Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 15

Old 04-09-2016, 06:10 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Optimist4ever57 View Post
I have so many recipes saved on Pinterest, it would take me 25 years to make them all. I love coooking shows as well, but I do cook a couple times a wek. My grandson and I have been making sushi at least once week. That was a new experience for us and he's amazed as to how much mo.ey we save by making it ourselves!

Maybe you can pick one day a week and try a new recipe?
The oven's busted and my parents don't like me being around the house too much. Maybe when it's fixed and I'm paying rent.
Old 04-09-2016, 07:00 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PHRD View Post
SandaS when is 3 months for you? Lets do this! Mine will be May 28th I think. Day 40 Applekat! We are killing this! Oh it was fun for my old drinking buddies to call out my not drinking last night. I gave them the whole platelet story but in a couple months Im just going to say I realized how much better my life is without it. lol
My app says that my 3 months is in 29 days so I'll need to get a calculator to work that out lol. We are doing this!!
Old 04-09-2016, 07:02 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

We should start a recipe a week in this thread. Someone posts a recipe and we make it. Sort of like a book club but a recipe club lol
Old 04-09-2016, 07:02 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Will do OOTT.
You'll like it. It's a film about the movie industry. It's one of my favs, along with Tim Burton's Ed Wood. For a music freak, I seem to like movies about the movie industry. Music movies are usually pretty corny because they never get anything right about playing or performing. They're usually cringeworthy.
Old 04-09-2016, 07:10 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Here's my personal victories.
Yesterday I was up at 5 a.m. to get to my conference. These are optional, but attended by colleagues and peers. In the past, I've blown off morning sessions or not gone at all because I was drunk the night before and couldn't get up the next day, and I'm sure this was noted by my colleagues at times.
Yesterday I was up and alert for the conference and attended every mintue of it, and even spoke during the afternoon session.

During breaks I walked (Fitbitted) around the airport, and walked past numerous airport bars. I didn't sneer or laugh at the people I saw drinking....I mostly felt sorry for them. There was no AV because I never got drunk at any of those particular bars and because even at my worst I wouldn't drink during a professional conference. Mostly I just felt glad that the days of getting a drink in a bar are past me. I felt no longing or pull whatsoever.
BTW, alcohol is sooo effing pervasive...it even played a role in the conference yesterday...the speaker had a running joke about "happy hour" during his presentation, and people would joke and laugh about it. I thought it was sort of pathetic, although I assume my colleagues are normies, or people who can drink normally and not obsessively like I did.
Old 04-09-2016, 07:10 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Today I'm gonna try buffalo chicken dip. I don't think there's much of a recipe though. It's supposed to be "great". It's got cream cheese in it. I don't think I can go wrong , right??
Old 04-09-2016, 07:56 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
BTW, alcohol is sooo effing pervasive...it even played a role in the conference yesterday...the speaker had a running joke about "happy hour" during his presentation, and people would joke and laugh about it. I thought it was sort of pathetic, although I assume my colleagues are normies, or people who can drink normally and not obsessively like I did.
So true OOTT!
Old 04-09-2016, 08:19 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

I already ran this morning and I am doing yardwork, then coming back inside now and then to get coffee. I assume I'm going to make the neighborhood newsletter month. I can see the headline: Neighborhood Shocker!! Drunk Bachelor on Elm Drive Takes Out Recycling and Does Yardwork, AND HE WAS SOBER AND FULLY CLOTHED!
Old 04-09-2016, 08:34 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Good morning. Day 66. I'm going to smoke some salmon today for a dinner party I have to attend this evening. Lots of folk will probably notice that I am not drinking. I have not yet decided what I am going to say to them.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:39 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Neighborhood Shocker!! Drunk Bachelor on Elm Drive Takes Out Recycling and Does Yardwork, AND HE WAS SOBER AND FULLY CLOTHED!
Funny
Old 04-09-2016, 08:45 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Hi Badger, I'm you'll figure out the right thing for you to say...what feels right.

I'm off to the barn with my daughter to play with the horse. It's cold here with an inch of snow that fell last night...but it's sunny! :-)

I hope everyone has a good day today!
Old 04-09-2016, 09:09 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Sounds great Amazingjoy, enjoy the sun!
Old 04-09-2016, 09:10 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
Good morning. Day 66. I'm going to smoke some salmon today for a dinner party I have to attend this evening. Lots of folk will probably notice that I am not drinking. I have not yet decided what I am going to say to them.
Say as little or as much as you feel comfortable with Badger.
Old 04-09-2016, 09:11 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

I already ran this morning and I am doing yardwork, then coming back inside now and then to get coffee. I assume I'm going to make the neighborhood newsletter month. I can see the headline: Neighborhood Shocker!! Drunk Bachelor on Elm Drive Takes Out Recycling and Does Yardwork, AND HE WAS SOBER AND FULLY CLOTHED!
A GOOD kind of shock.
Old 04-09-2016, 09:12 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Today I'm gonna try buffalo chicken dip. I don't think there's much of a recipe though. It's supposed to be "great". It's got cream cheese in it. I don't think I can go wrong , right??
Good luck JL.
Old 04-09-2016, 09:12 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SansaS View Post
We should start a recipe a week in this thread. Someone posts a recipe and we make it. Sort of like a book club but a recipe club lol
One day I'll be able to join in with something like this.
Old 04-09-2016, 09:43 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

That movie Ed Wood looks good. I love Tim Burton movies. I could use new ideas for vegetarian meals as my daughter is vegetarian. OOTT It unbelievable how pervasive it is. I watched a movie a couple weeks ago and it had drinking and shots throughout it. It was a drama/romance and wasn't needed at all. :-/
Old 04-09-2016, 09:56 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Hello there.

It was only last night that I learned about these "class" threads, and how beneficial they can be. Well my sober date from alcohol is February 17, thus is this the group I should start participating in????
Old 04-09-2016, 10:03 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Welcome Solid.
Yes, this is the place to be.
Old 04-09-2016, 10:11 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Welcome to the class Solid.