Class of October 2014 Part 29

Old 04-05-2016, 06:05 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

9 Years, Dee!! Wow! That is wonderful!

We are all so lucky to have you here.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:08 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
You would know way more about this than I do phoebe love, but it sounds like your immune system just needs a bit of a boost? Some vitamins maybe? And I know I got niggles and colds and all sorts of things when I got sober. The counsellor explained to me about homoeostasis. About my body trying to find its balance.

And by the way ~

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ars-today.html

Love you so very much Dee. ♥
Yeah, taking Emergen-C, b-complex, magnesium, calcium, D3... I think that is it. LOL. Oh, I try to remember to take fish oil 3x a day, but it gets forgotten frequently. Because I was sick fir a few weeks, I had lapsed on healthy eating and I am sure that makes me more vulnerable.

I feel a bit better now after tea, soup and advil. I was really afraid it was the flu, so it seems not, if I can get relief with simple measures. I just felt so awful after a nap, but colds can be that way. Hard to perk up after a sleep.

Arbor, sorry your boys have colds. Are you still on your own with them??
Old 04-05-2016, 06:14 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Oh no Arbor ~ I missed that line, sorry.
Hope the boys don't give their cold to dad.
Sending you all love. s
Old 04-05-2016, 06:15 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Phoebe, my Dr. told me to stop taking vitamins-he advised to Google "vitamins are killing us" and that you need to get your vitamins through your diet-the exception is Vitamin D, which he says two per day. He claims that it's a huge rip-off industry. He really tries to stay on top of his game with the latest and greatest info.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:22 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Still got em, Phoebs. Wife is back late Thursday. My oldest came down with something over the weekend and now the little one has it. Appears to be just a cold (keeping fingers crossed). My folks have been around to help a bit and I took the next two days off to watch them. So far I have avoided the cold (I shouldn't have said that, right?). I'm Doomed!
Old 04-05-2016, 06:26 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Sending healthy, healing vibes to all that are fighting off crud! Don't forget the power of good clean water. Keep it flowing, dear friends!
Old 04-05-2016, 06:28 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Thanks Vee.

Nice to see you BD.

What's up Conquest?!!! Hope your getting a bit of me time every now and then this week. I know it can be challenging. It's the little things, right? Cherish the little things.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:32 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrighterDayz View Post
Phoebe, my Dr. told me to stop taking vitamins-he advised to Google "vitamins are killing us" and that you need to get your vitamins through your diet-the exception is Vitamin D, which he says two per day. He claims that it's a huge rip-off industry. He really tries to stay on top of his game with the latest and greatest info.
Well, I do eat well, typically, lots of veggies, salads, homemade soups. Lean proteins. Really, D3 and B complex are the only vitamins I take. B vitamins are typically recommended for those who've abused alcohol. Two of my docs support the fish oil, for differing health issues I have, and I try to get it from foods, so, don't always supplement that. I add the C only when sick or fighting something off. It can have anti inflammatory properties at larger doses.

Magnesium is a mineral, not a vitamin. So, I only take the Bcomplex and D3 daily, as far as vitamins go. I avoid multi vitamins because I feel they just have a bunch of things I probably don't need.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:42 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Just read some of the vitamin research . The ones mentioned are A, Beta carotene, and E. I was aware to be cautious with those, actually.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:22 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Holy crap, Dee, congratulations! You are always an inspiration and a huge source of support. In the beginning, one of the only things that kept me glued to SR was knowing you were here. More than once, I've crawled back here only to talk to you. I have no doubt there are a great many folks for whom you have been an anchor. I am so grateful for you and your sobriety.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:24 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Amen. Beautifully put Briar ~ and true for me as well.

Dee is sure getting a lot of love today, which is awesome.
You have to let us gush once a year Dee.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:25 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks very much guys

D
Old 04-05-2016, 08:50 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Phoebe - I'm sorry you're getting sick again, that sucks! I take a multi, vitamin D, and fish oil. They gave me the B vitamins when I detoxed from the alcohol, but that was just for a couple weeks. Fish oil is recommended for just about everything, seems like. I take it for bipolar, but I've never seemed to notice a difference whether I take it or not. Oh well, it's cheap at Costco so why not?

Arbor - I'm sorry the rug rats are sick. Sick kids are the worst. I'd much rather have it myself than deal with a sick kid. Hopefully it will stay minor.

Therapy actually went really well today. I was brief but honest. Once I broke that open, I was able to approach the issue from a different angle, and I ended up getting a lot out of the session. He was much gentler and more soft spoken today than he has been in a long time, which helped a lot. I think we're cool. Long term therapy can create such a bizarre relationship. Sometimes I grow very attached to him, and other times he pisses me off so severely that I want to cuss him out and smash his windows. Sometimes I want to break up with him so as to end a painful chapter of my life and move on, but it's not that simple. I do think there's something to gain from sticking with him, it just really sucks sometimes. I'm glad we're cool for now.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:53 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Excellent Briar...glad that it went well today.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:54 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Briar, so glad you did well with the Dr. Arbor, you got this-home stretch! Dee, there are no words for all you do
Old 04-06-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

That is great, Briar! Glad you were able to say what you needed and had a good session.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:47 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Thanks guys!

Arbor - surviving the final stretch?

V - has little V recovered from the catnip episode?

The plan for tomorrow was that I was going to work while my husband took my daughter to the San Francisco Zoo. I am buried at work and am getting stressed out trying to keep up with it, so the last thing I ought to be doing is taking a day off, right? Well, this afternoon I got to thinking that it's actually ridiculous that I would miss an awesome day in the city with my family because of work. So I decided that work could go *insert unladylike expletives here,* and I told my boss I'll be taking tomorrow off. I'll suffer for it on Friday, but carpe diem!
Old 04-06-2016, 09:05 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good choice Briar love.

V the cat is still being weird, not sure what's up with her.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:27 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Sounds like a plan, Briar! You live in the most awesome area of our country!!

V, poor kitty, hope she's herself soon.

Up late after napping all afternoon. I think The body aches are fading. Headed to bed, gang. Goodnight.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:30 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better tomorrow phoebe love.