Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 28

Old 03-07-2016, 09:56 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Good morning gang.

I guess I need to check out Pushing Daisies and Mom on Netflix! It is not easy to find good comedies.

I also like sandwiches and casseroles, while we are on the subject, but the kids are not fans of either. My son likes exactly 2 sandwiches: grilled cheese, and honey maple turkey with smoked gouda cheese. It has to be exactly that! He has it dry. Daughter only eat sunbutter and does mix up her breads a bit. She has broadened her palate to accept Flat out Flatbread honey wheat, whole wheat mini bagels, and oatmeal bread. Trying to get away from white bread. Oh, it is also very good on Pepperidge Farms cinnamon swirl bread, but it better not have raisins in it! She brings some form of that sandwich every single day to school, with an apple, clementines and a granola bar or other sweet snack. She is not a fan of change, can you tell??

Anyway, good tip, V. We often freeze bread and bagels. It really keeps bagels soft, but they do need toasting after that. Sandwiches can be amazing!! I love them too.

Have a little volunteer gig this morning. Not too much time. I may be meeting the person I hand it off to, as my youngest graduates out of this school in June. Yay!! I am ready to be done with a few things there, and not loving the principal much anymore, so it will be good to move along after 11 years there between two kids. Time for a change. It will also have them on the same schedule for the next 2 years, after which daughter will likely go away for college. Though, I could see her possibly choosing to stick close for a year or two. That would be fine.

Things are good here. We have a motivation to clean up more intense,y and do some painting. Hubby's sister and family will come for a night in a few weeks, on their way to Logan Airport in Boston. Time to get busy! They have a beautiful home and she is an above average compulsive housekeeper on top of her full time job and 4 kids. She is a machine!! Lovely family, we adore them, but I get stressed when they come here, because I am not the greatest housekeeper.

Okay, off to wait t the bus with ds, and the dog. Have a good day folks!

Pepperidge Farm Cinnamon bread - I used to love that as a kid, especially toasted.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:57 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Happy Monday/Tuesday, all.

Have a great day!!!!!
Old 03-07-2016, 09:57 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

P.S. - Hives are much improved, although not totally gone.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:10 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
That is absolutely beautiful, phoebe; did you color that?
Yes, Leigh. Thank you! it is a hobby for daughter and I, and the boy has been enjoying it a bit too, but harder to find pictures he likes. I love this author, Johanna Basford, who has drawn the three very popular adult coloring books: Secret Garden, Enchanted Forest, and Lost Ocean. Her drawings are so nice, even if not colored. She has done artwork for product brands prior to doing coloring books. Her style is very distinct ink drawings with lots of detailed elements within them.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:12 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Yes, Leigh. Thank you! it is a hobby for daughter and I, and the boy has been enjoying it a bit too, but harder to find pictures he likes. I love this author, Johanna Basford, who has drawn the three very popular adult coloring books: Secret Garden, Enchanted Forest, and Lost Ocean. Her drawings are so nice, even if not colored. She has done artwork for product brands prior to doing coloring books. Her style is very distinct ink drawings with lots of detailed elements within them.

Very, very cool, phoebe!!!!!! And what a nice hobby for you and kids to work on together!!!
Old 03-07-2016, 10:15 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

P.S. - Hives are much improved, although not totally gone.
Glad to hear things are improving. My husband had a sever bout like that once. It was a mystery, but we suspected a few possibilities: Expired ibuprofen, new HE washer, and old non HE Tide, maybe poison Ivy contact gone wild. He took Atarax for a few weeks. He probably should have had steroids.

I hope yours is gone sooner than that! He was pretty good for the tail end, but just seemed fragile to it blooming again if he sweat, or such.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:16 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Very, very cool, phoebe!!!!!! And what a nice hobby for you and kids to work on together!!!
It really, is, because they are unplugged and a bit distracted, like long car rides, where they talk more than if face to face, KWIM?
Old 03-07-2016, 10:43 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I made an album that my contacts here can view. I do not drink or eat while I color, to keep the area clean. I do have water. So, any time I spend coloring, is time I will not even consider drinking, or snacking. They just don't go together.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:28 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Just got back from the dietitian. She's putting me on a 2,000 calorie eating plan. *Briar faints and dies*. I'm like, I'm 5'2"! But okay. I'll try.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:31 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

You will be fine, Briar!!!!!!! I just know it.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:33 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I made an album that my contacts here can view. I do not drink or eat while I color, to keep the area clean. I do have water. So, any time I spend coloring, is time I will not even consider drinking, or snacking. They just don't go together.

Phoebe, your drawings are absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2016, 03:05 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
Just got back from the dietitian. She's putting me on a 2,000 calorie eating plan. *Briar faints and dies*. I'm like, I'm 5'2"! But okay. I'll try.
Briar, you are young and active, it will be okay, and this is to help you gain a bit, right? You can do this.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:06 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Phoebe, your drawings are absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!
Just to be clear, I do not do the drawing, just the coloring.

And, thank you.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:07 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Just to be clear, I do not do the drawing, just the coloring.

And, thank you.
Understood but your choice of colors and your coloring precision are fabulous!!!!
Old 03-07-2016, 04:45 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

^^ Your fabulous, Leigh! Hope you had a good day.

Same to the rest of the team.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:48 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
^^ Your fabulous, Leigh! Hope you had a good day.

Same to the rest of the team.

Aw, thanks, Arbor. I think of you the same way!!!!
Old 03-07-2016, 06:16 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Yes nice artwork phoebe....they are so colorful and tickle my eyes quite nicely.

A long but productive day here so early to bed for this guy. I hope y'all with the young kiddos get lots of good rest this evening.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:17 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I'm off to sleep in a few minutes, too, Mark.

sleep well.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Goodnight, all.

See you tomorrow.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Nite love