# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of October 2014 Part 29

last part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-28-a-20.html

D
Old 03-31-2016, 05:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Cake looks amazing Briar! What an idea. I'd be into that.

Have a great day guys.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

you too Arbor

D
Old 03-31-2016, 08:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread, Dee!
Old 03-31-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

OMG phoebe ~ I bought Ms V some awesome (ha!) catnip toys online...very reasonable and cute. So the toys arrived yesterday, and I am still paying for that mistake.

She hissed at me, spat at me, and and on it went...last night she growled at me, and this morning she has just gotten very aggressive before settling into her igloo. I put one of the toys in her igloo yesterday...now I will need to wash it.

This is one cat who says NO to drugs. Too funny.

Old 03-31-2016, 05:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Is catnip a drug? Gotta claim ignorance on this one. I don't know jack about cats.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

To be honest, I didn't know much about it at all until I came to SR.

"Often considered a weed, catnip (Nepeta cataria) is a member of the mint family native to Europe. A perennial herb, the plant can grow up to three feet tall with white purple spotted flowers on the ends of its branches.

The chemical nepetalactone is to credit for your kitty's crazy reaction to catnip. The chemical, which is a mild hallucinogen, doesn't affect humans in the same sense as we do not rely as heavily on our noses as cats do. In fact, it doesn't even affect all cats. Since the chemical reaction is genetic, some kitties may have no interest in the catnip if given to them, while others may have an aggressive reaction. If this is the case, keep your kitty away from catnip.."

And having just read that last sentence, I will be sending the toys I bought to least . Her cats love catnip.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I learned all I know about catnip from cartoons

Old 03-31-2016, 06:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ha Ha!!! That is hysterical....I need to share it on the Fluffy thread Dee!

Old 03-31-2016, 06:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for the info, Vee. I knew it was a minty herb, but I had no idea it had psychedelic effects. Interesting.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Oh my goodness, V!! Did she hurt you at all?? Sounds like she reacts badly to it. The cat I had got a little silly, but if I recall seemed to outgrow it, or it was quick. Or, maybe got silly, then zoned out.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

No, but she went really nuts there for a bit.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:35 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Thanks for the info, Vee. I knew it was a minty herb, but I had no idea it had psychedelic effects. Interesting.
Warning: Terrytoons may not be an accurate depiction of drug's effects

D
Old 04-01-2016, 04:13 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Too funny V! Safe travels to Mrs. A today. Good day to all of you.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:37 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi BD! Nice to see you!

I am having a good week. I have been involved in the new community I joined an am feeling stronger in my sobriety. I have not had cravings this week, so far, and am feeling more positive about choosing sobriety, rather than feeling forced into it by my health issues. I have also befriended a new member here, dealing with serious health consequences, and it brings to fresh back into my mind, when I had a terrible scare with my health, and how fortunate I am to have a second, and even 3rd and 4th chance, with the relapsing I have done over the past 5-6 years. That AV is a big proponent of burying reality.

We have guests for one night on Saturday. I am busy getting the house clean, but also took a pro-active step, and finally caved in and hired cleaners. They can come today to do the heavy scrubbing in the baths and on the floors. Then, they can come to do the regular thing every two weeks. A fair price, and about what I used to spend on wine, so there ya go. It is in the budget, right?

I still have bed linens to change all over, because there are 6 of them, and we will be juggling rooms to fit everyone. Also, dusting, de-cluttering, etc... and I have to make food. No menu yet. I may just do mixed grill, though it is supposed to rain.

More importantly, we are so excited to see them! I have not traveled due to the dog. My husband has gone there with the kids a couple of times, but it has been 15 months since I have seen them. There will be drinking, but I don't think I will be tempted. I am in a good place and feeling rather disgusted by thoughts of drinking. We all have to get up very early the next day, because they are flying out of Boston, which is why they are coming here first. They are travelling 5 hours to here, crashing, and then catching their morning flight.

How is your kitty, now V? Is she recovered?

How is it going for you, Arbor?

Still doing ok, Briar?

Have a good day, folks.
Old 04-01-2016, 06:53 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Phoebe - I'm glad you've found a helpful recovery group. Supportive community is so important.

V - my cat, Bailey, has never seemed to react to catnip at all. She doesn't really play with any of the toys we buy her. She prefers to steal my hair ties and my daughter's craft puff balls. I find them everywhere, especially when I move a piece of furniture. There's always a puff ball graveyard underneath.
Old 04-01-2016, 08:07 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Mt cat loved the small bells you can buy to decorate things at Christmastime. I would craft with them at the holidays and the same, Briar, we would find them under things.
Old 04-01-2016, 02:53 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Venus the cat is terrified of bells as well. And she isn't too fond of feathers.
She was very badly abused as a baby...who knows.
And no, she has not fully recovered yet. She smells a spot on the floor and runs...right now she is behind the couch.

Graveyard of tinfoil balls under my couches and fridge too.

Also wishing Mrs Arbor a safe and successful trip.

Hi BD.

That's a lot of work phoebe love, but it sounds like it's going to be a great weekend.

Bailey is an awesome cat name Briar.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks V. The cleaners did a great job and more than I expected. We just have to do some vacuuming and dusting in the kids bedrooms and basement. The did a wonderful job on the kitchen!! I'd only asked that they do bathrooms and floors. I paid then extra. They are two young women, very polite.

About to eat some pizza because I don't want to ruin the kitchen 5 minutes after they left. I feel very spoiled tonight.

So sorry Venus the cat is still freaked out! I hope she is over it soon. I guess it's like a bad acid trip or such. I never did that, myself, but what I've heard. Poor kitty. I never knew the science behind catnip.
Old 04-01-2016, 08:33 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Phoebe, I would LOVE to have a cleaning person, so jealous! Enjoy-you deserve it. Up late for me doing our taxes. Fun stuff. Time to relax and wind down.