Notices

Class of February 2016 Part 10

Old 03-15-2016, 10:29 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Oott.....

I keep reading Step 2. And I. Can't. Stop. Laughing.
Old 03-15-2016, 11:04 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi Sadie, are you still around?

Were you drinking today?

Come on Sadie, dig deep and pull yourself together, no drinking tomorrow, ok!

Watching too many depressing 'state of nation' programmes and cable news would make anybody sick with worry. I think you may need to turn it off and step away. How about going to bed an hour or 2 before you normally go to sleep and reading something uplifting? Make a cup of tea or ice tea, go to bed and read.

I would hate to think that you use the bad state of the nation and your worried feelings about it as an excuse to drink alcohol. Dont do that Sadie. Don't fall for that old trick.

Its a real cop out to say a person might as well get drunk because things are so bad around them. You know that's utter rubbish. If that were true then EVERYBODY might as well get drunk all day everyday because everybody has problems, worries, stresses, troubles etc. BUT everybody doesn't get drunk all day everyday do they. Most people handle issues without trying to blur them away temporarily with drugs or alcohol.

As for your marriage, accidents and fear of cats. All of those things will vastly improve if you remain sober long term / permanently.

Do ONE thing at a time. You need to do the most important thing first, which stay sober long term. You can do it.
Old 03-15-2016, 11:25 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hey OT

Stay well away from ANYBODY who takes issue with your sexuality. NOBODY has the right to judge you (or anybody) for that. We aren't living in the middle ages. I wouldn't allow ANYBODY to look down their nose at me, or think I was mentally ill, or whatever they think, just because I was gay!
Old 03-15-2016, 11:32 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Hi Sadie, sorry for the late response.
1. Marriage. You're staying in the marriage because you're afraid of alcohol related accidents, and you don't want to be eaten by felines if you died alone. Not sure if you're serious about this, but here goes: if you stick with SR you'll be sober, thus eliminating drunken accidents. Only after you've been sober should you evaluate your marriage and whether you want to stay in it. Until then, you're acting out of fear, which is how people make serious mistakes.
2. Being eaten by cats: after you're sober, you can avoid drunken falls, so being eaten becomes a more remote possibility.
3. Politics (I assume that's what you're talking about): GET RID OF YOUR ******* TV, ESPECIALLY THE CABLE ***** It's all ******** and I believe that you're making yourself sick by paying attention to that crap. Just ******* throw out your TV. I got rid of TV three years ago, and even though I was barely functional due to drinking, I nevertheless felt mentally better after I pulled the plug. Especially the cable news ****, which is toxic and mentally damaging. You may be concerned about the state of the country, but you;re just making yourself sick worrying about it.
Also, your preoccupation with politics is a form of avoidance or procrastination. Your only job is to get sober and stay sober, not to worry about some high functioning socieopathical politician. By worrying about that sh!t, you're just avoiding your own problems, so don't do it.
OOTT - teacher had to edit quite a lot of your 'strong' language. Lucky you didn't get detention after school. lol. What you say is true though.
Old 03-15-2016, 11:48 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PHRD View Post
Oh tomorrows day 17. :-)
Yay! Keep it up!
Old 03-15-2016, 11:53 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Good morning all.

Just reading back through the posts this morning. Sorry I don't manage to keep up with you all, but life is so busy. With the AA thing, it is just SUGGESTED that women keep to women and men to men with sponsoring. Of course that makes it difficult when you are attracted to the same sex!

My thoughts are that I personally wouldn't care who it was sponsoring me, as long as they carried the message and took me through the steps properly. I've just recently got a new sponsor and we are working together one night a week. She is kind and caring and serious about recovery. That's all I need. We don't have to be best friends or anything. In fact I'm very wary of forming too close an attachment to her, because...well she is an alkie after all...and my last one relapsed after 7 years and then fired me. That still hurts a lot.

Anyway, I'm sorry for your pain Sadie. Getting sober seems to uncover problems that we drank to numb ourselves from. I know it did for me. When I sobered up the first time, I had to seek counselling and that really helped. I don't think I was ready to face anything whilst I was newly sober...it takes a while for the fog to clear.

Stay close. We are all in this together.

Ugh, I've got a horrible meeting with a stroppy parent today (I work in a school). I'm hoping she has forgotten about it...but I'm managing my stress levels much better this week, so it should be ok.

Have a good day my friends ❤️
Old 03-16-2016, 12:38 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
OOTT - teacher had to edit quite a lot of your 'strong' language. Lucky you didn't get detention after school. lol.
Yeah, thats so not the deal here.

I wasn't going to mention it because the passive aggression I get in return is often more trouble than it's worth ....but one of the rules here is the family friendly worksafe rule.

