Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 5

Old 06-20-2016, 08:42 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Prescribed Medication- in my mind- is vastly different than using. I say kudos to u!!!! 👏💕
Old 06-20-2016, 08:48 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Thanks!!!! Yeah, it is a low dosage, and I only take it when I just need to "take the edge" off when I am feeling really anxious about something. And it isn't everyday.
I have lupus and it has a weird effect on my feet and hands in extreme temps ( cold or hot) and stress, etc and up until now, I haven't had a flare up. So, needless to say this morning I was a bit worked up since swollen ankles for 2 days is probably not good. But given the circumstances ( humid, dehydration, overweight ) I am not going to worry about it dammit!!!!
Old 06-20-2016, 08:53 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Good for u!!!!

I will join u in the quest to declare this a no worry day. ("Try" being the operative word)
Old 06-20-2016, 09:35 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Gosh all the things you blank out when drinking loiter in your anxiety ridden head don't they?
Spend the weekend wishing I was back in my weekday routine and then Monday comes and I long for the weekend. Oh for peace in our minds. Time is a healer. That's what they say. Hoping that is true. Thinking of you all. Hoping for peace for those struggling. Take a care guys xxx
Old 06-20-2016, 09:52 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Hi guys the unicorn poo is strong in this one today !

51 days !

Had a long day at work (well.it felt long)
Glad to be home just took my son to the park with his new jeep. That would previously have been a job for the hip flask but didn't even think about it until I got back! could it be? ... am I becoming normal? ...

Maybe not ha ha but still feels good to be on the way
Old 06-20-2016, 09:59 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ben83 View Post
Hi guys the unicorn poo is strong in this one today !

51 days !

Had a long day at work (well.it felt long)
Glad to be home just took my son to the park with his new jeep. That would previously have been a job for the hip flask but didn't even think about it until I got back! could it be? ... am I becoming normal? ...

Maybe not ha ha but still feels good to be on the way
Nice one Ben. I'm sure your son is enjoying his new improved daddy......he'll be a "mini me" on his jeep I'm sure x
Old 06-20-2016, 02:58 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Camery03 View Post
Thanks!!!! Yeah, it is a low dosage, and I only take it when I just need to "take the edge" off when I am feeling really anxious about something. And it isn't everyday.
I have lupus and it has a weird effect on my feet and hands in extreme temps ( cold or hot) and stress, etc and up until now, I haven't had a flare up. So, needless to say this morning I was a bit worked up since swollen ankles for 2 days is probably not good. But given the circumstances ( humid, dehydration, overweight ) I am not going to worry about it dammit!!!!
I'm overweight and get swollen feet sometimes too. My shoes leave marks on them. I could use some meds! My doctor appointment is still pretty far off.
I have tried talking to my brother and sister . They probably don't understand how lonely i get. I have mentioned it several times. They both hate using the phone. My daughter does too. My sister lives close but she has four dogs and they take up major amounts of her free time when she's not at work. My brother lives far away as does my daughter. She also hates to use the phone. I'm sure they all think I am too needy, but they haven't really tried to think about what I'm going through right now. Actually I'm not useless. I have a lot of creative talent and I offer to help in that way with anything they might need. I feel like the grandpa on the Simpsons some days.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:12 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

They're meeting in closed session now
Old 06-20-2016, 05:51 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Just got out - They want me to spend more time in the building and expressed concern over my excessive absenteeism. Said it was affecting staff morale
Old 06-20-2016, 07:18 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

I admitted to personal problems...but did not elaborate
Old 06-20-2016, 07:21 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

so thats the extent of whats happening to you now workwise countrygal? just to work on your absenteeism?

you should be able to do that , especially sober

D
Old 06-20-2016, 08:12 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Well it sounds like I am having similar issues to some of you folks. My anxiety is high and my mood is all over the place. I think part of the problem is that I've had a few slow days at work and not always super busy at home. Overall I'm doing fine, just wish my mind was more at peace.
Old 06-20-2016, 11:00 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Morning everyone

Lonely wombat grampa Simpson is awesome and so are you. Glad your meeting wasn't too bad country girl that a result!

I slept like a log last night. The feeling that I deserve a little drink is still strong but I'm not listening. Funny how I wake up and my first thought is. shall I have a few beers on saturday! We have no kids for the first time in ages they are at grandmas house. I am thinking we just go out for dinner but I think she has plans that involve her drinking.

Anyway we will see. I've got through worse.

Happy Tuesday
Old 06-21-2016, 04:18 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Good morning, Mayflies; it's going to be a long day (solstice joke...)

Yesterday was six weeks for me, and I was a total zombie, dragging butt through the entire day; I actually rescheduled a late afternoon client because I couldn't face working past 4pm; even this morning, I'd really like to cancel my 9am! My energy level is well below zero...

I know it's that vicious cycle of inactivity breeding more fatigue, that totally ironic situation where moving more, doing more, actually gives you more energy the next day. Summer heat doesn't sit well with me; I always feel like someone turned up the gravity, and I become a gelatinous blob, forever in search of more ice cream! Gross...

Anyway, enough about my blobiness: I'm mostly here to bump our Mayfly nest back up to the top of the front page, and wish all my cohorts a good and sober Tuesday; there is much sharing and caring and support happening here, and I truly appreciate each and every one of you
Full speed ahead;
Damn the torpedoes!
--Arp
Old 06-21-2016, 04:26 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

We continue here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-6-a.html

D