Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 5

Old 06-06-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CountryGal123 View Post
Thanks, Jo! Glad to be back- would luv to give u a real hug!
Me too hun......a virtual one will have to do
Old 06-06-2016, 10:01 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I know it takes time, but I really need something positive to happen from abstinence. I'm bored and have that "this is it?" feeling.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:18 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hang in there sick of it! Remember why u came here in the first place - cause gosh darn it, like the rest of us, u are plain sick of it! Hugs!
Old 06-06-2016, 11:38 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hang in there sick of it! Remember why u came here in the first place - cause gosh darn it, like the rest of us, u are plain sick of it! Hugs!
"Gosh dam it".....oh how I love the way you express yourself x
Old 06-06-2016, 11:41 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SickOfIt79 View Post
I know it takes time, but I really need something positive to happen from abstinence. I'm bored and have that "this is it?" feeling.
Stick with it sickofit. I was bored and felt boring too. I caved and feel a whole lot worse now. Think of your health and the people who love and care about you. I guess we have to learn a new way of life and enjoy the little things ((hugs))
Old 06-06-2016, 11:42 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
"Gosh dam it".....oh how I love the way you express yourself x
Tee hee 😁😜😋
Old 06-06-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SickOfIt79 View Post
I know the feeling sick of it! However the positives I have found though is extra cash and I have lost a fair bit of weight. The feeling of boredom is still strong I have had almost everyone I know tell me I'm boring without alcohol even my Mrs. Yesterday I went out for a coke in the sun down my local pub and was sat by at a table on my own and there was a group of people I know including some pretty hot chicks drinking down by the river listening to the band. When they past me on their way to the bar they asked if I wanted to join them and that I am "missing the mayhem" I declined and sat on my own wondering who this boring guy was who had taken over my body. now if I had joined them 2 things could have happened

1 I might have been dragged under in the "mayhem" and got wasted probably had a good time and not gone home till last orders. Said things I shouldn't have said. Been sleazy with the girls and felt embarrassed this morning about it.

Or

2 I could have sat there with my coke being told how boring I have become since quitting drinking. No doubt the tigger eyore transformation subject would have come up again. I would have been irritated by drunken people talking nonsense. And gone home dwelling on the whole thing all night.

My choice allowed me to soak up the sun browse the Internet on my phone read your posts. Enjoy my hour to myself not be hung over in the morning. And save about 30 quid. Yes I'm boring yes I hate being boring but .... when you take a step back and look at all the scenarios the boring choice was a good one and the outcome was overall better. I'm not making any new friends my way but I have enough "friends " for a while

I guess what I'm trying to say is if you can't see any positives close up stand back and have another look.

Sorry for the babble. I'm not much of a words Smith.
Old 06-06-2016, 01:09 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Re-Member

The misery caused by my drinking was damn boring.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:58 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hey Mayflies! So nice to read everybody when I get home from work; this is the first place I visit when I sit down at my desk with my decaf coffee.

I feel different this time, too, WT; I've certainly had my share of false starts over the years. I never slipped, I dove back in with everything I had, full speed backwards! [shudder] So gross...

I also understand the "boring" aspect, in a different way than Ben. I'm very thankful that it's been decades since I was a social, going-out-to-party drinker, because I would miss that terribly. I have only lonesome, sad, stay-at-home drinking to remember, with absolutely no fond memories...but I am a little stuck in my "lazy slob" mode. My daily routine hasn't changed much, except for the hours I spend at SR (which honestly is what's making it feel different this time, certainly not a negative thing!)

In four days I'll have a month sober; I'd like to start making a few small steps away from my do-nothing routine. I'm boring myself here, and I usually find myself pretty damned entertaining! I finally remembered I love to read, and stopped at the lie-berry on my way home; it's been years since I checked out a fat juicy hardcover book, and I'm actually excited about starting a new Stephen King novel tonight...yep, there's a good indication of my activity level thus far...I'm actually gonna move from my computer chair to my couch! The dog is gonna Freak...

I'm happy as hell to be sober, just looking for some new things to occupy my time, and it's just a matter of making a little effort. A month of sloth is enough already! Good day, good evening, good tomorrow to all of my friends here; your virtual presence has helped me enormously-- Arp

Last edited by Arpeggioh; 06-06-2016 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Spelling - sorry, I'm anal retentive...
Old 06-06-2016, 03:15 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ben83 View Post
I know the feeling sick of it! However the positives I have found though is extra cash and I have lost a fair bit of weight. The feeling of boredom is still strong I have had almost everyone I know tell me I'm boring without alcohol even my Mrs. Yesterday I went out for a coke in the sun down my local pub and was sat by at a table on my own and there was a group of people I know including some pretty hot chicks drinking down by the river listening to the band. When they past me on their way to the bar they asked if I wanted to join them and that I am "missing the mayhem" I declined and sat on my own wondering who this boring guy was who had taken over my body. now if I had joined them 2 things could have happened

1 I might have been dragged under in the "mayhem" and got wasted probably had a good time and not gone home till last orders. Said things I shouldn't have said. Been sleazy with the girls and felt embarrassed this morning about it.

