Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 15

Old 04-09-2016, 01:53 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PHRD View Post
Breaking Bad is the best! The Hunger games books were so much better than the movies and need to be read before watching the movie. Good luck Monday GG. No update from Del??? OT I love Gordon Ramsey and all cooking shows. I actually like Worst Chefs in America too.
The Hunger Games movies skipped so many things I was looking forward to seeing from the books. I was disappointed!
I love cooking shows. It's a running joke with my friends because I've never cooked anything in my life. The microwave is my friend.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:54 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delizadee View Post
No lol. But I sure am sitting on my bum just looking at them, the useless things that they are.

Thanks guys. I do appreciate it. I can't believe I've missed five pages of class.
I think I'm going to retry again tomorrow this wagon thing.
I hope you can get back on that wagon again today Del.
Old 04-09-2016, 02:01 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

[quote=gardengal;5895192]last thing i am is rude. But thanks for your [rude?] comment

k.
Old 04-09-2016, 03:47 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Spent last night with the boys and one their cousins. We had a good time. They destroyed the bathroom at bathtime lol.
Wife stay at her moms last night (2nd) Friday in a row. Now I'm sure it's not me. She's so sick and exhausted, she just gets in a gown and lays there. I talked to a sister in law who thought what I thought. - bad stuff. That is what it looks like if you don't see just how drained she is. Life is just drudgery for her, and I got the boys together last night and prayed for her to get better.

Anyway, pizza disappeared fast, and it's gonna be chilly here today so I'm thinking bonfire and mega snacks today. I'll catch up posts asap.

Hugs Del. walk on your hands and get back on here if your legs are broken, girl !
Old 04-09-2016, 03:57 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that Del. please get back on the wagon

Good to see you OldTomato

I've been doing lots of work, with a little bit of gardening thrown in there too. I just bought a new clematis. Do you know much about them GG?

Quiet day here tomorrow with my family and dog, doing washing and gardening X

Thinking of you all, and lovely to hear that so many are in for 3 months with me!
Old 04-09-2016, 04:19 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

GG you were rude, with no apology. It hurt my feelings because the last thing my post was was "self-serving". I commented on your Hunger Games point for your son, wished you well on Monday, and said I hoped DDee would check in, too.

I post when I can, don't remember all the details on everyone's life, and am usually reading/posting on my phone when I am rocking my little one.
Old 04-09-2016, 04:55 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
It's on Netflix, get on it. I love Whoopi Goldberg.
She's good in one of my favs, The Player, directed by Robert Altman. It's one of those movies a lot of people never saw. Check it out.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:27 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Del please get back on the wagon. It took me a bit to get the reference about your legs... OT when you have a new awesome job and $$$ you should sign up for Blue Apron ( or similar plan? You are in UK right?) anyway all the ingredients and instructions. Will teach you how to cook like a pro in no time! JL sounds a lot like depression to me...... She will need medication to get better if its a serious bout and the sooner the better. Its worse than alcoholism - well except it easier to recover- but it completely warps how you see things, perceive things and you get to where you just want to cry all day and not move. Yep obviously had it once. K helping my mom move this morning. Then need to do serious housework. Wish it was warmer here so I could start gardening again and dig out my shorts a d sandals. Wow I bet they will fit great too!
Old 04-09-2016, 05:32 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

SandaS when is 3 months for you? Lets do this! Mine will be May 28th I think. Day 40 Applekat! We are killing this! Oh it was fun for my old drinking buddies to call out my not drinking last night. I gave them the whole platelet story but in a couple months Im just going to say I realized how much better my life is without it. lol
Old 04-09-2016, 05:35 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leezer View Post
My favorite of all is Breaking Bad. I have watched the entire series twice. I also lovedthe Sopranos. I have been recommended Dexter very highly by lots of people.

I loved the Walking Dead but I lost interest after a few seasons (after the Governor). It just seemed like too many characters getting introduced and they would die off so I stopped getting attached to them except the original ones. I've heard it is good again though. The original 3 seasons I binge watched hardcore. Absolutely fantastic.

I need a new series to draw me in. I love them. I love TV, but really only try to watch quality stuff unless I'm in the mood for mindless dribble (and we can all be in that mood. lol).
I loved Dexter and after the series was over both grandsons binge watched the whole thing. One of their favorites to this day.
Sopranos...I was crushing on Tony

My preference is documentaries, so can someone please explain to me why I am now hooked on "Sons ofAnarchy"? LOL
Old 04-09-2016, 05:38 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

SandaS when is 3 months for you? Lets do this! Mine will be May 28th I think. Day 40 Applekat! We are killing this! Oh it was fun for my old drinking buddies to call out my not drinking last night. I gave them the whole platelet story but in a couple months Im just going to say I realized how much better my life is without it. lol
Can I join? My 2 months will be April 27,so 3 will be May 27th.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:38 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Optimist.... SOA is awesome! Best season finale ever season 3.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:46 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

That's great. It's one thing to say no to the the personal AV, but it's even harder to say no to a face to face invite from friends to go get hammered. Well done.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

OT when you have a new awesome job and $$$ you should sign up for Blue Apron ( or similar plan? You are in UK right?) anyway all the ingredients and instructions. Will teach you how to cook like a pro in no time!
I have a friend who's signed up to a plan like that, she's saving up for her own apartment and she's determined to teach me how to cook when she gets it.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
She's good in one of my favs, The Player, directed by Robert Altman. It's one of those movies a lot of people never saw. Check it out.
Will do OOTT.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SansaS View Post
Quiet day here tomorrow with my family and dog, doing washing and gardening X

Thinking of you all, and lovely to hear that so many are in for 3 months with me!
I hope you have a relaxing day Sansa.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:55 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Spent last night with the boys and one their cousins. We had a good time. They destroyed the bathroom at bathtime lol.
Wife stay at her moms last night (2nd) Friday in a row. Now I'm sure it's not me. She's so sick and exhausted, she just gets in a gown and lays there. I talked to a sister in law who thought what I thought. - bad stuff. That is what it looks like if you don't see just how drained she is. Life is just drudgery for her, and I got the boys together last night and prayed for her to get better.

Anyway, pizza disappeared fast, and it's gonna be chilly here today so I'm thinking bonfire and mega snacks today. I'll catch up posts asap.

Hugs Del. walk on your hands and get back on here if your legs are broken, girl !
Sounds like a good plan for today JL, I hope your wife feels better.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:55 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
That's a good one, 'ghost'
Oops not reading enough. Sorry.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:59 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Optimist4ever57 View Post
I loved Dexter and after the series was over both grandsons binge watched the whole thing. One of their favorites to this day.
Sopranos...I was crushing on Tony

My preference is documentaries, so can someone please explain to me why I am now hooked on "Sons ofAnarchy"? LOL
Now Dexter was GOOD. Disturbingly good to root for the serial killer !! Lol
Old 04-09-2016, 05:59 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
The Hunger Games movies skipped so many things I was looking forward to seeing from the books. I was disappointed!
I love cooking shows. It's a running joke with my friends because I've never cooked anything in my life. The microwave is my friend.
I have so many recipes saved on Pinterest, it would take me 25 years to make them all. I love coooking shows as well, but I do cook a couple times a wek. My grandson and I have been making sushi at least once week. That was a new experience for us and he's amazed as to how much mo.ey we save by making it ourselves!

Maybe you can pick one day a week and try a new recipe?