Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 10

Old 03-16-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Get out of there, knb. Definitely not worth it. You know the feeling....drinking isn't all that. It's actually sort of a crappy high.
Please leave the store.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Del. that is very close to AVRT. I used that in the beggining, it helped.

Knnb, I wish I could send you a pic of my ravished face after last night's episode. I'm told I look quite a bit younger than my years when sober. Today a puffy wrinkled mess looked back at me.

Have to call out work today because I feel like garbage/trash/rubbish (covering the continents here) Don't do the same. I'm going to read all over this site again today, try that? The main board, the stickies.

Not worth it!
Old 03-16-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
I am in the supermarket everyone. Done this before. Gonna have a long think while looking at it
Leave now
Old 03-16-2016, 09:20 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

And good morning all my wonderdoodles! Happy hump day!
It's a good thing Dee reminded us of the rules. While I got some great chuckles yesterday I was also thinking how I have such a dirty gutter mind and I swear like a sailor... trying to curb that as its not becoming behavior around a 3 year old.
Although my mind is jolly good company when in fine sailor for, and I forget sometimes how much I walk around talking, muttering and swearing to myself until I'm out at the grocery store dropping f bombs freely... I'm terrible. Haha.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:25 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Yes knb you've been there before and you pulled through! You will this time too. Grab a fizzy water or a fun new flavor of Ben and Jerry's k? I have plain old boring vanilla, help me live vicariously through you!
Old 03-16-2016, 09:27 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Well crap. I posted 3 posts. None of them went through and the things locked down for half an hr. Nothing will load.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:29 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

knb, Ben and Jerry Phishfood or Cherry Garcia. Get that instead of raunchy wine.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:30 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

That's cool Sadie I'm sorry you're having such a crap day but today is a new day you can do this!
Ah yes, I recall well no matter how long it had been since I last drank my body would puff up after a drinking session and I'd look a train wreck. I hope you mend quickly.
I kind of figured it probably wasn't something new, I never really looked into other recovery methods. I just tend to float towards whatever seems to do the trick for keeping me sober at the time. Although it's on my list to learn all the methods, whether actively or by osmosis lol.
The first couple weeks when I had bad cravings I killed them by going through the motions of drinking, either by pouring out a shot of water into juice or slugging water right out of the vodka bottle. It seemed desperate at the time, but it kept me sober!
Knb, if you're still with us considerin in the super market, why don't you STOP thinking and grab a bottle of NON alcoholic wine? Juice? Pop?
The choice is still in your hands love grab something yummy and slightly decadent like a sparkling juice, go home, pour it in a wine glass if you must, and treat yourself to a nice warm bath and sip on your juice?
Old 03-16-2016, 09:31 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Same thing happened to me JL. I had to copy and paste my long post and shut down the open browsers.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:32 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

We CAN do it. It IS hard. It DOES suck.

Isn't it like 6 months to a year before we return to "as normal" as were gonna get from yrs of drinking damage. ??
Hold on KNB . You have a future and it's not a drunk one.

------ " double secret probation" ....... Only time I've smiled today.
"Fat , drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son".

Sadie, thank you for caring, and insight.
If it wasn't for my kids I'd probably be Harrie Karrie by now. I'm sick of feeling like crap. Real life sucks.
I've done most of it drink apparently
Old 03-16-2016, 09:34 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

I found a celebrate recovery group close to me. I think it's for addiction. No idea really though.

May try it next week.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:45 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

JL, I really think you are doing splendidly! I very much understand how you feel. All the crap I was drinking over is very much still there and very crappy and about 100 times worse. Some days I feel like Eeyore. But our drinking has solved nothing, and really we have done amazing things here haven't we?!
It's very easy to get down on ourselves about past and present troubles- I do it all day long. I think about my two oldest kids all the time and I'm filled with so much regret and sadness and anger and shame over it. But I keep thinking back to what Dee said... the past is gone, we can't change it. But today and every today we can choose to live each day as a living amends and work towards building new, happier memories.
Life is not always easy but it can be infinitely better when we live a conscious and humble life and let go of the things we can't control.
You are doing so well in my eyes, and I hope in time your wife comes around to feel that too. Keep on taking care of you!
Old 03-16-2016, 09:59 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

I had an idea the other day that I was going to start a sobriety box. So today I'm finally motivated to start it. I've put pictures and mementos of meaningful things in it along with my journal and a gratitude journal. I tucked a bit of money in too. I'm going to add to it every day. I'm liking it so far
Old 03-16-2016, 09:59 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
knb, Ben and Jerry Phishfood or Cherry Garcia. Get that instead of raunchy wine.
half baked
Old 03-16-2016, 10:03 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Del - You're like the 'drunk whisperer' today. Thank you for sharing your insights.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:10 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
Del - You're like the 'drunk whisperer' today. Thank you for sharing your insights.
"Drunk whisperer" :

I just spit coffee all over my keyboard.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:19 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

OK. I am home and just devoured chocolate cake but it's still not blasted working I am reading everyone's posts and thanks so much for yoir support. But omg this AV is superman strong.
I am collecting my son in ten mins abd will be passing another supermarket. I hate the weight I have put on!! All this sugar to combat my cravings. I feel and look awful.
I know. I know. I am moaning and sitting on the pity pot.

Please don't judge me if I fail because I really don't know if I can be strong. I almost need to drink to get it out my system :-////
Old 03-16-2016, 10:19 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Lolol omg that is awesome and thank you!
It helps me to help myself too by reflecting on what's working and what's not working for bothe myself and others.
I never really realized how I was thinking things through until I typed it out. The truth is that I'm such a lazy person and I had to find ways to make the mental processes easier and basic enough for my simple mind to snap out of it and redirect. Took some work at first to reframe things in my head but really it was just a lot of reading, listening and thinking.
I know the thoughts of drinking will never totally go away. So I give and take whatever I can when I can.
You guys have brightened up my life so much.
That if I was rich I would come and sit on knb right now until the feelings passed. lol
Old 03-16-2016, 10:22 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

And I know I am talking a load of baloney but what do you expect from an Alki :-(

I really don't know how some people stop drinking forever. I can't do it or more like I don't want to do it
Old 03-16-2016, 10:23 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Right. Got to collect my son. Oh god