Or

2 I could have sat there with my coke being told how boring I have become since quitting drinking. No doubt the tigger eyore transformation subject would have come up again. I would have been irritated by drunken people talking nonsense. And gone home dwelling on the whole thing all night.

My choice allowed me to soak up the sun browse the Internet on my phone read your posts. Enjoy my hour to myself not be hung over in the morning. And save about 30 quid. Yes I'm boring yes I hate being boring but .... when you take a step back and look at all the scenarios the boring choice was a good one and the outcome was overall better. I'm not making any new friends my way but I have enough "friends " for a while

I guess what I'm trying to say is if you can't see any positives close up stand back and have another look.

Sorry for the babble. I'm not much of a words Smith.
Ben you are far from being boring as is everyone here. Battling an addiction takes a lot of our energy and we have less left for the good old public. Youve resisted a very tempting night of casual boozing and flirting.....easy to cave in to....I should know.
I aspire to your discipline Ben (in fact dogged determination from what I can see). I suspect you're younger than me and you hate to feel like sobriety has robbed you of your mojo.....I've no room to talk but I do care about you and want to see you come out the other side. Sod the shallow people....keep at it Ben 😀
Old 06-06-2016, 03:25 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

So I'm coming clean again. I did not make it through vacation sober

Today is yet another day of detox. I really need to accept I can't drink like a normal person and commit to making a plan.

Sweats, shakes, blurry vision, no motor skills today. But I have no one to blame but myself
Old 06-06-2016, 03:34 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Thanks Ben and all others, I will take those words to heart.
Old 06-06-2016, 03:35 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Today is yet another day of detox. I really need to accept I can't drink like a normal person and commit to making a plan.

Sweats, shakes, blurry vision, no motor skills today. But I have no one to blame but myself
((Hug)) country gal. I slipped up too this week Please don't stop posting. You are a lovely breath of fresh air here and I missed you when you were away. I really mean that x
The pain of withdrawal is an absolutely terrifying prospect I know that honey. I'll do it if you do. Together.....deal? xxx
Old 06-06-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Take it easy for the next day or two and just concentrate on detox, and don't dwell too much on the small bump on the road. Come back with a strong plan and we'll be here.
Old 06-06-2016, 03:59 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
((Hug)) country gal. I slipped up too this week Please don't stop posting. You are a lovely breath of fresh air here and I missed you when you were away. I really mean that x
The pain of withdrawal is an absolutely terrifying prospect I know that honey. I'll do it if you do. Together.....deal? xxx
Together!!!
Old 06-06-2016, 04:30 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Quick check in while Child 2 languishes in bed, listening to a Roald Dahl story. He's been pretty crook, but I suspect there's an element of milking it going on this morning.

Maz - welcome!
Fradley - massive congratulations on a whole year! I like that people further on the journey hop in and contribute to the thread. Gives me hope and inspiration.
Countrygal - stick with us!

Plans for today are to do some Guide accounts, prep the agenda for a school committee meeting and try to create dinner out of nothing ... We needed to go grocery shopping on Saturday and I've still not made it due to sickly children. There's some tinned salmon in the cupboard, so I'm thinking fishcakes? Ugh - also just remembered I need to write another report for work. Best do that today, too. Hope everyone else's Tuesday is more interesting than mine promises to be!
Old 06-06-2016, 05:06 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Welcome Maz
Fradley- Thanks for dropping in! Congrats on 1 year!
CaseyW-Always a pleasure to hear from you as well!
Countrygal- glad to have you back with us!
Ben-It's awesome how you process everything out! I've not even been "out" since my last drink! It's inspiring!
Old 06-06-2016, 05:11 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I'm feeling ya all on the bored thing. Everyday is the same here....well except that I don't pass out fully dressed anymore-bonus! Day 39 is almost at an end....plenty of family drama going on to keep me on my toes. None directly involves me (thank you Jesus)...but stressful to the max none the less. Must practice the art of letting go. I'm a slow learner
Old 06-06-2016, 06:04 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Evening of Day 37 here...been a very rough week but luckily remained SOBER so that is something at least. Found out last week I lost my high paying/dream job due to the DWI I got 38 days ago, so dealing with the aftermath of that, legal bills/etc, and anger from the wife has been very time consuming. Positives though are the job was out of town and now back home so had a nice reunion with my boys (1 year old and 2.5 year old).

Good to see everyone grinding through on here...glad to see you are seeing some positives in your sobriety Ben and that CountryGal and Jo are regrouping after temporary blips. Life certainly doesn't get perfect just because we sober up and we still have to deal with Life on Life's terms, but much easier and rewarding doing it Sober and Present.

Glad to be back!
Old 06-06-2016, 11:44 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I'm really scared today. You know that full of doom feeling? My physical health continues to terrify me. The strain on my heart from this off on off on cycle being the worst fear.
I need a plan but I don't know what one is even! Meetings aren't an option for me as I've to be at home with my girls....does anyone have any suggestions?
Toying with the idea of a journal kind of thing where I can plan my day and see if I can stick to it. Also record feelings mood etc....
Hope you all have a good day. Does anyone else care more about the others here than themselves? I feel a bit like that.
Anyway better get my day started.
Jo x