Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part 5

Old 03-30-2016, 10:18 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Had my surgery yesterday

Was only supposed to,be one night and am now encouraging problems. This is bah far worse than when I had all my kids via c section. Can't manage the pain and am having shortness of breath. But now I'm on day 3 of no drinking. I,will try and keep it up,when I'm out of the hospital which I should have already. No pain meds are working for me and they are a hard time just getting my pain below a 9. I just want to be home already I didn't even get to,see my kids today since I'm kind of far. I wish an easy procedure that what I was supposed to,have would have just been easy with no,problems.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:21 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Thank you, Renew. I have to make myself stay connected even when I feel like isolating. This group is great. There is a lot of knowledge, experience and tool sharing here! Time to try and sleep, it's after midnight. Will check in in the morning!
Old 03-30-2016, 10:23 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Hugs Keets!!! I hope they can figure out something for your pain. Speedy healing!
Old 03-30-2016, 10:24 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Keets View Post
Was only supposed to,be one night and am now encouraging problems. This is bah far worse than when I had all my kids via c section. Can't manage the pain and am having shortness of breath. But now I'm on day 3 of no drinking. I,will try and keep it up,when I'm out of the hospital which I should have already. No pain meds are working for me and they are a hard time just getting my pain below a 9. I just want to be home already I didn't even get to,see my kids today since I'm kind of far. I wish an easy procedure that what I was supposed to,have would have just been easy with no,problems.
That doesn't sound good. Please stay until, your Dr's can control your pain. Home will be waiting for you. I pray your pain subsides soon, with healing.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:45 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by clearlyheaded View Post
Thank you, Renew. I have to make myself stay connected even when I feel like isolating. This group is great. There is a lot of knowledge, experience and tool sharing here! Time to try and sleep, it's after midnight. Will check in in the morning!

I know. Its a lonely disease. One that tells you, you don't have one. I'm good at isolating. I didn't want to join this class. I knew that my life depended on it. I'm really glad I did tho. I read here a lot before I joined.

Sleep good love. See you tom.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:48 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your milestones whatalaska simply fab Kiki notluke Casey Joe, surrender2win, FABL simplyfab Applekat gardengirl clearheaded and apologies to anyone I missed - not intentional.

thanks for you awesome post Kiki
I hope your day is better today Samantha

welcome back beerbgone and welcome Kayak63sc

I'm sorry for your pain Keets -= I hope you see a big improvement in the next 24 hours
Regarding the recovery plan link:

I post it whenever I feel it's relevant, and I try to bump it as much as I can without it becoming a nuisance I think that's a better way to go than a sticky post, myself? People's eyes glaze over at sticky posts.

and just a reminder - please no commercial links. Amazon is a great place but it sells stuff...so it's commercial, and I have to mess with it to make it fit the rules.

No big drama - just wanted to remind y'all

I hope you hit a meeting Immri!

D
Old 03-30-2016, 10:54 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Regarding the recovery plan link:

I post it whenever I feel it's relevant, and I try to bump it as much as I can without it becoming a nuisance I think that's a better way to go than a sticky post, myself? People's eyes glaze over at sticky posts.

and just a reminder - please no commercial links. Amazon is a great place but it sells stuff...so it's commercial, and I have to mess with it to make it fit the rules.

No big drama - just wanted to remind y'all
I'm sorry Dee. I'm confused. Are you talking about my mention of Today's Thought? I didn't post link, just summarized a bit. Then I posted the link from SR on mindfullness. Some peaceful images. When you have time.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:04 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  
Administrator

No Renew. Your quote and link was fine.

I had to read about 7 pages before I posted

It was an Amazon link which is no longer there cos I fixed it

D
Old 03-31-2016, 12:04 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Day 3 - 8 02 am UK time. Was in exact same boat last week with day 3.messed up at weekend . If I hadn't drank if have felt a whole load better today. Ate a ton of food last night , slept poorly. Good having no hangover or guilty conscience for work. Red eyes and fear I stink of fumes. So I'm determined this weekend to be booze free and by next Thursday I'll feel a whole load better. Hope everyone has a great day and the birds are singing wherever you are x
Old 03-31-2016, 01:56 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Day 3 for me aswell azure. 9.55am UK time, feeling more positive with every passing day but still can't get get over the way I am when I drink, I'm still riddled with fear and anxiety at the moment, I know staying sober is the only way to really recover and feel normal again so that is my main goal everyday.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:05 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

6:00am - Still no plan...this is awful! I was doing so well and and I really made a huge mistake. I do have my list of job that I am applying for today. I really think that having somewhere to go everyday and not feeling so stressed about having a job will help keep my mind occupied.

Renew12-thank you for reminding me of the link CaseyW sent and the well wishes for my husband. He is really suffering in pain right now and I can't wait until it's over.

Try to enjoy your day everyone!
Old 03-31-2016, 03:14 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for your inspiring and honest posts to wake up to here this morning. I woke up feeling grateful and committed to staying sober, and reading this thread just made my heart soar even more.

I typically don't post weekday mornings because I don't have much time to reply to posts, etc...but that's really just one of those things that I put too much pressure on myself about, and end up sabotaging myself, because then I don't post, don't stay connected, feel like I don't belong, and then when a craving hits, I don't feel comfortable posting. All part of the the cycle. Trying to change that. So I'm here now explaining and saying good morning. ...
Nothing changes if nothing changes, right?
Wishing everyone a nice Sober Thursday
Old 03-31-2016, 03:24 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Day 16.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:41 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Well I am waking up to day 7 this morning. I did not drink yesterday despite feeling overwhelmed and out of control. I am going into work a little late this morning - my favorite tea shop opens at 8am and I feel like a "treat" - and I am leaving early today too.....just trying to take care of myself a little....and to avoid the "party" at work.

Happy Friday Jr. all!!

Keets -I hope you are feeling better today!!

Kwhite - Good luck on the job hunt!
Old 03-31-2016, 03:45 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

I'm having a really, really bad day. Hope that you guys can manage to have a great, sober day.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:57 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Fabela - hold on!! 16 days is amazing!! We are here to support you!!!
Old 03-31-2016, 04:00 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Fabela - hold on!! 16 days is amazing!! We are here to support you!!!
I'm holding on. That's why I'm here, and I'm planning to be here as much as I can today.
Old 03-31-2016, 04:50 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

ChickChick and Ladybug2, where are you?
Old 03-31-2016, 04:51 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Hi guys, busy day. Day 8. I am going to an AA meeting and my sponsor will be getting her coin for 39 years of sobriety! She got sober in her 30's. She's so sweet. I really do love her.

Anyway, I am going to have to catch up on all the posts later this afternoon but I just wanted to wish all of you a sober, happy day.

I will not drink for the next 24 hours & I am ready for another AV butt kicking if "it" comes back today!

Love u guys! :-)
Old 03-31-2016, 04:52 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  
Administrator

do you have anything you do for anxiety Fabela - apart from the destructive drinking type stuff, I mean?

D