Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 15

Old 04-08-2016, 03:39 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I rarely comment on marriages and relationships unless there's violence or some kind of abuse going on.

Obviously this is not one of those cases.

I think the plan to see what happens is pretty reasonable JL - who knows?
you may think vastly differently by 90 days, let alone 6 months.

There will always be support here

D

Thanks everyone,
The sure thing is that things change rapidly in our family. The periods of feeling downtrodden never remain, and I always find an issue I should have handled better than I did. Taking responsibility, doesn't involve feeling secure, and I've been looking for that I guess because getting sober sure is a shaky ride.
There's just been none, but I suppose that means that I should be more thankful for you guys. SR is it for me. Glad for it every day.

Day 4 cranking up. 10.5 hrs to go. Off tomorrow. Whoo hoo !!
Old 04-08-2016, 03:53 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

JL I forgot to comment about the thyroid - potential Hashimotos Syndrome. Having been battling with low iron for probably a year now and not even knowing why I was so exhausted all the time (thinking it was just age and life frustrations not health) it can take it's toll on a person. This will give her some relief and encouragement if she finds out exactly what is going on and has a treatment plan. When will you know for sure and she can start getting treatment?
Old 04-08-2016, 03:57 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Amazing job sansas! I'm in for 3 months (I do need to finish two months first but I'm not taking another drink EVAH so I'm here) It's funny how your brain changes with time. When I'm in the store and see bottles of wine and look at them my brain now says "Don't even think about it!!!" and seriously - it just does that as a knee jerk reaction. I love my anti-AV voice! Jeni I hear ya with not having the time to keep up. For the rest of us, could you check in and let us know how the retreat goes and occasionally just to offer insight on how it is to be sober for so many months? Knb I just realized yesterday that we need to binge watch OITNB before the new season starts June 14th I think it is....
Old 04-08-2016, 04:55 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I think her specific bloodwork to diagnose that or not will be in sometime next week.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:10 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

JL just break it down into manageable steps/goals for now. Step 1 - get the blood test results. Then you'll go from there.

In between those steps, you can always count on us at SR.....and Friday night pizza.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:26 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Congrats, SansaS
Old 04-08-2016, 05:52 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Congrats sansa!!

Jeni- enjoy your retreat, please continue to post, let us know how it goes.

T2R- I hope your trip goes well, I'm rooting for you and trust you can do it!

Good morning Oott and curious badger.

Jl- I'm realizing that we get thrown a lot of junk in our early days. And things come up that we previously ignored or neglected. I feel like I'm learning to live again, after all, we are new people now. I hope that you do not give up just yet. Like everyone has said, give it time. Hopefully medication can straighten her out and balance her, and with time and sobriety, you will be more balanced as well. Hugs and prayers.

How's del?

Good morning OT, jobei, CnG, apple, opal and amazingjoy. Hope you all rested well!

Sorry if I missed anyone!

Today is 61. Field Trip with my son today, no hangover. Pretty awesome feeling. But it's raining and wind is about 50mph. Tires on my truck make the 1 hr drive in the wind an ugly one.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:59 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

360 have fun on the field trip! It's glorious to go about life without a wretched hangover isn't it! And it's both refreshing and amazing that life still goes on and has its own twists and kinks anyway.

Sometimes I feel all high and mighty about sobriety for half a second - like everything else should be easy and clean bc I'M SOBER (hello?!) and therefore everything else should just fall into place right? But, there will still be gusts of wind out there that make life not so picture perfect. We still have to make our way through the maze of life. And while some moments this gets me down - it is also a good feeling - conquering the little things while clean and sober. Knowing it could always be worse. The grass really IS greener on THIS side and I don't want to go back. Ever.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:40 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!

SansaS - excellent job congratulations on 2 months!

Well said too Applekat!

I'm looking forward to a nice sober weekend.

I will be driving ALL the way to Milwaukee Saturday for a concert. I've asked a neighbor girl who is the same age as my daughter and her mother to join us and they said yes! It starts at 7:00pm...and it feels GREAT not being worried about driving there.

I normally wouldn't have even considered going because it would have "interfered" with "my life"...if you can call that any kind of real life...OK it was real but not good!

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 04-08-2016, 06:58 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Checking in on a beautiful sober Friday. My work schedule is light today with nothing urgent. So, I've decided to play hooky from work. I've been putting off a lot of small personal tasks that gnaw at the back of my brain. Clearing those up, should make the weekend more pleasant. Wishing the best of today for all WonderDoodles!
Old 04-08-2016, 07:05 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
360 have fun on the field trip! It's glorious to go about life without a wretched hangover isn't it! And it's both refreshing and amazing that life still goes on and has its own twists and kinks anyway.

Sometimes I feel all high and mighty about sobriety for half a second - like everything else should be easy and clean bc I'M SOBER (hello?!) and therefore everything else should just fall into place right? But, there will still be gusts of wind out there that make life not so picture perfect. We still have to make our way through the maze of life. And while some moments this gets me down - it is also a good feeling - conquering the little things while clean and sober. Knowing it could always be worse. The grass really IS greener on THIS side and I don't want to go back. Ever.
I agree Apple. I do worry about myself though as I always seem to get a weak moment. I really envy the ones who get it from day one and never look back. I doubt I will ever be one of them but I wont ever stop trying
Old 04-08-2016, 07:05 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

So happy for all our milestoners! I'll reach 6 weeks tomorrow and am with you Sansa for 3 months:-)
Old 04-08-2016, 07:39 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Good Day All. Day 65. Its Friday but I seem to be doing a little better with the weekends. Stay strong everyone.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:40 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

In for 3 months!!! I heart you guys!
Old 04-08-2016, 07:52 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Day 65. I'm in a conference room in the bowels of an airport today... wrong side of tea checkpoint so we can't escape and leave before 5 p.m.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:53 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360startstoday View Post
In for 3 months!!! I heart you guys!
Love you too 360
Old 04-08-2016, 07:55 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amazingjoy View Post
Good morning everyone!

SansaS - excellent job congratulations on 2 months!

Well said too Applekat!

I'm looking forward to a nice sober weekend.

I will be driving ALL the way to Milwaukee Saturday for a concert. I've asked a neighbor girl who is the same age as my daughter and her mother to join us and they said yes! It starts at 7:00pm...and it feels GREAT not being worried about driving there.

I normally wouldn't have even considered going because it would have "interfered" with "my life"...if you can call that any kind of real life...OK it was real but not good!

Happy Friday everyone!
what show are you going to see AJ?
Old 04-08-2016, 09:32 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

Originally Posted by opalblue View Post
I agree Apple. I do worry about myself though as I always seem to get a weak moment. I really envy the ones who get it from day one and never look back. I doubt I will ever be one of them but I wont ever stop trying
Ditto here, K. But let's try not to be envious, as it's a potential trigger.

I had a realization this morning, and I told my husband. All along I've been trying to do this for my little family, but it finally hit me that I need to do this for ME. I don't want to live that life any longer -- it's not really living! I missed out on too many things.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:36 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

JL, I'm rooting for you and your wife. Hopefully once the medical issues are sorted out, you can reconnect with each other. Try not to lose hope. You're both dealing with a lot of stuff. Well done on doing it sober! Be proud of yourself for that.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:43 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Day 39 here. Got my first PERFECT evaluation in 20 years of service.
#soberlooksgoodonLee

Be good to yourselves!
Lee