9. If it shouldn't be viewed by minors, then it shouldn’t be posted to the forums or chat rooms. This is a public, family-friendly forum. In addition, if something would not be considered “work safe” (to a boss or co-worker), then it shouldn’t be posted.
It is against the rules to circumvent the automatic censor, including the chat filter.
The filter is used to help prevent inappropriate or vulgar content from being posted on the forums or into chat. Please do not attempt to bypass this filter by using symbols, !@#$%^&*(), spaces, or any other methods of attempting to reveal a word that would otherwise be blocked by the filtering system.
It's our attempt to make SR as welcoming as possible for everyone - from Grandmas down to teenagers,

This thread may just be someones first experience of SR

Now everyone knows the rule, I'd really appreciate it if you follow it.

thanks

Dee
SR
Old 03-16-2016, 12:52 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Oh I wasn't offended or complaining. But I wasn't aware that you cant use symbols, but I see why. Ive done it a couple of times (using symbols) but I wont do it anymore. Sorry about that Dee.
Old 03-16-2016, 12:53 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Congratulations to OT on 30 days!!!!🎊
Massive milestone. Well done x
Old 03-16-2016, 12:55 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Morning all! One month today!! I'm thinking back to that second visit to my doctor because I'd been having convulsions with my withdrawal. I was a nervous, suicidal wreck and I was trying to hold my hands down because they were wracked with tremors. It's hard to believe that was all not that long ago. There's no way I want to go back to that!
Old 03-16-2016, 12:55 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
Congratulations to OT on 30 days!!!!🎊
Massive milestone. Well done x
30 days tomorrow, I cheated by quitting in February.
Old 03-16-2016, 12:59 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldTomato View Post
Morning all! One month today!! I'm thinking back to that second visit to my doctor because I'd been having convulsions with my withdrawal. I was a nervous, suicidal wreck and I was trying to hold my hands down because they were wracked with tremors. It's hard to believe that was all not that long ago. There's no way I want to go back to that!
Congrats OT!

Wow to your brief story. You have certainly come a long way. Enjoy your cake love, you deserve it, make a right glutton of yourself lol
Old 03-16-2016, 01:00 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

30 days tomorrow, I cheated by quitting in February.
Lol. I will say at the same thing tomorrow then. Need a coffee and catch up with all these posts. Congrats anywat
Old 03-16-2016, 01:01 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Good Morning knb and OT

Good Night knb and OT (its bedtime for me)

What time is it in England?
Old 03-16-2016, 01:02 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
Good morning all.

Just reading back through the posts this morning. Sorry I don't manage to keep up with you all, but life is so busy. With the AA thing, it is just SUGGESTED that women keep to women and men to men with sponsoring. Of course that makes it difficult when you are attracted to the same sex!

My thoughts are that I personally wouldn't care who it was sponsoring me, as long as they carried the message and took me through the steps properly. I've just recently got a new sponsor and we are working together one night a week. She is kind and caring and serious about recovery. That's all I need. We don't have to be best friends or anything. In fact I'm very wary of forming too close an attachment to her, because...well she is an alkie after all...and my last one relapsed after 7 years and then fired me. That still hurts a lot.

Anyway, I'm sorry for your pain Sadie. Getting sober seems to uncover problems that we drank to numb ourselves from. I know it did for me. When I sobered up the first time, I had to seek counselling and that really helped. I don't think I was ready to face anything whilst I was newly sober...it takes a while for the fog to clear.

Stay close. We are all in this together.

Ugh, I've got a horrible meeting with a stroppy parent today (I work in a school). I'm hoping she has forgotten about it...but I'm managing my stress levels much better this week, so it should be ok.

Have a good day my friends ❤️
Sorry to hear that about your sponsor, that can't be easy having the person teaching you how they stayed sober go out and get drunk! My sponsor wants me to go off with this girl who's more around my age, but she doesn't sound very stable. I think I best not.

Stroppy parents are the worst, I get them in my shop all the time. Hang in there, it's not worth getting worked up over. Good to hear you're managing your stress levels.
Old 03-16-2016, 01:03 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Im confused. So OT you are on day 30, but 30 days (1 month) fully sober tomorrow. Is that right? I don't want to have anymore 'screwdriver' or 'chips' moments today lol
Old 03-16-2016, 01:04 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Omg. I had my second dream involving drink. I woke up before I drank it but I had decided that I was going to drink a bottle of wine.

I felt like you.OT and I don't want to go there. Its worrying that I was going to drink.
Old 03-16-2016, 01:05 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Yeah, thats so not the deal here.

I wasn't going to mention it because the passive aggression I get in return is often more trouble than it's worth ....but one of the rules here is the family friendly worksafe rule.

It's our attempt to make SR as welcoming as possible for everyone - from Grandmas down to teenagers,

This thread may just be someones first experience of SR

Now everyone knows the rule, I'd really appreciate it if you follow it.

thanks

Dee
SR
Sorry Dee, I'll dial it back. I sometimes take things too far! I felt Sadie needed extra emphatic language, but I'll be more careful next time.
Old 03-16-2016, 01:10 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

It's amazing how much progress we've all made in a relatively short time. I'm like you, OT, I NEVER want to go back to what I was doing and how bad my life was not that long ago.
Old 03-16-2016, 01:11 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
Congrats OT!

Wow to your brief story. You have certainly come a long way. Enjoy your cake love, you deserve it, make a right glutton of yourself lol
Ha! Yes I will! I'm a completely different person now. It's crazy to think I was missing my alcohol when it was making me so ill. Life is so much better now I'm sober.