016, 04:03 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Thank u all for the kind words and congratulations on my new job. Yall r the best. So proud of every one for their sober days. Each day is a great accomplishment. My day was okay at times....frustrating at others. Wanted to slap a coworker a few times but what else is new. Lol. So glad when I won't have to deal with her anymore. How is every one today?
Old 06-09-2016, 05:15 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Simplicity4114 View Post
I rooting for Team CountryGal & Team Jo!
Woo-how - thanks, pal!!!
Old 06-09-2016, 05:16 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Thank u all for the kind words and congratulations on my new job. Yall r the best. So proud of every one for their sober days. Each day is a great accomplishment. My day was okay at times....frustrating at others. Wanted to slap a coworker a few times but what else is new. Lol. So glad when I won't have to deal with her anymore. How is every one today?
Oh, good Lord, if I had a nickel for every day I wanted to slap someone at work LOL

Will you still be working with those same people once your new gig starts?